Let's Go

Three Chances in Life

“Just turn a little to the left. Great. Now chin down a bit. Looks great. Just a couple more.”

“You are looking like a real professional, Jungkook.” Hoseok said, laughing slightly. He was slouching in the seat next to the photographer. Jungkook ignored him and continued to snap photos of the dancers. Hoseok smiled at the younger man as he watched him work.

“Thank you. That should be good enough.” Jungkook said to the dancer with a smile. He placed his camera on the table next to his laptop. He began to scroll through the photos that he had taken, looking for the best shots. He was proud of the work that he had completed today. The lighting and stage were looking perfect with the bright white outfits of the dancers. It would be a great addition to his portfolio.

“Thanks for letting me come in and take some shots.” Jungkook said, towards the older dancer. Hoseok smiled, watching as Jungkook continued to delete and save some of the photos.

“Thanks for the free promo. Not really sure why you need to add more to your portfolio when you are already getting famous, but that’s your business.” Hoseok said, watching the photographer edit some of the photos. Hoseok was impressed with the outcomes of the pics. It was amazing what Jungkook was able to do with some lights and white sheets. “I am sure that you didn’t just come here because you thought that a certain dancer was going to be here today. Right?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the dancer. As if he didn’t already know that Jimin was not going to be here today.

“It has nothing to do with him. I just wanted to get some more shots with movements and who moves better than a dancer.”

“Sure, JK. I am sure that is the only reason. It couldn’t possibly be because of a cute little blonde omega who you took to the zoo and kissed you in your car in front of your sleeping pup.”

Jungkook dropped his head into his hands and took a deep breath.

“Who was it? Seokjin?”

Hoseok laughed at the younger alpha.

“Actually, it was Yoongi who heard it from Taehyung who heard it from Jimin. But nice to know that you are both talking about it.” Hoseok smiled and took a sip of his americano. “So, what does this mean now? Are you guys going to try to be together again?”

“It was only one kiss, Hoseok.”

“And a date at the zoo?”

“That was with our pup. It was more of a family outing than a date.” Jungkook said. Of course, he had an amazing time with Jimin and the kiss was better than he remembered. He still could feel the softness of his Jimin’s lips against his. He doesn’t know what that weekend meant to their relationship, if it can be called that, but Jungkook knew that he wouldn’t mind doing it again.

“Well, you can try to spend some more time with him tonight at Euphoria. Taehyung told me that he was going to be there.”

“I don’t know, hyung. I don’t want to make things weird between us. It is already hard enough trying to co-parent Taeseok. I am not sure that things would be different from the past. Have we really changed that much? Isn’t everything still the same?” Jungkook said, shutting his laptop. He started to gather his things. He didn’t really want to talk about this again. It seemed that his friends all think that he should try another time with Jimin but what if nothing is different and they just end up heartbroken again? Is it really worth it to go through all of that again, just when he was starting to heal?

“Nobody can answer that except the two of you. I can see that you both have matured but I also don’t know all of the problems that you had in the past. If you feel like you want to give it another try then do it, Jungkook.” Hoseok stood, getting out of his chair.  “You deserve love and happiness and I think that you could have that with him.”

“Thanks, hyung. I just need some more time to think about things.” Jungkook grabbed the rest of his belongings. “I’m going to head out. I’ll send you these copies when I get them edited.”

“Sounds good, JK. I’ll see you tonight.”

Jungkook spent the whole ride home contemplating what Hoseok had said. He didn’t know what to do with his emotions while they were still all over the place. It would be a lie to say that he wasn’t still in love with Jimin but the pain that he had felt the last 15 months had taken a toll on him. Jungkook wanted nothing more in his life than to be a complete family again but he just didn’t know if it was something that was going to be possible now. There were still too many unanswered questions.

Euphoria was a famous bar that the group had visited many times since college. It was always their go-to place for celebrations, birthdays, break-ups, and rejections. It was a time when the seven of them could get together and be a family. Things definitely changed after Jimin and Jungkook split. It was hard on everyone. Their little group got divided but the couple worked really hard on making sure that even though they were no longer together that it would not affect their friends. They made their friends promise that this would not allow them to split up. It took a lot of tears and forgiveness on everyone’s part to make sure that it would work out, and luckily, it did.

Jungkook paid his entry and heading straight to the bar, figuring that he was going to need some alcohol in his system to calm his nerves and his alpha before he would see Jimin. He leaned against the bar top waiting for Yuri, the bartender, to make her way down to his section. Yuri had been at bar longer than the boys had been patrons. She was basically their therapist. She spotted the alpha and smiled at him, skipping her way straight to him, ignoring the others in line.

“The usual, Jeon?”

“Yes, Noona. And a shot of soju.”

Yuri hurried to grab Jungkook a beer and a shot of Soju. She rang up the drinks and added them to the boys’ tab. She slid the drinks on the bartop to Jungkook. He reached out his hand and caught both of them.

“Show-off.” Jungkook laughed lightly. He pressed his shot glass to his lips and threw his head back, drinking it all at once.

“Having a rough night already?” Yuri took the empty glass from Jungkook and placed it on the counter behind her. “It should be a good night. I saw your omega dancing with Tae earlier. I see that he is still a lightweight.”

Jungkook nodded, lightly. He turned to look at the dance floor. He didn’t know if it was because of the lighting or just because of his heart but his eyes were immediately drawn to the small omega. He was wearing a white linen shirt that flowed against his body with each movement that he took. It was paired well with his tight black skinny jeans that did nothing to hide all of his curves.

“Don’t keep him waiting, Jeon. He has been talking about you since he got here.” Yuri said, walking off to help the other waiting customers.

Jungkook grabbed his drink and headed to the table that they always reserved. It was on the second floor and was a perfect location to watch the dance floor. Lots of tears have been shed on this table, both happy and sad. Lots of laughter has been shared around it and smiles too. Not to mention many spilled drinks. Jungkook smiled at all the memories. He could write a book with all of the stories that they have about this place.

“Jungkook! You finally made it. You are sooooo late.”

“Jin. I am literally 10 minutes late. It is not my fault that you all got here so early. We had agreed for 9. What happened to that?” Jungkook said to the omega, who was sitting next to his mate. Namjoon smiled towards Jungkook as he took a seat next to Jin.

“Yeah, well this week so I wanted to get drunk as soon as possible.” Jin said. He grabbed his drink off the table in front of him and finished it off. “And I have succeeded.”

Jungkook and Namjoon smiled at the omega as he put his glass back down. Seokjin had practically raised Jungkook since he was a young boy. The Jeon family was never a supportive family especially when they found out that Jungkook wasn’t going to continue in the family business. Seokjin was there to quickly dry the tears and give him a pat on the and tell him that they don’t deserve him anyways. Jungkook would not be as strong as he is now if it wasn’t for Seokjin. He is thankful for him every day.

When Namjoon and Seokjin had met, Jungkook knew immediately that they were going to be together for life. They fit together so well. It has already been a decade since they had first started dating. Jungkook always wanted a relationship like theirs. He thought that he had found it with Jimin.

“KOOOOOOOK”

Jungkook looked up to see Jimin racing up the stairs towards him. He ran to the booth and quickly sat down next to the alpha. Jungkook could see the hairs on Jimin’s forehead stuck with sweat from all the dancing. It was common look for Jimin. Jungkook can’t count how many times Jimin would be dripping with sweat from all of his dancing but still wearing a smile on his face, just like he has now.

“It took you so long to get here. I have already had lots and lots to drink and me and Tae have been dancing lots and lots. And my body hurts but that is okay because I just love to dance and I am having so much fun. And I am so happy that you got here.”

“Jimin, slow down.”

Yoongi laughed towards the omega as him and Hoseok returned with more drinks for the table. Jimin yelped as he excitedly grabbed a beer from the tray. Jungkook looked at the omega as he struggled to get the pop top off. Jimin pouted as he turned towards the alpha and pushed the bottle towards him.

“Open, pwease.”

Jungkook laughed as he took the bottle from the smaller man. Jimin smiled brightly. It was always one of Jungkook’s favorite things about Jimin, how beautiful his smile was.

“You think that you should slow down a little bit. You seem like you are already pretty drunk.” Jungkook suggested as he kept a hold on the beer bottle. Jimin frowned slightly.

“But I have to drink a lot.”

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. “Why, Chim?”

Jimin leaned in close to the alpha. He just looked into his eyes before sliding his head close to the alpha’s ear and whispered in.

“So that I don’t get distracted by being close to you and thinking about the things that we have done here. Especially in the bathrooms.”

Jungkook’s eyes grew wide as he kept looking straight. Jimin sat back up and quickly grabbed the bottle from the alpha’s hand and took a sip. He slid a finger under the alpha’s chin and wink at the younger man. He stood from the booth.

“Tae, let’s go dance some more!’

Taehyung shook his head as he leaned on the back of the booth.

“Go by yourself. I am exhausted.”

“Fine, I will.” Jimin pouted and walked down the stairs back to the dance floor. Jungkook followed his movements. Jimin barely hit the dance floor before his body started to move to every beat in the song. He was really in his happiest form when he was dancing and it was always a pleasure for the alpha to watch.

“Jungkook, what the just happened?” Namjoon said, leaning forward so that the alpha could hear him over the blaring music.

