chapter 3: seven minutes in heaven

Party, Kisses, and Late Night Rendezvous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Hello, Jo Yuri, instigator of all that's evil." 

" First of all, how are you doing, Wonyoungie? Secondly, you. I'm not the antichrist. " 

Yuri rolled her eyes so far back from her head, she thought she's going blind. Yuri was waiting outside of her house for Yena to pick her up when Wonyoung called her phone. 

" Mom said that I'm doing better, but I still can't go outside. " 

" That . " Yuri said, checking her nails. " So, why did you call me? " 

" I have a favor to ask." 

Yuri paused for a while. Wonyoung is not the type to ask for favors. She likes micromanaging everything and can be a bit of a perfectionist. Her favor must be something serious that she had to ask someone for help. " What is it? " 

" Can you go watch Yujin for me at the party? " 

The older girl removed her phone away from her ears, wondering if she heard Wonyoung correctly. " Why, though? " 

She heard Wonyoung groan from the other line. " Why do you have to ask?! Just do it, unnie! Jesus Christ. " 

" Well, First of all, your favor is ridiculous. " Yuri replied. " I love Yujin a lot, but it's weird to monitor her actions like some kind of creep. So what am I, her mom?!" 

Yuri heard Wonyoung whining. The girl must have also been flailing around like a toddler throwing a tantrum. Yuri massaged her temples, looking for the last bit of her patience in her body. " Okay, fine! I'll do it! " 

" Really?! " Wonyoung's voice was high pitched. Yuri starts to wonder if Wonyoung was even sick in the first place. 

" Yeah. Just tell me what's in it for me. " 

" You'll be my favorite unnie, if that helps. "

" Wait, I'm not?! " 

" Yeah, my favorite is Chaeyeon unnie. You're a close second. " 

" I hate you, Wonyoung. " 

" Please, no person is capable of hating me. I mean, have you seen my face? " 

Yuri decides to ignore what Wonyoung had just said. " So, why do you want me to watch Yujin, you weirdo. " 

She heard the bunny mumble something under her breath. " W-well. You know it's her first party she will go to, and I'm kind of worried that some random guy would hit on her or something. I'm her best friend, so yeah. I don't want anything bad happening to my bestie, right? " 

" Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Wonyoungie. " Yuri thought.  

" Well, Yujin can handle herself, and besides, she's friends with everyone. I doubt anyone will try to mess with her. " Yuri said. She finally sees Yena's G-wagon from afar. " And besides, if you're worried about someone hitting on Yujin, then you should keep Minju on your radar. "

" Minju unnie? Why? " 

" She basically implied said when we had brunch earlier that she has a crush on Yujin. " 

There was dead air on Wonyoung's line. Yuri checked her phone if the younger girl has already hanged up on her, but it turns out Wonyoung was so dumbfounded by the information that she stopped functioning. 

Yena's car pulled up on Yuri's house. Yuri approached the truck to get inside, but Wonyoung's ear-piercing scream stopped her. 

" Are you out of your mind?! Why would you scream over the phone, Wonyoung?! I don't have you on speaker, ! " 

" MINJU UNNIE LIKES YUJIN?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! " 

Yena got out of the car because Yuri was taking too long outside. She saw Yuri looking so irritated while talking to someone on the phone. 

" As a heart attack. Minju kind of implied that she has a crush on your stupid dog! " Yuri shouted on the phone. " Why are you even surprised? " 

Yena was lost about what Yuri was talking about. Why would someone have a crush on a dog? 

" Of course, I am! " 

Yuri rolled her eyes. Arguing with Wonyoung is like inviting Kanye West on a radio show. Winning over her is impossible. " Come on, what is it to you? Do you have a crush on Yujin or something? " 

" No. Yujin is my best friend. " 

Yuri gaped at Wonyoung's fast response. There was no hint of hesitation when she replied. " Listen, I'll try and watch her just like you told me, but I won't get in between her business with other people unless I have to. You got that, Wonyoung? " 

" Okay. " 

" Yena unnie is here. I have to go. "

" Okay, you girls, go have fun. Tell that to others too. And watch Yujin for me, okay? Tell me everything that happe- " 

Yuri ended the call and hugged Yena first. Her ears were still ringing from earlier. 

" So you told, Wonyoung, huh? " Yena said as she flattened out Yuri's hair.

" I kinda wished I didn't. " Yuri replied. " What's the deal with Yujin and Wonyoung, anyway? " 

" Yujin likes Wonyoung. She kinda confessed to her too. " 

" Oh. "

Everything finally made sense. Yuri was guilty. She felt like she caused another drama between the three of her friends. 

 

xxx

Felix's house party was insane. His house was big, and everyone who's cool enough to be there was recognized by Chaewon and the others. Everyone applauded when Yves threw both Jinsoul and Kim Lip on the pool while her girlfriend, Chuu canon balled to the pool. Chang bin and Felix were doing body shots with Lucas and WinWin while Eunbi and Hyewon were making out near the pool. 

Chaewon had to avert her eyes from her two older friends who's basically eating each other's faces out. She went back inside the house and bumped into her schoolmates like Yeji and Lia. The two sophomores looked buzz as hell but still tries to make conversation with Chaewon. After three minutes of trying to understand what the heck Yeji was talking about, Chaewon finally excused herself and joined her other friends in the living room. Minju was leaning her head on Yujin, who was talking animatedly beside Yena. Chaewon was going to take a spot on the couch next to Yena, but Yuri already sat next to the duck before she could. 

She just opted to sit next to Minju, who greeted her with a big hug. " Is she already drunk? " Chaewon asked Yujin. 

" Yeah. " Yujin sneakily took the canned beer from Minju's hand and drank it instead. " Drunk Minju is a riot! Anyway, she kept clinging to me like a baby, maybe because she mistook me for you? " 

Chaewon let Minju rest her head on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter