Repeating

Three Chances in Life

“Taeseok-ah!”

“Comin, Papa!”

The little pup quickly made his way to the living room of Jimin’s apartment. It wasn’t a big apartment by any means, but it was serving its purpose, but it did always seem smaller since Jungkook left. Jimin couldn’t believe that it has already been over a year since Jungkook left that rainy night. Jimin still can’t pinpoint the moment that everything changed but it was something that neither of them could have stopped in time to save their relationship.

If one good thing came out of their relationship, it would be Taeseok. That little boy had lit up their lives from the moment that Jimin found out he was expecting. It wasn’t an easy for them since they were still so young themselves not to mention that they were unmated. But their families accepted the changes well which made the boys feel better.

After Taeseok was born, it seemed as if they just kept fighting. Repeatedly. Sometimes over nothing at all but it became the only way that they communicated with each other. Of course, they took breaks from each other, talked to their friends and families, and even talked to other couples to see what they could do to save the relationship but as it got worse, Jungkook couldn’t do it anymore. It felt like his omega wasn’t happy with him which was driving his alpha crazy. So, one day in the middle of a storm, Jungkook packed his bags and left.

It was important to both, however, that they did not let their failed relationship affect their son. Jungkook and Jimin both made sure that the boy would spend time with both of his fathers and that he would still grow up with both parents loving him. Jungkook would often take Taeseok when Jimin had a performance or when he needed a night off as well as every other weekend. They were making it work, for better or for worse.

“Did you pack your bag for daddy’s, pup?” Jimin asks as he sees Taeseok run into the room.

“Yep! I brought lots of toys and my color books. I was going to share them with Homin when we go to uncle Seok’s house.”

Homin was the adorable son of Namjoon and Seokjin. The other bad thing about a breakup is that the friend circle normally breaks up too. Seokjin had been Jungkook’s friend all through childhood so it was not decision that Seokjin and his mate Namjoon would choose Jungkook’s side. Taehyung and Yoongi had been Jimin’s friend since university plus Taehyung was Jimin’s unofficial soulmate so it also was simple for them to decide. Hoseok, however, had a much harder place. He became close to Jungkook in school but close to Jimin at their dance studio. He had decided that he would be friends with all of them and be the string that would connect their friend groups. It honestly was working out well. While Jimin missed hanging out as 7, he understood the awkwardness that always surrounds them when they would try. They just don’t try much anymore.

This weekend wouldn’t be like most other weekends when Taeseok would go to Jungkook’s for a few days. Jungkook had gotten a few extra days from work and had asked Jimin if he could keep the pup for his time off. Jimin, of course, was happy that his pup’s father was so devoted to spending time with him, so he said yes. Jungkook always made sure to come pick up their pup from Jimin’s house since Jimin didn’t have a care and he didn’t want Jimin to have to ride the bus back to his house late at night.

“ORANGES!” Taeseok yelled as Jimin was trying to put his shoes on his little feet. It was always a fight to try and get this little pup to sit still long enough to do anything. Jimin smiled to himself as he looked down at his smiling pup. Oranges. Jungkook’s scent. He really missed it sometimes.

“You definitely have your daddy’s sense of smell. He isn’t even to the door yet and you can smell him coming.” Jimin laughed. He could smell his son’s scent spike as the orange smell got stronger.

Ding Dong

Taeseok ran to the door, leaving Jimin still kneeling on the floor. He struggled to open the door once he got to it.

“Papa, help. I can’t pull it.” Taeseok said as he pulled with his whole little body against the door.

Jimin stood up from his kneeling position with a smile on his face. He quickly got to the door and pulled it open. Even after all this time, seeing Jungkook would take his breath away. He was such a handsome alpha. He has been growing his hair out more and it is past his chin now. He kept it the same brown color that it has always been, but the length was just getting longer and longer. Jimin was a fan of it, but it wouldn’t tell Jungkook that.

“Hey, pup!” Jungkook said, bending down to pick his son up. He quickly placed his nose into his neck slightly scenting the boy. Jungkook used to always say that he didn’t like to fulling scent him because he liked it when he smelled like both of them.

“I packed my bag daddy! I got lots of toys and color books for me and Homin.”

“That’s very nice of you to share.” Jungkook said, smiling at the little boy in his arms.

Jimin walked back to the living room to retrieve the back that was sitting against the couch.

“Here you go. This is the bag that he packed, and then this one is the one that I packed with clothes and his sleep dolls in it.” Jimin said, handing the bags to Jungkook. The alpha reached to grabbed them and slightly brushed his hand against Jimin’s. Sparks ran down Jimin’s body from the slight touch. He quickly looked up at Jungkook’s face and was met with Jungkook’s rich brown eyes staring back at him. Jimin could smell his own vanilla scent spike slightly before he pulled his hand back.

“Thank you, Jimin. You look good, by the way. “Jungkook said it mostly a whisper.

“He always does.”

There was another sudden voice from behind them. Jungkook didn’t have to turn around to see who it was. He could tell from the reaction of his son alone that it was Sungwoon. The other alpha’s scent always made Taeseok sneeze from the overbearing scent that the alpha would put off.

Jungkook held his son closer as Sungwoon walked past them and walked into Jimin’s apartment, sliding behind Jimin and placing his hands around his waist, showing ownership of the omega. Jimin had only been with Sungwoon for 7 months but it was already too long in Jungkook’s eyes.

“Hey baby.” Sungwoon said, kissing Jimin on the neck. Jungkook could see that Jimin slightly tensed up but he didn’t think much of it.

“Well, we are going to get going. I’ll see you on Sunday then when I drop Taeseok back off?” Jungkook said to Jimin. “Wanna give papa a kiss bye?” He gently put his son back down as the pup ran to Taeseok to retrieve all the kisses that Jimin could give. He smothered the pup’s face in kisses as the little boy just giggled. Jungkook watched the interaction with a huge smile on his face, but he could feel the stare of someone else. He looked up to meet eyes with Sungwoon’s own dark eyes.

“I am not sure that Sunday is going to work for us. You might need to keep him a little longer than that. My rut is on Friday, so we are definitely going to need more than two days.” Sungwoon says, with a smirk on his face, gripping Jimin’s waist.

Jimin looked at Jungkook wide eyed before looking quickly over at Sungwoon.

“Sungwoon, we never discussed this. You didn’t even ask me if I would help you through your rut. This is something that you should have talked to me about before deciding that for us.” Jimin said. His face was starting to red with either anger or embarrassment, Jungkook couldn’t tell.

“You are my omega. It isn’t something that we need to discuss. It should be a given that you would help me.”

Jungkook was getting angrier as the conversation went on. How dare he treat Jimin as if he doesn’t have a say in his own body?

There was a slight chuckle before a voice spoke.

“This is why you will always be a lower tier alpha. Alphas do not own omegas. They are partners. You should learn that before you try to force him into doing something that he doesn’t want. Also, this is not an appropriate time to try to assert your dominance especially when you are in the presence of his child. Grow up, Sungwoon.” Jungkook said, slowly stepping closer to the other Alpha releasing more of his own scent to try and cover up the musky scent of anger that was filling the room.

“Enough. Sungwoon, we will talk about this later. Jungkook, you should probably go. I will walk you down.” Jimin said, sliding out of Sungwoon’s grip and stepping towards the door. Sungwoon was obviously mad as he stormed off and went to Jimin’s bedroom.

They walked towards the elevator at the end of the hallway of Jimin’s apartment building. The pup looked overwhelmed and confused about what he just heard but he remained quiet. The two dads also didn’t say anything. Not sure what to say anyways.

When they got to the lower level of the parking garage, they walked to Jungkook’s car as Jimin held on to Taeseok’s hand. He helped the pup into the car seat in the back as Jungkook’s put their son’s items in the trunk.

Jungkook couldn’t really hear what they were saying to each other, but he only caught a couple of sentences.

“But I don’t like him, Papa. He smells bad. And he isn’t nice like daddy.”

“I know, baby. No one is as nice as your daddy.” Jimin leaned in and kissed the boy’s cheek as he finished buckling him in. He closed the door after saying one more goodbye. Jungkook was leaning against the car as Jimin turned to look at him.

“I am sorry about that. I am not sure what got into him. Probably just some alpha possessiveness. You know how that is.” Jimin said giving an awkward chuckle. Jungkook could tell that he was uncomfortable, but he didn’t want to leave the conversation at this.

“No, I don’t know how that it. I never treated you like that Jimin. You don’t deserve to be treated like that. You are not his property. You deserve to be treated like the prince that you are. Not just a rut toy.” Jungkook said. Jimin could tell that he was making himself angry again as his orange scent began to smell rotten. Jimin placed his hands on Jungkook’s forearms and released some calming pheromones to help calm to angry alpha. Jungkook closed his eyes as he allowed the scent to wash over him.

“Thank you, Kook. You always did know what to say.” Jimin said, smiling at the alpha. Jungkook could feel his heart racing as it always did when he was this close to his past love. He didn’t think that his love for Jimin will ever leave because he was still so weak when he was around the omega.

“I mean every word of it, Chim. You deserve the best. Truly.” Jungkook said, grabbing the omega’s hand in his own before giving it a light squeeze of reassurance. Jimin couldn’t help his scent as it bloomed around them both. The air was being filled with a beautiful mix of vanilla and orange.

“Daddy, I want to see Homin!”

Their son’s voice startles them both as they take a step back in embarrassment. They laughed lightly as they part and Jungkook heads towards the driver’s seat of the car.

“Be safe and I’ll see you on Sunday, right?” Jungkook said.

Jimin nodded his head yes. He knew that he wouldn’t be spending Sungwoon’s rut with him no matter what, but it still was a fight that he didn’t want to have.

Jimin made his way back up to his apartment, building himself up for the argument that was about happen. He could still smell Jungkook’s scent left on him from the blooming, but he didn’t care. It actually calmed him.

When he opened the door to his apartment, Sungwoon was already sitting on the sofa. He could smell his anger still lingering in the air. The alpha turned to look at Jimin when he walked in. The anger seemed to grow as he realized that Jimin smelt like the other alpha.

“Why do you smell like him, Jimin?” Sungwoon yelled.

Jimin just stood in front of him. Not really sure what to say.

“He just comforted me, Sungwoon. You really caught me off guard and put me in a rough spot especially in front of my child! You could have had that conversation with me privately, but you decided to make it an issue.”

“Of course, it is an issue! My omega doesn’t want to help me through my rut. Do you know what that does to my alpha? He is clawing right now to take over, but I am fighting it. Why do I always have to fight for your attention compared to that man? I should be the only alpha in your life!” Sungwoon yelled rising from his seat to get closer to the omega. Jimin took a step back. He had never seen the alpha this mad. He knows that he shouldn’t provoke an alpha when he is angry, but he is so exhausted from having this fight with him over and over.

“You are never going to be the only alpha in my life! He is the father of my child and I will always have a relationship with him. I explained this to you before we even got together. You acted like you understood and that you were fine with it but now it is a problem!” Jimin yelled back.

“No, Jimin. The problem is that you ing bloomed with him, didn’t you? You mixed your scents because you know that his scent comforts you. You have never bloomed with me and we have been together for 7 months. You don’t even tell me that you love me! Are you sure that your relationship with him is strictly because of your pup or is there more?” Sungwoon accused.

Jimin remained silent. Of course, there will always be something more. They were together for 8 years, that doesn’t just go away in 14 months. He just looked at the alpha not sure how to continue the conversation. It just always goes in circles. Never reaching any type of resolution. Probably because the only resolution in Sungwoon’s eyes is to kick Jungkook out of his life but that is not going to happen.

“What do you want me to say, Sungwoon? That I love you? You want me to say it even if I don’t mean it?” Jimin spatted. “I told you that it would take me time to heal before I would be able to love anyone else.”

Sungwoon walked up to the omega and placed his hands on his cheeks. Jimin felt himself tense before he softened. He did care for the alpha, but we were not sure that he would ever be able to feel the way that Sungwoon feels towards him.

“How are you ever going to let me into your heart when you still keep it so full of him? Hmm? How are you ever going to love me when you can’t stop loving him? I want you to be mine, Jimin. Fully mine. I want to mate you one way and have pups of our own.” Sungwoon said, slightly smiling at the thought of Jimin pregnant with his pup.

Jimin felt his eyes fill with tears as he thought about having a pup with someone else. He didn’t want this anymore. Sungwoon was right. His heart was still too full of Jungkook to move on yet. He wasn’t ready. It was going to take more time.

“I’m sorry. I don’t want that. Not right now. I need more time, Sungwoon. I don’t think that I can do this anymore.” Jimin said as the tears fell down his cheeks. “I can’t be the omega that you need me to be. I can’t give you what you need.”

Sungwoon dropped his hands from Jimin’s cheeks. The tears fell harder as Jimin began to fill guilty towards the alpha. Like he had been stringing him along. He really thought that he would be better by now, but every time he sees Jungkook, he can’t get his omega to calm down. He has never felt that way about Sungwoon. It is better to cut it off now before it gets worse.

“You really are going to leave me for him! He doesn’t even love you anymore, Jimin. HE LEFT YOU! He didn’t stay when he had you and you think that he is the one for you? If you were meant to be, then why did he leave? He deserted you. I knocked you up and then ditched. Just like a neighborhood . Is that what you are Jimin?! Huh? Is it?!” Sungwoon yelled, getting angrier about his omega leaving him.

“Enough! You don’t know anything about us, Sungwoon. You need to leave now! We are done.” Jimin screamed. “Get the out. You have no respect for me! You never did. You treat me like you own me, but you don’t own .”

“It isn’t hard to find a better omega. I’m sure Jungkook has had plenty.”

Jimin’s eyes went wide. He didn’t expect that Jungkook would wait for him, but has he been with other omegas? Sure, he has. He is good looking and incredibly nice. He probably has them lining up of him.

Sungwoon laughed at the face that the omega made.

“Oh no. That is too good. Did you think that he would wait for you? Did you think that you would end up back together? Were you think that when I was filling you with my knot or when you were on my ? About how an omega was probably doing the same to him?” Sungwoon spat towards Jimin. “You are pathetic.”

Sungwoon grabbed his coat from the back of the couch and stormed off. Leaving a broken Jimin on the living room floor.

Jimin isn’t sure how much time passed as he looked for his phone.

Jimin: Could you please come over? I need you.

Taehyung: Omw. Are you okay?

Jimin: Me and Sungwoon are done. I need hugs and cuddles. Please

Taehyung: We are on the way, baby. Be there in a few.