I. The Angel from Arts.

Love and College.

Ashes of cigarette scatter on the floor under Byul’s boots. It’s been a year since the break-up, She hadn’t achieved anything so far in her life. It was just mostly drinking and smoking. Was it her fault for being dependent? Yes it was. She believed that she herself caused her this much pain. After all, She went for a rather prolonging toxic relationship. An intensely loud music and shots of tequila, It wasn’t even enough to heal her broken heart. She thought a year without Joohyun would change everything but rather it became worse. A number of missed phone calls, Drunk texts and voice messages. Nothing, Absolutely no responses. In the morning, She wakes up looking dreadfully awful. Driving her way to college slightly hung-over. She parks her motorcycle and went inside the campus. Her friends come flocking towards her, Telling her about the new girl in school. It was the start of second semester, Transferees are most likely to appear. She wasn’t interested though, Dissociated and distant from everyone. Her presence in class cannot be felt, Even some professors are starting to worry. She lost her colors and her will to live, Only because of one girl.

“Hi, I’m sorry for disturbing you but I think I left my glasses here.”

Now whose girl voice was that interrupting her alone time? None other than the new girl. Byul glanced feeling extremely annoyed. Who knew a glance could take about a minute or two when a pretty innocent looking girl suddenly appears when you’re losing hope? That’s what she thought.

“Yes…..no! No you weren’t interrupting anything. I didn’t look around thought but let me help you if it’s okay.”

The new girl gave her a small nod. She and the latter start to look around every table in the cafeteria, Which at the corner side where she found the latter’s glasses and gave it to her.

“Thank you, You’re such a nice person. I can’t see if I lose this, Thank you so so much.”

Just when an instinct comes in Byul’s mind, She extended a hand towards the latter and smiles at her.

“I’m Byul, Moon Byulyi. Criminal Justice department.”

The new girl smiles back wider, Her dimples on both sides of her cheek shows.

“Jung Wheein of Arts Department.” 

They both return the handshakes.

Since that day, Byul became a lot brighter than before. A sign of moving on? Maybe. The next day, She wakes up in a good mood. She turns up the speakers and hit on play AKMU’s 200. She fixes herself, Her hair done prettily and her clothes styled chic. She drives to the university, Parks her motorcycle and starts her day. Her friends flock around her as usual, Though casually slow this time.

“You look different today, Something good happened? Got back together with the ex?” One of her friends ask.

She gives them a smirk and asks a question back.

“The new girl?”

Her friends nod in confusion.

“She’s pretty.”

Byul pats one of them on the shoulder and walks her way to class. It was very surprising to see her looking very well and better off. The priceless look on the whole class faces says it all, Even her presence in class became much felt. It was like a sudden wave has hit her and made her stand back up on her feet and Jung Wheein from Arts department was that wave. In the elevator she taps on the 5th floor, The floor where the Arts department are. She puts her hands in her pocket in nervousness and searches every room for a face of a Jung Wheein around yet, She couldn’t find her. She stopped by one door which says, ‘Art Room’. She glances at the semi closed blinds covering the window, Her face lights up and slowly opens the door. She comes in, Silently approaching the painting girl from behind.

“You’re so good at this.”

She said.

The painting girl looks back, A smile on her face.

“How did you find me?”

Byul chuckles at her question.

“Jung Wheein from Arts department right?”

Wheein nods in approval.

“Good search Moon Byulyi from Criminal Justice department, You’d make a great detective.”

Byul smiles and grabs a vacant chair, Sitting herself beside the latter.

“Seriously, You’re so good.”

She compliments the latter sincerely.

“Thanks. What are you doing here anyway? Why did you come?”

Honestly, She just wanted to see her but the only way she gets to see her often is to get close to her and that is where Byul was going. She wanted to get close to Wheein, To hang-out with her and take her to places special to her. She clears and fixes her eyes to the latter’s painting.

“Don’t you want friends? You’re still new here. You might need one, I’ve been into this university since high-school.”

Wheein’s face lights up.

“Really? Sure! I do have one friend here. She’s been bestfriends with me for so long now and she actually gave me good reasons to transfer.”

“ A good bestfriend she is, I suppose.”

The room goes silent for a couple of moments. They both focus on the painting, Well the latter was but Byul seems to have her focus on the painter. What sight of beauty Wheein is to her, If it wasn’t creepy enough she would have took pictures of her at the moment. She is too beautiful, Artistic and pure.

“You know, Lunch time is about a minute away. Why don’ we have lunch together?”

She suggests.

“Sure but I gotta text my bestfriend first. She might look for me if I don’t, You can wait right?”

She nods at the latter’s request. It might look like she’s calm on the outside but she was jumping and screaming inside. The excitement thinking of having lunch with Wheein, What more if it was a dinner or a date? Still, She has to take it slow and wait for the biggest chances to come to confess her attraction.

“Let’s go?” The latter asks away in which Byul instantly responds. The two go for lunch.