Twelve

Why not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Daebak! They’re really professionals,” Somin said. She was huddled in a corner with Kwangsoo, Sechan, and Donghoon, staring at Jongkook and Jihyo who were the image of composure as they helped Seokjin, Jaeseok, and Bopil send off the guests. They had just finished filming the first episode of their Jeju special, and everyone was packing up.

“How was Jihyo when you talked to her yesterday?” Donghoon nudged Kwangsoo.

Kwangsoo stared back at him, then at Somin and Sechan, obviously uncomfortable sharing what he felt was extremely private information. He was protective of his Noona, and Donghoon caught on quickly.

“Okay arasseo, I won’t push it,” Donghoon said. “I just wish they’d get their heads together. I’m not worried about the show. They managed to still do their job well, and we’re the only ones who noticed it anyway. But it’s obvious they’re not okay.”

Somin sulked at Donghoon’s statement, feeling immensely downhearted at what happened. She also noticed the difference between them when she entered the airport lounge that morning, and had even checked in with her Jaeseok-oppa. Jaeseok merely said, “I notice it too Somin-ah. But they’ll figure it out.”

Jongkook noticed them pooled together, prompting Sechan to fake a cough as a signal to everyone else. The others understood quickly, and immediately disbanded, supposedly moving on to different tasks. Somin went on to talk to some writers, and Sechan approached the audio team to remove his microphone. Jongkook felt a smirk coming up his face, but he turned back to the conversation they were having with the guests.

Donghoon stuck with Kwangsoo though, and proceeded to question him, “Now that Somin and Sechan are gone, do you mind telling me what you know?”

Kwangsoo audibly sighed, “Ah, hyeong, it’s not my secret to tell. Noona told me in confidence.”

“Okay fine. So we won’t share details. But can you at least assure me Jihyo’s okay?” Donghoon asked out of concern.

Kwangsoo flinched a bit, and he decided at that moment that he also needed to unload off what he knew. Donghoon likely discovered the story from Jongkook anyway. It would be just like corroborating the story. But more importantly, he was at wits’ end on how to help the couple. Maybe Donghoon could think of something.

“I can’t take it anymore, Donghoon-hyeong. I’ve been waiting for them to get together, and I can’t believe those two just ended up fighting like this. So fine, I’m telling you what I know, but you have to promise it’s just between us,” Kwangsoo finally gave in.

“Yah, Kwangsoo-yah. Do I look like a blabbermouth? I may tease Hyeong onscreen, but you know I know my limits,” Donghoon feigned offense. “No, but seriously, what did you find out from Jihyo? I talked to Hyeong after I made you and Sechan leave last Sunday.”

“So you already know what the fight is about then? Noona really felt bad, and, jinjja, she’s not okay. I’m just relieved she didn’t drink herself to oblivion, but she’s really lost some life. I called her and asked her to come have dinner with me, and, Hyeong, you should have seen how sad she looked,” Kwangsoo said, recalling Jihyo’s horrible attempts at looking nonchalant.

Donghoon whined, “Aish, uri Hyeong… why does he always have to see everything in black and white? Marriage is more than just a matter of love. What did Jihyo say?”

“Well, she was saying she needed to make the tough decision for both of them, because it would be unfair for Hyeong if they were to carry on with their relationship. Something about Hyeong not having time to wait. It honestly was a bit of a blur, Donghoon-hyeong. I could only pick out parts of the story because it seemed like Noona had made a decision about things already. She didn’t really tell me everything.”

Donghoon had a pretty good idea where Jihyo’s thought was headed, and he didn’t like it. So, to spare Kwangsoo the confusion, he proceeded to tell him what he knew, interspersing the details Kwangsoo mentioned from his conversation with Jihyo. From both accounts, they could come up with quite a precise story of what really happened. When he was done, Kwangsoo asked, “So what did you tell Jongkook-hyeong?”

“Of course, I told him to talk to her. He was obviously getting ahead of himself, wanting to hit homebase when they’ve barely even started the game. Jihyo may be perfect for him, but marriage is much more complicated than how he sees it. I just hope he’s not too late,” Donghoon was exasperated. 

“Too late?” Kwangsoo clarified.

Donghoon explained, “Well, Jihyo seems to have made up her mind about things, which quite frankly is stupid. I know she just wants to take care of people, but she can’t go around trying to make decisions for people either. The two of them have to figure this out together.”

Kwangsoo took it all in, processing the wisdom behind Donghoon’s words. But that was when the worry kicked in, “But they’re incredibly stubborn people. I also told Noona she should probably talk to Hyeong before making any harsh decisions, but she just shrugged me off.”

“Take it this way, Kwangsoo,” Donghoon clasped his shoulder. “If Sunbin were to even consider br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter