Crescendo

Love Between Floors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crescendo - /krəˈʃendəʊ/, louder

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

She knew they dropped the honorific on text, but the way he spoke her name was enough to send tingles through her ears. 

Before she closed her agape mouth, she heard Hayoung’s excited voice. “Unnie! That’s the neighbour? You didn’t tell me he’s THAT handsome?!” Hayoung whispered in her ears. Naeun sent her a deathly glare. Hayoung giggled, then bowed slightly to greet the man in front of her. She gave Naeun a knowingly smile, then waved. “Unnie, I’ll leave now. Bye!” 

Oh Hayoung... I'm going to kill her. Naeun thought.

She turned to him with a nervous smile. “When did you arrive Korea?” 

“This afternoon! Had to do some work before I could leave the airport. Just wondering if I can pay you a visit… and give you this.” He gestured to the small paper bag he held.

She widened her eyes. “What is that?”

“It’s a brush roll from LA. You probably have this but… yea… just thought it would be useful for you.” He said sheepishly with a nervous curl in his lips.

She gleamed in delight as he passed the paper bag to her. “I was actually planning to buy a new one! Thank you so much!”

He grinned. “It’s my pleasure. Do you have any plans for dinner?”

She shook her head. 

“Free for a dinner together?” He asked.

She nodded, then upon realisation, she said abruptly. “Sure. But let me treat you the meal.”

He opened his mouth to protest but she interrupted him. “Taemin-ssi—” She trailed off, realising that they dropped honorifics. “I mean… T-Taemin… o..ppa…” She stuttered while his cheekbones rose uncontrollably. 

“Well!” She regained her posture and tried to hide the blush on her cheeks. “What I mean is, you’ve recorded the piano… and did all of that… plus the souvenirs! Please, let me treat you a meal for that.” She said with determined eyes.

He sighed in defeat. “Fine then.”

……

As day fall, the sky was painted into streaks of pink and orange. With cars and buses zooming past them, they walked side by side. He pulled her arm gently so he walked on the side of the road, while her cheeks tinted pink.

After a short period of silence, she asked curiously. “How did you figure out where my gallery is?”

“You mentioned it before, when we met at the supermarket. I searched up the name.” He said sheepishly as her lips curled into a shy smile and her heart fluttered once again, realising that he remembered what she said so long ago.

He glanced at her side profile and felt his heart thumping with anticipation, after seeing her again in 10 days.

He gulped, then asked. “Well… How was your day?”

“It was great, a new project came in and…” I glanced at the clock and wondered when you would arrive. She thought. “… yea pretty much...You?” She bit her lip and stole glances at him. She thought she would be more comfortable around him, since they’ve talked more on text, but once he came, she found herself crawling back into her shell again. 

“Nothing much for me too. The flight went smoothly and we landed safely.” 

She nodded. Come on Son Naeun… Say something!  “Did you… get enough rest then?” She suggested carefully. He did look a bit tired from the long flight. 

He shook his head and flashed her a grin. “I’m fine, don’t worry. Been doing this for a while already.”

“What about you? Do you usually leave home this late?” He wondered.

“Usually I stay a bit longer, but I don’t really stay too long.” 

“For the designs?”

“Yes, that plus organising exhibitions.”

He nodded and stole another glance at her. “Then… did the recordings help?”

“Yes! A lot actually.” She said gratefully. She listened to them every night and hadn't lost any nights of sleep since.

“I can play that song again… if you liked it that much.” Taemin glanced at her, with a mischievous curl on his lips. 

“Which song?”

“Well… you know… the one I played before I left.” The one you liked on Minho hyung’s instagram. He thought with a smile.

She blushed in embarrassment. “I— I just… clicked it by mistake! D-Don’t think too much about it!” 

He bursted out into laughter and nodded, with his cheekbones rising. She is so cute. “Fine then, as you wish.” 

She pursed her lip and turned away, but when she turned back she matched his gaze and her cheeks heated up further.

……

Soon, she pointed at the restaurant nearby. When he pushed open the door, she felt a surge of cold air and sneezed lightly, with goosebumps forming on her arms. She scolded herself inwardly. Forgot that indoors are way colder these days… pabo Son Naeun. 

He glanced briefly at her in a sleeveless top. 

The waitress brough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter