Leggiero e vivo

Love Between Floors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leggiero e vivo - /lɛˈdʒɛːrəʊ/viːvəʊ/, lightly yet vibrant. 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

“You’re a…” She stuttered, with slightly open in amazement. 

“Yes, a pilot.” He chuckled and nodded. “I work for the SM airline.”

opened wider. SM airline is famous for having safe flights but also staff with outstanding visuals and kind attitude. Taemin certainly ticks off for all of that. After closing her agape mouth, her raised eyebrows dropped as she wondered curiously. “W-Wait… why were you in casual for the past week?” 

He responded truthfully. “I’ve got an assessment today and a course later, so I took a week off in advance to revise and prepare for that.” 

“Ah…” She nodded with an encouraging smile. “Good luck for today!” 

……..

11:38 AM

“Lee Taemin-ssi, you can take a break.”  

He bowed to his examiner and instructor, then left the room for a cup of water. He closed his eyes briefly and pressed on his temple. The command assessment is challenging, as it is designed to be. As the youngest candidate that is qualified for the assessment, he knew it would cost him a huge amount of energy and knowledge. He gulped the last sip of water, took a deep breath, then walked back to the examination room. Before he steered open the door, he found himself hearing her voice. 

“Good luck for today!”

His lips curled instinctively and he stepped into the room with his head lifted up in determination.

……..

After finishing the meeting details for her new cilent, Naeun stretched her arms on the chair. She glanced at the digital clock and couldn’t help to wonder. How did his exam go? Did he do well? 

Knowing that he’s a pilot shocked her. At first, she thought he would be a professional musician or pianist, with such a talent in music, but for him to excel in another challenging career was out of her mind. She wondered what is it like being a pilot — working through long hours, under the stress and pressure of keeping the whole crew safe, but also being able to travel around the world and explore new places and culture. In comparison to her, who is stuck on land, she wondered what was it like to live and work in the sky. Her lips curled up as she imagined the joy and ecstasy of his everyday life. It would be fun. She thought.

The image of him in a pilot uniform this morning appeared in her mind again and her heart skipped a beat even after the encounter. With flushed cheeks, she patted her face. Whatever goes on with his exam, he is just a handsome neighbour. Just a nice, handsome, talented pianist neighbour, who happens to cure your insomnia okay? Nothing special. She hit her head again and shook herself off from his handsome face, then forced herself to focus on her work.

…….

“Good job for today, Taemin-ssi. Good luck for the course and keep up the good work!” His instructor advised as he left the room. 

Taemin thanked him again and stepped out of the room.

“Cheers to the youngest captain in SM airline!” His friends cheered as they sat together in a restaurant.

He chuckled. “Guys… its not over yet…I still have the course coming through… ”

“We have our fingers-crossed for you, Taemin-ah.” Timoteo said.

He sighed. “The passing rate for the course is low, and I’m the youngest candidate, so I think they won’t really raise me to a captain.”

“Come on, don’t give up!” Kai said with a pat on his shoulder.

“You’ve been preparing for months before you even took leave, so I’m sure you can do it.” Kwonho added.

“Well.. I’ll still try my best!” Taemin said with determination.

“Of course! For the dream you had since you were 13!” They cheered him on.

He nodded with a proud smile. One reason why he was able to be qualified for a pilot captain at such a young age was because of longer experience. He started when he was 13, by flying in the air cadets before embarking on a training program at Aviation centre. It was tough, but it is his life-long dream and he’ll definitely push himself towards it. 

“So, since your assessment is over, what’s your upcoming plans?” Ravi asked.

“Upcoming plans? — some days I’ve got flight stimulation, others I’ll be on supervised flights.”

“When’s your next flight?” They asked.

“The day after tomorrow.”

“What are you doing tomorrow then? We could hangout before you leave.” Kwonho suggested.

“You wanna go for billiards? Get lunch together?” Kai said.

“Nah. I’ve got something to do.” Taemin said honestly.

“What is it?” 

He smiled and didn’t reply. 

……..

That night when she lifted up her blankets and prepared for bed, she thought of him again. She wondered how his exam went, and if he was going to play again for her tonight, just like how he did every night for the past week. She tumbled in her covers, but the sweet melody didn’t come. She sighed in slight disappointment, but thought that he needed a break. She wished and prayed silently to Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter