001: Lost Case

Love Hurts
001
Lost Case
When you are in love, you are lost case according to your friends
 
 Byun Baekhyun

 

Siren sound of her laughter caught him unprepared. He always stopped doing whatever he did in that moment. Basketball practice is not important. Not when she stands in all her beautiful glory. He was dying on a spot. Her eyes sparkled while she showed something to overly annoyed Hana, who tried to shush her down. She is so cute when she gets excited and starts bothering everyone who is in her reach. 

He sighed. This wouldn't happen if you confessed to her already. He truly is lost case.

He didn't still let her know how he feels. Why he made this complicated? Why did he agreed to be her friend? He's afraid to screw their friendship up. He valued her friendship and he didn't wanted to make things awkward. Everyone around him grew frustrated with him, including his friends from his team.

They are not the only ones who are annoyed. He is annoyed at himself for being such...pathetic loser. Many times he tried confessing, but Dahyun ended up always interrupting him - or when she sensed that subject is getting serious she'd turn tables around and talk about something else. And he'd ended up being frustrated at both of them. 

He was debathing to just change schools and to distance from her but he couldn't bring himself to. She would feel alone. He knows she relies on him a lot, just like she relies on Hana. But he stayed around because Choi Dahyun is lost case too - she is too naive. She doesn't know how world works and sometimes he wonders: does she truly see what kind of a guys she dates? How can she not see that they are not worh her time? 

Why can't she see he is worth her time? That he is present! Next to her? 

His thoughts about Dahyun vanished when something hit him in his head. The pain was sudden and he scowled. He swiftly turned to scold whoever think to hit him with a bowl, until he met eyes of his best friend and a captain Chanyeol. The latter just sighed heavily. 

"Are you more focused now, Baekhyun?"

He momentarily regretted. "Yeah..Sorry." 

He sighed looking at them all. "Do I have to remind you that we have a match tomorrow? Important match that is," said Chanyeol in scary calm-tone, "if we don't move and do some more practice we won't won the game tomorrow, instead we would humiliate everyone like last year." 

Baekhyun winced. Jongin next to him sighed. "Hyung, it won't happen. But we do need break. We barely took one since this morning." Jongin huffed tiredly. 

Chanyeol glanced at them all. Baekhyun can tell they all look desperate for a break. He sighed. "One hour should be enough to spend time with your girl," said Chanyeol. 

Jongin blushed. "Shut it, hyung." 

Baekhyun smiled against his own will. Must be nice to have someone by your side who actually notices you. He thought while Jongin quietly followed him. On his own surprise. These days he was more with Hana. The two of them go everywhere together - even on arcade. Not every girl is into that stuff, but she is willing to try new stuff. Whatever Jongin suggest them to do, her answer is always yes. 

Baekhyun was happy for Jongin, the kid spent a whole year pursuing Hana. But he felt envious; it reminded him of something he can't have. Or better yet, someone who doesn't even acnowledging him. Would he do something about it? No. Because it's useless. She will do what she did always - she'll change subject. 

The two ended up buying some snacks and went on the roof of the building to sit. In silence, they sat watching their friends enjoying spring day. Strange how weather seemed to be so cheerful while inside he felt like Hades nestled into his heart. The latter gave him personal space and didn't spoke for a long time. 

This was the thing with Jongin he'll give you space and is ready to wait until you speak no matter how much time may passed. He liked this about him. Because what else should be said? He feels like not talking about his situation. 

 

"Hyung." 

"Yeah." 

"You're truly lost case." 

This made him laugh. "Thank you, captain obvious." 

Jongin grinned cheekily. "You're welcome. I'm glad I could be of service," he replied, "you should really confess to her." 

He sighed. "She changes subject, Jongin. Every time I try to confess or start a conversation, she runs away! Meaning it's one sided." 

"You need dating coach instead," Jongin replied. 

 

He needs to get drunk and forget. That's what he needs. 

 


 

Kakao talk conversation

~*~

Jongin: Help.

Hana: You rang?

Jongin: He is lost case.

Hana: No, Sherlock. Dahyun is ing giving me headache.

Jongin: Trust me, she can't be worse than Baekhyun.

Hana: ...She is crushing on that .

Jongin: Which ? Johnny? Mark?

Hana: Those are my friends, you jealous idiot. 

Jongin: :D Only your jealous idiot. 

Hana: You are making me cringe, but let's drop that. I am talking about Lee Taeyong.

Jongin: Does your friend knows about his reputation? 

Hana: She doesn't believe me. Like I have urge to smash her head in a wall. Ugh! Everybody knows how mauch of an and creeper he is and she doesn't believe me! ME! I invested whole childhood into friendship with that one! Is this how she pays me?! 

Jongin: How about we meet? We both need to rant out to each other.

Hana: With hot choco >.< 

Jongin: ^_^ Anything, my princess want...

Hana: >< See you soon my prince. 

 

~*~

 

Hana's frustration disappears the moment when her sweet boyfriend does something to calm her down. She could throw fit because her favorite team lose and he'll calm her down immediately with one action or bribe her with her favorite drink. Because that's what Kim Jongin does best - spoiling her. She adore him with every bit of her heart. He sometimes can be a little too much but that's okay; she is sure she frustrates him too with her overthinking. Not like Dahyun however... 

That girl sometimes goes on her nerves. So much that Hana was googling how to murder her without anyone noticing it.Mostly because Dahyun doesn't want to see Taeyong's true face. She hates seeing Dahyun cry and suffer like every time when she gets hurt by someone. Because every time, Hana ended up picking up her broken pieces. And ended up hearing dozens Why? 

If she doesn't want to listen, than she might as well should feel it on her own skin how it feels being hurt. It's cruel coming from Hana, but she has no other choice. Just maybe she would see really who loves her. She closed her eyes. Hana feels bad for Baekhyun, multiple times she tried to set him up with Dahyun. What her naive friend does? This person elegantly escapes with excuse - I don't feel well, unnie, but he knows I'll hang out with him next day. 

What is in head of your friend? She found herself googling. You're losing your head, Park Hana. As if google would help her with solving issues with Dahyun. She sighed while finishing up getting ready. 

Walking down she spotted Dahyun in the kitchen. The latter sat for kitchen table, and just playing with her food. Hana hated when they fight. But it's frustrating! Why can't she see what Hana sees?! That's Dahyun. Falling in love too easily. Hana's deep sigh caused other female to look up. Dahyun finally looked at her. Both didn't spoke immediately it didn't lasted for too long - Hana broke silence first. 

"I'm sorry. I am just looking after you, because you are naive." 

"If you meet him, I promise he is not that bad! He had changed." Dahyun said. 

No, I don't want to be around him. Especially not close to that jerk. "Sure." Hana said.

"REALLY?! UNNIE, YOU ARE BEST!" 

Hana sighed and let Dahyun pulled her into bear crashing hug. She smiled against her own will. This girl should go for wrestling instead for ballet. When Dahyun pulled away, Hana smiled. "Eat, don't play with your food. Ice cream is in the fridge. I am going out." 

"With Jongin?" 

Hana blushed. "Yeah." 

Dahyun grinned. "Well go then, don't let him wait." 

 

Hana just grinned. "I like making him wait, I like how impatient he grows," she winked. 

"You are horrible, unnie!"