“I-I don’t really know. I think he was flirting but he may have also just been trying to distract me to get the beer.”

“Nah, he was flirting. He could have grabbed a different bottle if he wanted one.”

Jungkook looked back at the dance floor. He was met with the site of Jimin dancing but not alone. There was another man dancing behind Jimin, a little too close for Jungkook’s comfort. He watched closely as the man kept moving his hips in tandem with the omega’s. His hand finally slipped onto the smaller’s waist. Jungkook jumped from his seat, startling all of the other men sitting around the table and spilling the reminder of his drink.

“What the hell, JK? What is wrong with you?” Hoseok said, grabbing a handful of napkins to clean up the spilt beer. He followed Jungkook’s gaze and could see Jimin and the other man dancing. He looked back at the alpha. Jungkook was taking deep breaths, obviously upset about what was happening.  

The rest of the table looked at the dance floor watching Jimin. Taehyung was starting to stand up from the booth to go retrieve his friend when he felt someone storm past him. Jungkook made his way down the stairs and onto the dance floor. He made his way straight to the omega, his pheromones creating a stench that was luckily being covered up by the hundreds of other scents in the bar. But not to Jimin. As soon as the smell hit the omega, his eyes opened wide and seemed so slightly sober him up. He finally realized what was happening. He turned to look at the man behind him. He stepped forward slightly trying to get to Jungkook when the other man gripped tighter on his waist.

“Kook.”

“I suggest you get your hands off of him.” Jungkook looked straight at the other man that he could now smell was an alpha. He was releasing arousing scents and it made Jungkook want to throw up. Jungkook grabbed Jimin’s wrist to pull him towards himself. But the other alpha was being relentless.

“I would wait your turn buddy. I call dibs on this one. He smells so good.” The other alpha said, not letting go of Jimin’s waist and putting his face in Jimin’s hair.  Jimin looked at Jungkook with an alarming look on his face.

“My blockers are wearing off.”

The omega tried to pry the man’s hand off of him, but he was much stronger than Jimin was. Jungkook looked down at him and gave him a reassuring nod.

“He is not something you “call dibs on”. He is a person. He did not consent to this, so I suggest that you let him go or it is about to get very violent in here. Do you understand me?” Jungkook said, with a growl in his voice. Jimin felt like he was going to pass out from all of the alpha pheromones floating around him.

“He said let him go.”

Jungkook turned around to see their five friends behind Jungkook. The other alpha looked at the group and quickly let go of Jimin.

“This isn’t worth it anyways.” The other alpha scoffed.

“What the did you just say?” Jimin turned around to look at the disgusting alpha. “I’m a ? Why? Because I don’t want to be ed by you? You are a piece of garbage that doesn’t even deserve the title Alpha. You probably haven’t pleasured an omega in your life.” Jimin spit in the alpha’s face. “Oh, and you smell like and it isn’t because of your alcohol breath.”

“You little -“

Jimin isn’t sure what happened after that. All he remembers is a growl coming from behind him and the disgusting alpha being tackled to the ground. Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon run past him as Taehyung grabbed him by the wrist.

“Let’s go. Now, Jimin.”

The three omegas race out the front entrance as Jimin tries to catch his breath.

“What the hell, Jimin? Why would you provoke him like that? You know better than to tell an alpha that their scent “stinks.” Jin said, leaning against the wall.

“But it did.” Jimin whispered, looking down at his hands.

The three omegas are interrupted by the 4 alphas barreling through the door.  Jimin races to Jungkook. He grabs that younger alpha’s face and looks intently at it, looking for an evidence of a fight. But there is nothing.

It took a full minute of search for Jimin to even notice that Jungkook’s eyes were red.  

“Omega.”

Jimin’s eyes grew wide. But he stood his ground, still holding on to the sides of Jungkook’s face.

“He alphed. We really need to get him out of here. He only hit that guy once so he will definitely be coming back for him.” Hoseok said, wiping the sweat off of his brow. Jungkook looked at the other alpha and growled.

“I’ll take him to my place.” Jimin said.

“Do you really think that is a good idea, Jimin?” Taehyung said, worried for his friend. He didn’t think that Jungkook would hurt him but alphas can be so unpredictable.

Jimin ignored him and just stared back at the alpha.

“Alpha.”

Jungkook whined slightly.

“Thank you for helping me, but I really need Jungkook to come back. Okay?” Jimin continued. His stare not faltering against the alpha’s. Jimin watched as the red, faded back into Jungkook’s brown.

Jungkook took deep breaths, trying to steady himself. Jimin slowly removed his hands from Jungkook’s cheeks, but the younger man grabbed them.

“Let’s go. Okay? We need to go.”

The 7 boys left the bar. Definitely another memory to add to the books.