Confession.

Love and College.

Days and more days passed, Distance was rather pulling apart the friendship between Wheein and Byul. Of course it worried and bothered them, The other one didn’t know why and the other one exactly knew why. In a span of months, They grew closer and an unexplainable feeling comes in the way of their friendship. Confusion filled Wheein’s thoughts about Byul and chose to rather stay away for a bit to pull herself together and find out herself if it was real or just a tale made up in her mind since she haven’t had a lot friends and nice people around her aside from her bestfriend. The only problem is that, Wheein exactly knows that spending time and being around with Byul just makes her day a lot better than it usually is and she hopes that one of these days, Her days will feel content and great with her alone but no. It never happened, She felt the urge to speak to Byul. Her mind and her emotions were battling each other whether what to decide, She stopped under the elm tree in deep thought.

Just when she thought she was finally alone and in peace, Two feet showed up. She stared at the familiar pair of shoes. She finally stood up and couldn’t believe her eyes. The person she wanted to avoid again found her in a place where she’s in deep thought of whether to speak or not to speak. There was a nervous but endearing smile on her face.

“Long time no hang out…”

“Yeah…What are you doing here?” She asked, Trying to keep composure.

“I was looking for you, Busy? It’s been uh a week, We haven’t seen each other much.”

“Well…uh..Yeah! I’m very busy, I was very busy yes.”

“I missed you.” There it was, The smile. The damned charming smile, She cannot refuse.

With just that one phrase from Byul immediately had her caught up.

“I missed you too.”

“Do you have classes?” Byul asked.

“In an hour today I have English.”

“Why don’t we go somewhere? I’ll show you something.”

“Hey wait-“ Before she could answer, The latter pulled her out and started running along.

“Are you sure this is allowed?” She spoke in a stern tone.

The latter on the other hand, Sat on the high wall covering the whole campus. While she knew this was wrong, Byul kept insisting to climb and that she would help her up.

“C’mon it’ll be fun. You won’t regret this.”

“Couldn’t we just take the gate? Why are we even doing this?” Wheein spoke in the middle of struggle, Climbing up the high wall.

“For the thrill? I’ll be showing you something you’ll never forget.”

“Yeah as if me climbing up the campus’ barricade wall isn’t enough thrill.”

It was her first time to go over a school barricade wall and taking off her name tag and ID card outside the campus while it was classes period. She wasn’t sure where Byul was taking them, It seemed far and they had to take a bus to go to that ‘special’ place. When they were finally there, She just realized the ‘special place’ was actually a beautiful garden around Han River. Wheein bursted out in a laugh.

“This is it? This is your special place? Please I’ve been here many times already.”

Byul scoffed.

“Well, For me it is. I’ve been here too many times so we’re even.”

They laughed together and sat on the grass admiring the view of the river from afar. Bracing breezes as fresh air surrounded them, The sunny aspect as well giving compliment to the scenery infront of their eyes.

“You’re actually the first person I brought here.”

“Why?” Wheein asked.

“It’s my special place, When I get sad and feel depressed. I go here.”

“But I’m not sad.” Wheein responded with a light chuckle.

“I know.”

“So why me then?”

“Because i like you.”

Wheein’s cheeks felt hot and gazed intensely towards Byul. It was so sudden, Real sudden. She couldn’t digest it at first and finally it sunk in her.

“Before you ask, The roses I gave you two weeks ago. I bought it personally, No guy would give one to me ever. Why would they give one to someone who doesn’t like men?” Byul laughed.

Wheein smiled, A feeling of relief as she knew she was wrong all this time about the valentine’s day roses.

“Too bad, I threw it in the trashcan.”

“What?”

“Don’t worry, I took it back.”

“That’s gross.”

They laugh one more time. Silence once again, Awkwardness felt in this encounter. While Wheein was trying to process everything in her mind, Byul was going to shoot her shot. The latter’s hands sneakily held the other’s hand. Wheein whose in deep thought was distracted by the sudden movement and warmth felt on her hand.

Despite of that giddy feeling hand holding moment, Wheein suddenly chose to back away. Her thoughts crumbling up and her actions seem to cannot take the confusion anymore.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Wheein-ah….” Byul once again tried to reach.

“No! Did you know why I was avoiding you? Because of this! This…This stupid feeling I get when you’re around.”

Byul couldn’t speak. Instead, She let Wheein be until the latter cools down.

“I’m supposed to be studying and in class right now! It’s 2:30 in the afternoon I am so late but here I am talking and doing whatever we were doing! This isn’t right!”

“I like you, Wheein. I like you, okay? I like you so much. If you feel the same way about me that’s okay, It’s okay. It’s normal, We’re both girls but it’s normal….”

Byul’s grip finally reaches and holds Wheein in a tight hug.

“It’s normal I swear….”

Wheein finally calms down in Byul’s warmth, Eyes closed inhaling the latter’s scent.

“I’m not sure….but I do like it when you’re here but I get jealous when you’re not…” She confessed.

“Why would you be? I’m not involved with other girls, I only got eyes for you.”

Wheein looked up.

“Really?”

“Really.”

Without warning, Wheein tiptoed to peck Byul’s lips.

“Jung Wheein!”

She gasped, Embarrassed at the sudden action.

“You’re brave huh?”

Byul got back with a peck on Wheein’s lips.

“Hey!”

“What?”

Their eyes staring deeply at each other, Byul’s arms wrapped around Wheein’s petite figure. Butterflies flock in their stomachs as their lips touched once again. This time, A peck wasn’t enough to say the words they couldn’t say.  A sweet kiss under the sunny skies they share.