chapter 4: drunk texts

Party, Kisses, and Late Night Rendezvous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yujin gagged seeing Yuri and Yena still going at it when seven minutes had already passed. Finally, she squeezed her away from the crowd and decided to leave the kitchen. Chaewon left in a hurry, and Yujin noticed how her unnie looked like she was uncomfortable. 

" Maybe she went outside. " Is what Yujin thought. Hence, she left through the back door in hopes of finding her Chaewon unnie. Yujin always liked being around people. Parties and any other events that require a big crowd don't bother her, unlike Wonyoung, who, despite her title as the It girl of their school, is actually an introvert. She would rather stay at home and sleep than go outside. 

Yujin wonders how Wonyoung is doing right now. The bunny was so excited about going to her first party, but she ended being sick. Yujin thinks it's somewhat her fault, so despite convincing herself that she would enjoy the party, a part of her still wishes that Wonyoung was there with her. 

Yujin would've loved that. 

She looked around the pool area to look for Chaewon, but all she could see are people throwing up or making out. The puppy felt kind of jealous to see couples doing their thing. If only she could have someone to kiss, Yujin would consider this party a memorable night. 

" Yujin, is that you? " 

Yujin turned around and saw Jennie. Jennie opened her arms and invited the taller girl for a hug. The puppy happily obliged. 

" Look at you. You're so tall like Wonyoungie! " Jennie exclaimed. She looks at Yujin from head to toe. Her cousin's bestfriend grew up weel. Just like Wonyoung, Yujin is blessed with longs legs and a pretty face. Jennie knew her since Yujin was five years old. Time sure does fly fast. " Is my baby cousin here? " 

" Oh, Wonyoung's sick at home. " Yujin replied. " It . " 

Jennie squeezed Yujin's arm. " Aww, poor Wonyoung. I guess I'll visit her one of these days as well. I haven't seen her for like months. I'm scared that she became prettier than me. " 

" You guys sure are cousins. " Yujin snickered. Jennie rolled her eyes playfully at Yujin.

" What are you doing here, unnie? Aren't you in college? " Yujin changed the topic. 

" Oh, my friend Rose knows Felix. " Jennie explained. " They're both Aussies, and she literally lives just across from his house, so we thought, hey, let's go crash some high school kids party. " she shrugged, casually sipping from her drink. 

Yujin recalled how Wonyoung would always tell her that she wants to be like Jennie when she grows up. Wonyoung indeed did become like her. Popular and very pretty. Yujin and Jennie's conversation was interrupted when Jihoon suddenly tripped while grabbing Yujin's arm. 

" What the hell, Jihoon?! " Yujin luckily stood her ground while her friend fell flat on his face. She helped Jihoon to stand up as she winced at the sight of how -faced his friend is. He had a bruise on his lips, and at the same time, he looked like a bloated chipmunk that stored nuts in his mouth for hibernation. 

" M-minju. " Jihoon swayed on his feet. " She needs your help! Some guy is talking to her, and she won't leave her alone... uhh. I tried punching the guy, but I got knocked out instead. " 

Yujin turned to Jennie and looked at her apologetically. " I'm sorry, but I think I need to go. It's nice talking to you again, Jennie unnie. "

" Don't kill the guy, okay? " Jennie shouted as Yujin sprinted towards the house. She then grabbed Jihoon by the arm and helped the poor boy to a place where he can sit. 

" Are you god? " Jihoon asked

" I get called that a lot. " 

xxx 

Chaewon found herself desperately knocking at the bathroom door upstairs with Sakura and Chaeyeon. Her stomach feels so upset that she could vomit her guts out. A very drunk Hitomi locked herself inside the bathroom. Sakura and Cheyeon were hell-bent on making Hitomi come out, but the latter would not answer them. 

" I think we have to ax the door. " Chaeyeon stated seriously. 

" Felix's parents will kill us! " Sakura jammed a fist to . " Oh my god, I promised Hitomi's father that I would look out for her daughter! " 

Chaewon sat down on the floor and hugged her stomach. She's trying her very best not to puke on Felix's expensive-looking carpet. " W-what is she even doing there? " 

" We don't know! " Chaeyeon tried twisting the doorknob forcefully. " Before we came here, Hitomi mentioned that she wanted to change something about her. And here I thought she was just referencing Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs, and now I'm worried and panicking- and Hitomi's dad will kill us if something bad happened to her?! " 

Chaeyeon and Sakura sounded more and more like Hitomi and Nako's parents every day. Now, Chaewon was genuinely worried about whatever Hitomi is doing inside the bathroom, but she really had to face a toilet, or Felix will hate him forever. So Chaewon banged the door three times, followed by a kick. 

