always gonna steal your thunder, watch me like a dark cloud

girls like girls (like boys do, nothing new)

Sooyoung has no idea what she’s doing with herself.

 

If she’s always been the confident one, she’ll admit that this situation leaves her nothing short of speechless.

 

Her mind is swirling with different emotions, the brain fog she’s feeling only lifting after a few seconds.

 

“You kissed me,” She says, struggling to catch her breath. Seungwan only looks away at the comment, as if she’s avoiding looking at Sooyoung.

 

“Actually,” she speaks out, her voice shaky, “You’re the one who kissed me,” she points out.

 

It’s Sooyoung’s turn to look away. She clears , unsure of what to answer. The other girl has a point after all; Sooyoung did close the gaps between their two pair of lips. 

 

“It’s the vodka,” she tries, but Seungwan’s raised brow gives away the fact that she is not convinced, “What? People do all sorts of stupid things under the influence, it doesn’t have to mean anything,” she says, and she regrets it immediately when Seungwan’s face falls.

 

“B-but,” she tries and fails at correcting herself, “That doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy doing them!” she grabs Seungwan’s arm, “Come on. Let’s drink some more,” she slurs a little, hoping to bring down the tension from their kiss, “Drinking’s always fun.”

 

Seungwan rolls her eyes at that, “You can barely get up, Sooyoungie,” and Sooyoung sighs in relief because if Seungwan used her nickname, the hurt she’s feeling must not be that bad. Although Sooyoung feels selfish for being thankful, she can’t help but feel scared for their bond; maybe she messed up for real this time and Seungwan won’t talk to her anymore- the stakes are too high, and Sooyoung just can’t afford to lose. She’d be losing one of her most precious friendships- or relationships, whatever the hell what they had is. 

 

“Yes I can,” she smiles at the other girl, before attempting to get on her feet and only falling on her . She giggles, “Okay, maybe not,” she says, “But come on! Life’s short, let’s party,” she says, nudging Seungwan in the shoulder, “Wink wink nudge nudge,” she says, as she does so.

 

“Fine,” Seungwan says, pouring them another glass of vodka, “But don’t say I didn’t tell you so when you’ll be puking your guts out in the morning.”

 

Sooyoung grins, gladly accepting the cup Seungwan’s handing her. Her mind is already fuzzy and probably working against her best interest, but she does not care. The ethanol burns on its way down, but she doesn’t let it show- except for a slight wince at the thought of losing Seungwan forever.