Scenting

Three Chances in Life

 

The walk back to Jimin’s apartment was quiet aside from the concentrated breathing from the alpha. The inhale and exhale strong enough that Jimin felt like that air was being removed from all around them. He could hear Jungkook occasionally whispering to himself as he continued to subdue his alpha, telling himself to relax and just breathe. The air surrounding them was thick and filled with all the things that they wanted to say but neither formed the sentences. Jimin felt like everything was his fault. He drank too much, flirted too much, talked too much. He should be thankful that the alpha was there to help him. Who knows how it would have ended if he wasn’t?

Jimin walked slightly in front of the younger man, giving him space as they made their way down the street, passing people enjoying their nights out, laughing and talking loudly, all while Jimin kept an eye out, making sure that they weren’t being followed by anyone from the club. While their friends were a little nervous about leaving Jimin in the hands of the angry alpha, the omega trusted that nothing was going to happen. He knew Jungkook’s alpha better than the rest of them, so with that on their mind, they reluctantly parted ways, Jimin promising to call Taehyung when they made it to his apartment.

The quiet was taking over Jimin. He wanted to say something to the alpha. A “thank you”, a pitiful “I’m sorry”. Anything. But nothing would come out when Jimin would open his mouth, just  in another breath and let it out in a sigh. He watched with careful eyes as Jungkook’s breathing seemed to be getting back to normal. He could almost feel the tension release from Jungkook’s shoulders as he seemed to relax. Jimin was quick to realize that the alpha was finally settling down. He finally got the nerve to talk without feeling like everything coming out of his mouth was going to be word vomit.

“Do you want to talk about what happened at the club?” Jimin said, slowing down slightly so that the alpha would be walking next to him. The alpha sighed loudly and shook his head. Jimin could see the tension coming back into his shoulders.

“Not right now. We can talk when we get to your place.”

Jimin slightly nodded and silence fell back over both of them. The tension between them was making Jimin feel like he was suffocating. He was nervous for what Jungkook had to say. He was already feeling guilty for the problems that he had caused tonight. He is not sure why he even let that alpha get close to him to begin with. Jimin was not the type that usually needed saved, but he was glad that the his alpha was there tonight.

They finally made it to the omega’s apartment building, still in silence as they creeped up the stairs. The omega opened the apartment door to his home and they both made their way inside. Jimin grabbed Jungkook a pair of slippers, the same ones that the alpha has been using for months and placed them in front of the alpha.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Jimin said, walking into the kitchen, placing his jacket on the back of a chair against the table.

“Just some water is fine.” The alpha replied. He followed the omega into the kitchen and took a seat at the table. Jimin handed him a glass and the alpha quickly drank all its contents. Jungkook placed the glass back on the table and stared down at his hands, playing with the skin along his thumbnail, a habit that he can’t seem to break. Jimin knew that this was what Jungkook would always do when he was nervous. Sometimes, he would pick at the skin so much that he would bleed.

“I’m sorry for all of the trouble that I caused tonight, Kook. I guess I drank more than I thought I had and I let the alcohol make decisions for me. I didn’t mean to make you mad-“ Jimin said.

“You didn’t make me mad, Jimin. I was worried about you. I didn’t like that he was so close to you and putting his hands on you. You should be able to have fun without worrying about an alpha touching you.” Jungkook explained, purposefully ignoring the jealously that he was starting to feel again.

“It’s fine. It happens sometimes. It is just something that omegas have to deal with.” Jimin explained.

“But it isn’t right. You shouldn’t have to deal with it. It is not something that should be considered normal, Jimin. I don’t like that you have to endure these kinds of things just because a low-life alpha couldn’t control himself.”

Jimin just slightly nodded towards the alpha, knowing that there was nothing that he could say to make the situation better at the moment. He knows that Jungkook was right. No omega should have to go through this type of thing, but the sad truth was that they did.

Minutes passed before either of them felt like talking again, both caught in their own thoughts. Jimin knew that it was getting late, and he was staring to get tired. By now, the alcohol had worn off and he was fighting a battle against his eyelids to stay awake.

“Kook, I think that maybe we should just let this go for now and finish this conversation in the morning. It has been a long night.” Jimin said, standing up to place their two used cups into the sink. He filled his cup once more with water and finished it before placing it inside. He turned in his chair to see that Jungkook was still sitting, looking at his hands. Jimin could see the small amount of blood on his thumb.

Jimin walked off to the alpha and grabbed both of his hands inside his smaller ones. The alpha finally took a deep breath and looked up at the omega. Jimin could see the fear in the alpha’s eyes, fear of scaring Jimin off, fear of another alpha touching his omega, but behind the fear, Jimin could see the caring part of the alpha. Jungkook just cared for Jimin. He didn’t want to see him get hurt.

Jimin smiled slightly at the bigger man, pulling him slightly to show that he wanted the alpha on his feet. They stood inches apart from each other for a few breaths. Jimin didn’t expect to be overcome with emotion when he saw the fear start to dissipate from the alpha’s eyes and be replaced with adoration.

“You should stay tonight. It is already late and we have more to talk about tomorrow so you can just crash on the couch tonight, okay?” Jimin said, still holding on to the alpha’s hands.

Jungkook nodded at the smaller man.

“Okay! Then let’s get you some clothes to change into so that we can go to sleep.”

The alpha followed Jimin into his bedroom. Jungkook looked around taking in the views. It had been a long time since he had been in the room of the smaller man. He felt that after their breakup that he was a place that he should no longer be inside. Jungkook took in a deep breath, absorbing the smaller man’s sweet scent that was lingering in the room.

Vanilla had always been one of Jungkook’s favorite smells. He loved the sweetness and the warmth that the smell would bring with him. So, when he met a feisty little omega, seeping with this beautiful smell, Jungkook knew that he wanted to experience it for the rest of his life. After their breakup, Jimin’s scent was sourer when he was around Jungkook, or it would be blocked by medication. So, the few times that Jungkook would get a hint of Jimin’s sweetness around him, he always made sure to it up while he could.

“Here! You can wear these. I think that they are yours anyways.” Jimin said, handing the alpha a pair of trackpants and plain white tee.

Jungkook looked down at the outfit. He recognized them immediately. He had wondered why Jimin still had some of clothes after all this time. Why not give them back? But he chose to not press the matter and walked towards the bathroom instead.

After changing, Jungkook returned to the living room. Jimin had laid out some blankets and a couple of pillows on the cushions. Jungkook still felt unease at the whole situation. He felt that his alpha could take control at any moment. He had never felt this way before, until recently that is. His alpha was becoming increasingly irritated and enraged, but Jungkook couldn’t really point out the reason why. Maybe talking to Namjoon tomorrow would be a good idea.

“I laid out some pillows and blankets. I also brought out an extra charger from my room so you can charge your phone.”

“Thank you, Chim.”

Jimin smiled.

“I miss that nickname. I used to hear it so often that I started to ignore people when they would call me Jimin like I forgot it was my actual name.” Jimin said, laughing to himself. “It’s crazy how just a name can bring back a lot of memories.”

Jungkook plugged in his phone and sat down on the couch.

“A lot of memories.”

The two fathers smiled at each other as they sat next to each other. Jimin could feel the heat radiating from the younger man’s body. He gave him a sense of comfort that he hasn’t felt for a long time. He looked over at the alpha’s hands to see them rest on his lap. His lap. Jimin could remember how perfectly he would fit on him, straddling his legs while the bigger man would work, or play games, or even as they watched tv. The alpha would place his large hands around Jimin’s waist and pull him in tighter, always placing soft kisses along his neck, their scents mixing into a beautiful aroma. Jimin felt his body temperature increase at the memories, missing the way that Jungkook’s lips would feel against his neck. Or the way that his large hands could surround his tiny waist. Or the way that Jungkook would-

The smell of arousal hit Jimin’s nose. He jumped from the couch and quickly walked to the other side of the room, separting himself from the alpha. Jungkook’s eyes were large. There was no way that he also couldn’t smell the arousal coming from the omega.

“Ummm. Well, I guess it is time for bed. Goodnight.”

Jimin quickly walked to his room and shut the door behind him.

“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! What were you thinking?” Jimin whispered to himself, as he turned off the light and climbed into his large bed. “I know what you were thinking but you can’t do that! After all the you caused tonight, you are going to let yourself get . This is so embarrassing.”

Jimin shoved his face into his pillow, letting out muffed screams. He couldn’t believe that he let himself get so caught up in the moment. While he was suffering, his omega was loving this. Scratching to get out. Finally starting to calm down, he felt himself growing more and more sleepy. He began to close his eyes, calming his mind from all the events that had occurred that night. Until he heard a quiet knock on his bedroom door. So quiet in fact, that he almost thought that he had imagined it, until he heard it again. This time, it was slightly louder.

“Come in!” Jimin said, sitting up in his bed and turning on his bedside light. He could smell the potent orange scent before Jungkook even opened the door.

“Sorry to bother you. I wasn’t sure if you were sleeping or not, and I didn’t want to bother you but I figure that I might as well try, even though, I know that you said that you were tired because of everything that had happened tonight-“

“Jungkook, stop rambling and spit it out.” Jimin said, chuckling slightly.

“Can I scent you?” Jungkook, shot out. Almost so loud to be a yell, it startled Jimin. Jimin looked at him with big eyes, unsure what to say.

“Please, Chim. I can’t control my alpha while you are still smelling like that piece of and I just need you to smell like me so that I can sleep. I know that we are not together, but I just really need this.” Jungkook explained, talking so fast that he quickly ran out of breath.

“Come here.” Jimin said, pulling back the covers of his bed, showing the younger man the empty spot next to him. An invitation for him to join him.

Jungkook climbed into the bed next to the omega, leaving plenty of space into between them. He didn’t want to make the omega feel uncomfortable but he also wanted to cover him in his scent. Jimin chuckled and scooted closer to the larger man, thighs touched as Jimin got more comfortable.

“You can scent me, Kook. I trust you and I also understand why you need this.”

Jimin turned his head slightly, exposing his neck to the alpha. Jungkook leaned in closer and took in a deep breath, behind the nasty smell of the low-life alpha, laid the vanilla scent that he adored so much. He leaned closer until his nose brushed against the sensitive gland. He placed his hands on the side of Jimin’s head to hold it in place has he continued to rub his nose against the omega’s neck. It didn’t take long for the orange scent to overtake the omega. Jimin felt his body become more and more relax as he become limp in the alpha’s arms.

Jungkook realized the effect he was having on the omega as Jimin gripped tighter on to his forearms. He pulled his face back from the smaller man’s neck and stared down at the omega. Jimin was taking deep breaths with his head leaned back against the headboard, eyes shut tightly. Jungkook tried to pull completely away from the omega, satisfied with the orange smell now wafting off him. Jimin gripped tighter on to the alpha, causing Jungkook to stare back at him.

“More.”

Jungkook his lips as he returned to the omega’s neck, happy to give him what he wanted. Jungkook started to place small kisses up and down from his temple to his chin. Small moans were escaping from the smaller’s mouth, little noises that were feeding into both of their wolves desires. Jungkook couldn’t stop. It had been so long since he had felt the omega’s soft skin against his lips and he had no desire to stop soon. Jimin couldn’t agree more as he turned his body more and more into Jungkook’s lips. He practically was sitting on the alpha’s lap, when he decided that he still wasn’t close enough.

He swung one long across the alpha and straddled his lap. He places his arms around the alpha’s neck while the latter placed his large hands around Jimin’s waist. The same scenario that Jimin had been imagining an hour earlier. Jimin can’t control the noises falling from his lips as the large hands travel from his shoulders to his lower back. He begins to slightly grind against the alpha, causing Jungkook’s grip to tighten.

“Chim.”

The nickname snaps Jimin out of his trance and he still his body. He looks down at the alpha staring up at him. Both men are out of breath and the smell of arousal fills the room. Jimin takes several deep breaths and attempts of control himself, but with the large hands still placed against his , it is harder said than done.

“We shouldn’t be doing this.”

Jimin is disappointed but also relieved when he hears the words come out of the alpha’s mouth. He nods his head slowly and climbs off of the larger man, returning to his side of the bed.

“I’m sorry that I took it that far.”

“No need to apologize, Jimin. I was the one that kissed your neck first. I should have just scented you and that’s it.”

“It’s fine. I am glad that I could help.” Jimin said, smiling. He was truly glad that he was able to help the alpha.

“Well, I guess that I will head to sleep now. I am definitely feeling better. So, um, thank you.” The alpha said, a slight hesitation in his voice.

Jimin nodded, also feeling the hesitation. As the alpha was getting from the bed, Jimin reached out to grab his wrist.

“Stay.” Jimin said. “I would like it if you would stay. Here. With me.”

Jungkook looked back at Jimin, as if his eyes were asking “Are you sure?”. Jimin understood and nodded yes. The alpha returned to the bed and covered himself with the duvet. Jimin smiled and turned to turn off the bedside lamp.

“Thank you, Chim. For everything.”

“No, thank you, Kook. “

It didn’t take long for both men to fall asleep, feeling more comfortable being closer together. As the light began to shine into the room, Jimin was the first to awaken. He opened his eyes and was faced with a slight he had not seen in almost two years. His alpha asleep in his bed. Jimin admired the way the soft snore came from the alpha’s mouth. Or the way that his exhales would slightly move the hairs surrounding his face. Jimin was sure that he had never met someone as beautiful as Jungkook. He slowing brushed his finger along the alpha’s cheek, making sure to not wake him. He traced the small scar, chuckling to himself as he remembers the story that went along with it. He outlined his cheekbones and then his forehead, then down his nose, completely engrossed in the action of admiring his face that he missed the sound of the front down opening.

“DADDY!”

The sound alone was enough to wake Jungkook from his slumber and quickly look at Jimin. Before either of them had a chance to speak, their pup quickly barged into the room, jumping straight onto the bed in between the two men.

“Daddy! I told grandma that I could smell you at my house but she didn’t believe me. I told her that you were here but she said you couldn’t be but here you are!” Their pup said, excitedly. “Why are you here, daddy? And why are you in papa’s bed?”

Jimin looked at Jungkook, worried about how he was going to answer. How would could they explain this to their pup for him to understand?

“Yes, Jimin. Why is Jungkook in your bed?

Both fathers look at the door to see Jimin’s mom standing there, leaning against the frame with both of Taeseok’s bags in her hands.

Jimin wiped his face with his hands and pushed back the covers.

“Do you want to fix breakfast with Daddy while I talk to Grandma, Seok?”

The pup quickly got up from the bed, pulling his daddy along with him. Jungkook placed both slippers on his feet and followed the pup. He passed Jimin’s mother still standing in the door frame. He gave her a smile and a small bow but avoided any conversation for now. As soon as he passed, he heard the door behind him shut.

“Okay, Jimin. Spill. Why was your ex-boyfriend and the father of your child in your bed and why does it smell like in here?

“Okay, mother. First of all, whatever you are thinking happened, it didn’t. We did not have . He only scented me.”

“And slept in your bed.”

“And slept in my bed.”

Jimin’s mother stared at him, waiting for more information, but Jimin had learned by now to not give more information than was needed.

“You are so boring.”

Jimin scoffed, walking to his closet to change clothes.

“I am sorry that I don’t have anything more entertaining to tell you, mother but that is really all that happened.”

“Ugh. I was hoping that you would tell me that you got back together and that you were done being stupid and that you were going to live happily ever after.” Jimin’s mom said, pouting slightly. “You know how much I adored him.”

“Yeah, I know, Mom.” Jimin said, exiting from the closet. “But sometimes, we miss our second chance.”

Both omegas left the bedroom to head towards the kitchen, anticipating any mess that those two would have created already. The kitchen was not only filled with messy plates and pans, but it was filled with smiles and laughs, something that Jimin had not seen in a long time. He couldn’t stop himself as a smiled crept onto his own face.

“You know, Hon. They say that you get three chances at life. How many have you used up?”