chapter 2: the green feeling

Party, Kisses, and Late Night Rendezvous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sundays are reserved for brunch. Yena and Yuri are having chicken and waffles at their favorite restaurant. The two of them are having a swell time together. It's one of the rare times when Yuri and Yena act civil each other. But all good things must come to an end. Their brunch is officially ruined because of a certain someone. 

Yuri dropped her fork and pulled Yena's arm to whisper something to her ear. " What is she doing here? " 

Yena eyed the girl with a stupid grin on her pretty face. " I don't know. Should we ask her to leave? She's killing my appetite. "

" I'll take care of it. " Yuri said as she places a hand on Yena's thigh. She cleared to get the girl's attention that is sitting in front of them. " Minju. " 

" Look, she sent me her baby pictures! Yujin looks so adorable! " 

The latter rolled her eyes. " Minju, I'm talking to you. What are you, deaf? " 

Yena had to watch and nod to Minju, who is fawning over the photos in her phone like a young mother trying to justify her child's cuteness to her friends. Minju is an affectionate person. She always compliments everybody for the simplest things and could pull out a list from her pocket why every single living creature on the planet is precious. According to Hitomi, she saw Minju once surrounded by the holy light while the two were having a picnic. Yena thinks that it's just the natural light, but hey, she was not there to witness it. Hitomi was probably telling the truth. 

The Kim Minju that they are with right now is different. This is the version of Kim Minju who is head over heels for someone. 

" Give me that. " Yuri took Minju's phone and read through Minju and Yujin's texts to each other. There's nothing suspicious about their conversation, but it did look like two of them were acting like middle schoolers subtly flirting with each other. " Are you guys dating or something? " Yuri asked as she squints her eyes to intimidate Minju. 

Minju laughed, dismissing Yuri's assumption. " No way! Why would you even say that? " 

The duck sipped on her orange juice. " Your face says otherwise. " 

" Yeah, wipe off that grin on your face. " Yuri returned Minju's phone. The weight of Yuri and Yena's stare made Minju took her first bite on her croissant that already turned cold.

 " Aren't you and Chaewon unnie a thing before? " 

Yuri's questions will halt the 17-year-old Minju's life 

Minju started coughing violently with the mention of Chaewon's name. It was a bit awkward topic for her. She knows that Chaewon liked Yena. It's the reason why it didn't work out for them. Knowing Chaewon, the girl probably doesn't even know that she likes Yena yet. Every realization comes late to Chaewon, after all. 

" It is true that I have a crush on her before... " Minju replied. " But you know Chaewon unnie. She's... " 

Yuri nodded. She understands what Minju was trying to say. Chaewon is a fantastic person overall, there's no doubt about that, but her denseness rivals main characters in harem animes. Chaewon could be married to somebody, and she still would be clueless about her feelings for the other person. 

When Minju thought Yuri would finally let her off the hook, here goes another question that will catch her off guard. " So what's the score between you and Yujin? You guys are getting along well these past few days. " 

Minju started playing with her hair, looking down at her lap. " Well... I think she's cute. I mean, she has always been cute, but it's different this time..." 

" Ha. " Yena guffawed. " I wouldn't let that puppy face fool you, Minju. Yujin is sixteen. She's in her peak hornin- " A plastic bag flew and landed on Yena's face as if the world is trying to protect Yujin's image. 

" Come on! " Yena whined. Yuri chuckled beside her and got rid of the garbage. 

" You're so silly, Yena unnie. " Yuri giggled and pinched Yena's cheek. 

" Finally," the girl could finally breathe, but she can't handle seeing Yena and Yuri obsessing with each other when she's single as right now. Oh, how Minju wished she has someone to be cute with. She can feel that she will drink to her misery being single at the party later. 

xxx

Yujin sneezed and completely missed the ball that Jihoon sent to her side of the court. " Someone is talking about me. I hope it's about how I am the coolest person in the world. " 

" I doubt it. " Sungchan said. He took orange sodas he brought and gave them to Yujin and Jihoon. 

Sungchan invited Yujin and Jihoon to play volleyball at the beach. He texted them at exactly 8 in the morning and picked them up in their house after. Their relationship as seatmates leveled up to best buddies. 

The school branded the three of them as NININI. They were famous for their good looks and being friends with cool people. Still, unbeknownst to others, Sungchang, Yujin, and Jihoon are just your average teenagers who likes to talk about the dumbest things and worry about romance. 

They sat on the sand and drank their beverage.

" So, what occurred to you and decided that kidnapping Jang Wonyoung is a good idea. " Sungchan asked. As an avid Wonyoung fan, he was one of those people who panicked when their school mascot abducted the It girl of their school in the middle of announcing the winners of the Spring Fling event. It was then revealed that Yujin was the person inside the rabid dog costume all along. 

Yujin got a suspension for one week, much to her parent's dismay, but when Yujin returned to school, she was applauded by her fellow students for pulling such a crazy stunt in front of everybody. 

Hence, the reason why Yujin is convinced that she is the coolest kid in her entire school. 

" I thought Hyunjin would ask out Wonyoung in front of everybody, so I interfered, naturally. " Yujin replied, burying her toes in the sand. 

" Why would you do that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter