isn't this why you came?

girls like girls (like boys do, nothing new)

Seungwan is disappointed. If she thought the situation was bad, Sooyoung’s clear avoidance of the topic makes her worried about the state of their friendship.

“Seungwan,” Sooyoung slurs a little as she pokes the other girl’s shoulder, “Are you mad?”

Seungwan can’t help but let out a little giggle, the question so silly and innocent it might make her angry, “Mad, me?”

“You’re right,” It’s Sooyoung’s turn to giggle, “You’ve never been angry for as long as I’ve known you, if we’re honest.”

The silence that follows is nearly deafening, and Seungwan would give anything to know what Sooyoung is thinking, or if their friendship is on the line. Usually, she’d chalk it up to overthinking but this time, this isn’t the case- something has shifted. They had kissed, and that was undeniable- although Seungwan did have to pinch herself a few times to make sure this wasn’t some kind of fever dream- but it had all gone sideways after Sooyoung had called it a ‘mistake’. For Seungwan, it was far from a mistake, it was something she’d dreamed of many times, more than she could count had she fallen asleep dreaming of the other girl.

Seungwan shook her head, trying to rid herself of those thoughts. If Sooyooung thinks of it as a drunken mistake, she’ll accept it and move on.

Except, she doesn’t know, and that’s the problem.

Although, she’ll admit she’s impressed by her ability to overthink even when she’s drunk.

“Sooyoung,” she blurts out without thinking, causing the other girl to look at her, “Do you really think our kiss was a mistake?” She says.

Sooyoung looks taken aback. Her shoulders tense up, her entire body becoming stiff. Seungwan immediately regrets asking.

“Seungwannie,” Sooyoung begins, “You know I love you, right?”

Seungwan nods, looking at down at her feet. They’re still on the bathroom floor, sitting with their legs crossed, facing each other, but have been avoiding each other’s gaze since the kiss.

Seungwan looks at the wall beside her, “And I would never hurt you. It’s just, I’m in a weird place right now-”

“I get it,” Seungwan cuts her off before she can finish her sentence, “You’re just not in the mood for a relationship.”

“It’s not that I’m not in the mood,” Sooyoung pleads, “It’s more complicated than that,” she says, directly looking at the other girl in her eye for the first time in hours, “I’’ve got Hyoseob, and, I’m not even sure I like women, everything’s so… Ah... “ She says, grabbing a handful of her hair, “I don’t know anymore.”