" Hii-chan, it's me, Chaewon unnie! " Chaewon shouted. " Look, I need you to open the door for me, okay? Chaeyeon and Sakura unnie are losing their minds over here! " 

Half a minute passed, and the lock of the door sounded. Chaeyeon and Sakura were about to go inside the bathroom, but Chaewon stopped them. " I don't need three people holding my hair up when I vomit, thank you very much. " 

" But-" Sakura's words got cut off when Chaewon slammed the door in their faces. 

" Is it just me, or Chaewon look angrier than usual? " Chaeyeon asked her Japanese friend. 

Sakura shrugged. " Teenagers. " 

xxx 

Chaewon locked the door behind her and rushed to the toilet, and puke her heart out. She didn't even spare a glance at a purple-haired girl lying on the bathtub. 

" Do you want me to hold your extensions for you? " Hitomi asked. Chaewon gave her a thumbs up to tell her that she was okay. Then, she flushed the toilet and turned around to look at Hitomi, who dyed her blonde hair to purple. 

Chaewon's eyes widened. " Hii-chan, what the ?! " 

Hitomi sat up to give space to Chaewon so that they could sit together inside the bathtub. Chaewon made her way in and touched Hii-chan's purple hair. " Girl, your scalp is dead like the economy. " 

" Does it look bad? " Hitomi asked, checking the tips of her hair. 

" No. It's cute. " Chaewon replied. " It suits you. " 

The two of them sat in the bathtub in comfortable silence. Their toes touched, but Chaewon and Hitomi do not mind it. They're both drunk to even realize a line of people outside the bathroom were knocking furiously at the door. 

" Why did you dye your hair so suddenly? " Chaewon asked. She grabbed the bottle of vodka that Hitomi was holding and took a swig of it. hurts. 

Hitomi stared at the ceiling. " I don't know... I probably want to change, and I'm so drunk to even think about the consequences if my father sees me like this. " 

Chaewon chuckled. Hitomi, despite her timid appearance, is actually a stubborn person. She may look and act ladylike, but she will never hesitate to cut a . " I guess I am too sober to make risky decisions. It's like no matter how much I drink, I just... " 

Hitomi looked at Chaewon started to sob. She pats the girl's head to comfort her. It was a weird occurrence for Hitomi because Chaewon never cries. Or at least, not in front of them. 

" You could tell me your worries, you know? " Hitomi said. " You don't have to be embarrassed because I'll probably just forget about it. " 

Sure, Hitomi means what she said, but she didn't expect Chaewon to bawl like a child. 

" I LOVE YENA UNNIE, AND I JUST REALIZED IT NOW!!!!! " 

Hitomi whistled. " Oh, boy. " 

Chaewon almost downed the whole bottle of vodka, but Hitomi quickly snatched it from her hand. " Leave some for me, goddammit! " 

Chaewon wiped her tears on her top and rested her head on her knees. " Oh my god, what am I going to do? How do I even act around her? "

The purple-haired girl sighed. It seems like she has to be the level-headed person between her and Chaewon. " I'm going to ask you a question unnie, but promise me you will answer me honestly. " 

The latter sniffed. " Okay.. " 

" So, you just realized that you love Yena unnie, right? " Hitomi confirmed. " Now, do you want to be her girlfriend or what? " 

Despite being drunk, Hitomi was making sense! Still, she cannot answer that question. 

" I haven't thought that far. " Chaewon mumbled, raising her head. " But I still want to do everything with her. "

" I see. " Hitomi nodded. " If that's the case, why do you act like being in love with her is the worst thing that happened to your life? " 

" It's not like that. " Chaewon argued. " Yena unnie and Yuri are together now, you know? We all know that Yena unnie loves her. " 

" But they're not together, though? " Hitomi replied. 

" Really?! " 

" Yeah, Yuri told us that they're just testing the waters right now? " Hitomi explained. " I love the three of you, but nobody wants to see the three of you being awkward with each other. If you love Yena unnie, you should give it a shot. But if you'd rather stay as her friend, then that's a choice you have to make. " 

" Wow, you're brilliant. " Chaewon replied. She was a lot calmer now, thanks to Hitomi. " Sometimes, I forget that I have a whole life ahead of me, you know? Everyone in high school thinks that their relationship is the most important thing they will have for the rest of their lives, but it's not. " 

" We're teenagers, unnie. We can do everything we want to do. " Hitomi added. The two of them smiled at each other. 

" Yeah, being young is indeed a privilege. " 

xxx 

Yujin quickly spotted Minju inside the house. Unfortunately, she was cornered by some guy near the kitchen counter. If Yujin's memory can be trusted, the guy talking to Minju is a member of their football team. He probably stands 6 feet tall with broad shoulders and huge biceps. He looks like a character from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. No wonder, Jihoon was knocked out. 

Still, Yujin walked towards them with a clenched fist. No one messes with Kim Minju except her. 

" So, what do yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter