Distraction: Part One

Chaennie Oneshots.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung just wanted a distraction. She definitely didn’t think it would lead to this. 

 

Between writing and recording her own album, starring in one of Korea’s biggest dramas, and being featured in magazines, radio interviews and variety shows, Chaeyoung was a busy woman. She was in high demand and had no plans of slowing down. 

 

Jisoo told her to go on a break. Take a holiday somewhere sunny. She had enough money and authority to ask for at least that. Of course, Chaeyoung said no. She was too hard working and stubborn to take a break. All she’d do is spend the whole time on the beach tanning and stressing about the emails she hadn’t answered and all the opportunities she’d missed. Alternatively, Lisa had told her to find a distraction. Someone to help her relieve some stress. The three of them laughed at Lisa’s suggestion over brunch, but Lisa hadn’t totally been joking and Chaeyoung wondered whether a distraction could be helpful or not.

 

This was how Jennie entered the picture.

 

Chaeyoung was at a photo shoot for her new album and Jennie was working on set, tagging along with the fashion team and getting the next outfits ready for Chaeyoung to wear. The blonde struck a few poses for the camera and Jennie was already mesmerized. 

 

Three outfits in and the final one was a red figure-hugging dress that Jennie knew Chaeyoung would look gorgeous in. The dress was a two-person task for Chaeyoung, it seemed, as she walked out of the dressing room, her face contorted into a pouty frown as she struggled with the zip. She asked Jennie if she could help zip her up. Jennie blushed at Chaeyoung and said, “Yes, Miss Park,” whilst darting her eyes away from Chaeyoung’s intoxicating gaze. Chaeyoung laughed. She always had this effect on women. Or just people in general. But this time, she actually invited the blush that spread across Jennie’s dumpling cheeks. 

 

“Call me Chaeyoung.”

 

Chaeyoung presented her back to Jennie. The zip funnelled down and revealed the curves of shoulder blades and back muscles. Jennie gulped and zipped the dress as quickly as her hands would work. She tried to focus herself. Professionalism, professionalism, professionalism. 

 

Concentrate on professionalism and definitely not on Chaeyoung’s skin. 

 

She was a mess of nerves and had to repeat the mantra when Chaeyoung asked her to her from the same dress. 

 

At the end of the shoot, Chaeyoung thanked the people on set for all their hard work. She thanked Jennie as well with a short wink and learned later that evening, not too long after she yanked Jennie’s underwear down her hips, that Jennie had always dreamt of working in the fashion industry. Chaeyoung praised Jennie’s sketches as she looked through them whilst wearing nothing but Jennie’s old, oversized university t-shirt. Large was the only size they had in store the day Jennie visited. 

 

Chaeyoung left Jennie’s apartment not too long after that since she had to get up early to finalize the tracks for her new album and when she finally got into bed three hours before she had to wake up, she realized that she had forgotten to get Jennie’s number. . 

 

Unknown number: Hi Jennie, it’s Chaeyoung. 

 

Jennie was going through the routine of another boring day as one of her boss' many assistants, when she received a text from Chaeyoung. She read the message and squealed loud enough to draw attention to herself and it was obvious that she wasn’t squealing over the number of boring emails she had to answer. 

 

She wasn't surprised that Chaeyoung managed to get her number, despite Jennie stupidly forgetting to give her own to the gorgeous blonde. After all, Chaeyoung was a famous actress and singer with, Jennie bet, hundreds of people at hand who could help her phone number. 

 

After a few exchanged messages, Chaeyoung told Jennie she wanted to see her again and asked her to meet her at a recording studio in town. Luckily, the place was close to Jennie’s work, so she said yes. She would have said yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter