002: Two Cupids and Two Naïve People

Love Hurts
002
Two Cupids and Two Naïve People
It's frutsrated when your friends are naive. Especially, since they don't see what's before them 
 
  Choi Dahyun

She felt horrible when she argues with Hana. Which us why most of the time she feels like she is just too much for her friend. Whenever she'd mention how she feels, Hana's usual response was: I am frustrated at you only when you truly piss me off to the point wanting to google how to kill you. Yeah, just like when Dahyun googles how to kick her friend's for swooming over Jongin every time she sees him. Only because Dahyun is envious.

Dahyun knows that latter is worried for her, but she wished if Hana isn't as overprotective as she is. She wished if she don't search fault at people. She wished if she could see that Taeyong treats her well and his kndness.  Taeyong didn't do nothing wrong to her and yet it seems like she knows him to judge him. She barely spoken to him or acknowledged him and yet she states he is bad person. 

She sure had fair share of having heartbreaks and she understands why Hana reacts the way she does. But she should learn when to step back. How Baekhyun doesn't mendle in her business? Pfft. Because Baekhyun knows his boundary. He always is there for her and he knows she would be hurt if he does something like that. She hates when they argue. She doesn't like it. 

She was glad that she is alone so she can do her own thing. Meaning, spending time with her friend who seemed very sad. She observed Baekhyun today distracted. She heard from someone nearby saying that Chanyeol had stern talk with them all and that he is making them work harder than they were. She pouted. Her friend did strive towards perfection so she knows how it feels. Like her with maths while Hana is professional in solving math problem like from joke. 

I'll never understand people who like science. A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. He is here. Perfect! She thought before running to open the door. When she opened the door, he stood casually leaning against door frame, with crooked smile. She imediately hugged him. "Oppa! Come inside!" 

"You sounded as if you didn't saw me in awhile," he teased, hugging her back. 

She frowned. "You barely text me and even hang out with me." 

He sighed, "I'm sorry...but we have game next week and Chanyeol is...being typical Chanyeol." He trailed off. 

Dahyun don't know much about basketball or any sports - unlike you are passionate fan like Hana - but she understood Chanyeol. He wanted his team mates to do well, especially if that would help them win the award of the State. That's a huge thing. But she felt bad how boys looked tired and pressured. 

"I think big load is on him, I am not on his side," Dahyun said to him, leading him towards her kitchen, "but he should cut you, guys, some slack."

Baekhyun looked at her and smiled, but the smile soon dropped. "He is right when he said that we stalling," he says sitting for kitchen table, "we lost game last year. We came home humiliated." 

She brought them sodas and sat across from him. She couldn't help but not feel sad for him. She felt like there's something else bothering him. It wasn't just a game that made him look miserable. Had he got a girl whom he liked and she doesn't like him back? She pouted. She'd hurt her if that's the case. 

"But, oppa, it's not just the game that bothers you." 

He looked at her for a moment, before he chuckled. "Am I obvious?" 

"You forgot I know you better than anyone else," she said, "I noticed today you are not yourself. You were distracted. You looked like lovesick puppy." 

A shadow of something strange pass over his eyes, but it was for just a moment. Strange mood nestled between them, and it didn't bothered her. She is not sure for how long  they were silent, but his hand took hers. She was truly worried right now. She was gonna ask him for advice, but that's not important! Her mind screeched at her.  Your friend is in distress!! 

"Love sick puppy? Is that another name for person who's in love?" 

"It's cute nickname," she pouted. 

He chuckled, but the smile he gave her was gentle, like always. Long time ago, she would ask him many times why he looks at her like that; she'd if he has a crush on her. But she knows Baekhyun and her were friends, and there's no way for such doubts. He is typical Baekhyun. 

"It's true, it's not the game next week that bothers me," he admitted, "I have feelings for someone but that's different story." 

"She hurt you? Rejected you? It's one-sided love?" She said. 

"No, cause she doesn't know for my existence," he said, "nor she knows how I feel. That's...frustrating." 

"Then tell her!" 

"I... it's complicated, Dahyun," he said biting his lip.

"Why?" 

"Because...She's loves someone else," he said. "And I feel if I tell her, she'll...choose that other person who is not good for her."

"Than you must do something to notice your existence, so she knows she has another choice. This boyfriend seems like a true trash," Dahyun made grimace.

She hated men who are trash towards their girlfriends. Her friend truly need some cheering up, so she will do it. She got perfect idea. What's best way to cheer up your friend? Watch together angsty romantic movies. She grabbed his hand. He blinked. 

"Dahyun-ah?" 

"We are watching romantic movies and we will cry our eyes out, and we will have fun tonight. I got icecream and popcorn, cause, thank you Hana for--" 

A sudden hug surprised her. Guess, he needs this. She smiled and slide her arms around his waist. Anyone should have friend like Baekhyun, because as much as he is there for his friends, he shows moments like this to her, meaning he learned to trust her to rely his feelings to her. 

 

"Thank you for existing in my life, Dahyun." 

"You're becoming weird." She chided him. 

"No, I mean it. I truly mean what I said." 

 

She blushed. "Oh well...You're welcome." 

 

 

Kim Jongin

 

"Hyung at dating," he said while they ate their ice cream. "He is making my head spin."

Hana, his girlfriend, laughed. "Dahyun is naive to read signs he is dropping her." She said with eye roll.

That's truth, He felt like these two are match made in heaven. While Dahyun is naive little flower, Baekhyun is lost case at dating himself. He has advices for others, but to follow them himself, that would never happen. Jongin wondered since when his hyung became such mess. When you are in love you become mess. Just like he met Hana for the first time, cheerleading. It felt like he was star-struck. He only could see him and her together. She drew looks from other guys from their school and it made him actually pull a move. 

When she accepted his invitation to go on a date with him, it felt like he won a lottery. The most beautiful girl accepted him. Ever since she became attached to him, like she is to her. Both were making everybody cringe, but he could careless - as long as it's making her happy. He'll even play a clown before her if that would make her happy. As if you are not already her clown, his brain reminded him. But he was not losing his mind like Baekhyun. His hyung has truly serious case of love sickness. 

He wonders should he just step in and just act like a cupid. Watching this for four years makes Jongin frustrated and pull his hair out. I am considering to seriously lock them in room together. Chanyeol is right. 

"Chanyeol said if those two do ended up together, they would known as dumb and dumber couple," he exclaimed. 

Hana laughed hard slapping his shoulder. "You know, they truly are. Especially, Dahyun." She said through giggles. 

Her gigles are music for my ears. "I really want to go on a North Pole and have mental rest I deserve," he said with a sigh.

"...That sounds nice." She pouted.

"...No headache." 

"...No usual 'What should I do? Should I confess? Is it okay to confess?'"

"...Or 'OMG, TAEYONG TEXTED MEEE'" 

Jongin made grimace. "Gross." 

Both drifted in silence. They often have this moment of not talking at all. Just being next to her, feels like he is healed from today's practice. He truly hated when emotions are heightened. He hated negativity, because usually it affects him in worse way possible; he takes it out on other people and he grew dsitant - from Hana. 

"What are we gonna do?" 

Her voice brought him back to reality. He had idea. She gave him look. 

"Easy. We will set situations where they would stay alone and talk." He said. 

"Unless if she escapes," Hana sighs. 

"Can she escape from a party?" He smirked. 

Hana looked at him amused. "No, she likes parties. I think she is biggest party animal." 

He grinned victoriously. "I happened to know Taeyong was invited, but instead with him she won't be talking to him. We just have to wait a perfect moment to brought Baekhyun and her together." 

 

"You genius."