All That Matters: Part 1

Chaennie Oneshots.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung heard a knock at the front door. Her dog, Hank ran to greet their visitor. The defender could see her favorite person through the glass of the door. She always loved it when Jennie formally ‘picked her up’ for their date nights.

 

“Sit.” Chaeyoung commanded. The sweet dog obeyed. “Stay.” Chaeyoung added.

 

She opened the door and wasn’t surprised to see the dog lunge toward Jennie. Jennie had one arm pinned tight behind her back and used her free hand to guard herself from the dogs loving attack.

 

With Hank’s tongue all over her face she presented the flowers from behind her back and said, “For you.”

 

Chaeyoung shared a hug and a quick kiss with her long time girlfriend before finding a vase for the roses Jennie had brought home to her. Jennie used the extra few moments to play with their favorite pup.

 

Hank began to cry when he heard Jennie’s keys jingle in her fingers. “You ready, Babe?”

 

“Yeah, just let me check my make-up. It’ll take a sec.” Chaeyoung answered.

 

Jennie met Hank’s sad glare, rolled her eyes and said, “Your mom has no sense of urgency.”

 

“I heard that!” Chaeyoung yelled from a nearby bathroom.

 

Hank looked so sad. He knew that his parents were about to leave him. It would only be a couple of hours, but to the dog it might as well have been forever. He always missed them when they were away.

 

The couple had been together for almost 9 years and had endured a lot of distance in their relationship. Whether the distance was emotional due to growing up and becoming more confident in their identities, or literal physical distance due to their careers, they had both grown into a comfortable closeness.

 

They were now living in the same house, playing for the same team, and raising a very cute puppy together. They weren’t simply living together. They were building a future together.

 

...

 

Jennie kissed Chaeyoung’s cheek and said, “I’ll get us some more drinks.”

 

Chaeyoung watched her girlfriend walk away and let a satisfied hum leave her lips. She loved everything about Jennie, including the way she filled out the jeans she had chosen to wear that night.

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t take her eyes off of Jen as she made her way to the bar. While the bartender worked on filling their order, Jennie turned toward Chaeyoung and leaned against the bar. She winked at the woman who had stolen her heart so many years ago. Jennie watched as the corners of Chaeyoung’s lips curled upward. The blonde tried to play it cool, but she was completely infatuated with the brunette.

 

The bartender got Jennie’s attention, causing the goalkeeper to break eye contact with Chae. She turned around and just as she removed her wallet from her back pocket to pay for the drinks an attractive, slightly older woman cozied up close to her.

 

Jennie instinctively took a step to the side to create space between them. She didn’t think much of the initial contact, but when the woman followed her and closed the space between them, the woman’s intentions were unmistakeable.

 

“Buy you a drink?” The stranger asked.

 

Jennie held up both the glasses she had just paid for and said, “Unless you wanna reimburse me for these...” Jennie thought she was hilarious.

 

She let a smile slip to her lips and found her girlfriend’s icy glare. Jennie cleared h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter