Shuhua and Numb

Shuhua and all her lies.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua sighed heavily, feeling pain in several part of her body. She wanted to go straight to sleep, but her eyes wouldn’t close. Her mind was branching, thinking about her thesis, and thinking about Soojin.

Actually, Shuhua wants Soojin out of her life. For her, Soojin’s decision to share her heart was the end of a relationship that she thought would have an perfect ending. It’s just that, Soojin always comes with a smile that makes Shuhua weak. The older asked everything to go back to the way it was, as if her actions didn’t mean anything.

“Shuhua, are you asleep?” Heard her mom’s voice calling her and accompanied by several knocks on the door, made Shuhua wake up from her suffocating reverie.

“Not yet mom, why?”

“Soojin came, brought some cake for you.” Hearing that, Shuhua immediately got up and tidied up some of the messy things on the floor of her room.

“Soojin is already in front of you room.” Her mom added.

“Wait mom, changing clothes.” After she finished, Shuhua hurriedly opened her room.

Soojin, in her casual suit standing there, and her hand holding a jar of cookies with a forced smile.

“Here your cookies, hehe. Please try it later, ok?”

“So, auntie go first, okay?” Shuhua’s mom said, smiled and then left the two of them.

“You made it?” 

“Ofc not. Mom made it.”

“Oh, ok then.” Shuhua immediately took the cookies.

“Huh? Why? what's wrong if it’s made by me?!” Soojin asked annoyed.

“The last time i ate your spaghetti, my stomach was constipated.” Shuhua replied disparaging. “Come in.” She continued before Soojin could made a self-defense again.

“Where? Your room.”

“Ofc my room, where else do you think silly?”

“Why, what, for what?”

“Trial.”

“What trial huh? Divorce trial? But we’re not married yet? Should we married now and then divorce?” Soojin answered carelessly, because Shuhua also answered her question carelessly. But she still followed Shuhua into her room and sat on the edge of the bed, watching Shuhua who was busy looking for files on her laptop.

“Stop asking. Here, the trial session of your paper.” 

Soojin eyes widened. “What? No no no. Who are you, my teacher didn’t even ask.”

“First questi—“

“Shushuu!!” Soojin whined, but ofc Shuhua didn’t even care.

“What is meant by judicial power?”

Soojin scratched her head. “The authority ... mmm the ... uh jurisdiction over the judges!” 

“Take it seriously, Jin. It’s okay, don’t need to answer too textual. Just answer as you can, as long as you get the point.”

“What point, what textual, idc. I don’t know, Shu...”

“Don’t know the definition?” Shuhua said intimidating, Soojin just nodded.

“Jin, not because I’m helping you, doesn’t mean you are free right away. At least read it, so when someone or your teacher asks you, you can answer. I don’t need your thanks, what i want is you to understand the discussion of this paper. Is it that hard?” Shuhua said disappointed.

“I’m sorry....”

“I don’t need your sorry too, i just want you to understand the paper that should be your responsibility.”

“Shu, please don’t be like this, I’m sacred....” Soojin said while look scared and sad.

Actually Shuhua still wanted to advise Soojin, but stopped because of the gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter