got you fussing, got you worried, scared to let your guard down

girls like girls (like boys do, nothing new)

 

 

It becomes near impossible for Sooyoung to ignore it.

 

As Sooyoung applies lip gloss to Seungwan, it becomes infinitely harder for her to ignore her pounding heart and her clammy hands. She tries very hard not to think about the curve of the other girl’s lips, or the way her pink lips contrast her skins. She focuses on the lip gloss, desperately trying not to shake as the other girl looks at her in the eye. 

 

“So,” Sooyoung says, trying to distract herself from her own thoughts, “I say we get drunk tonight while Joohyun is gone,” causing Seungwan to nod enthusiastically. This causes the lipstick applicator to make contact with her cheek, and Soouyoung wipes the pink lip gloss from her face.

 

She blushes even harder than she already was, her heartbeat getting faster as well. Her already throbbing heart threatens to burst out, and she has just enough self-control to look away before it becomes unbearable.

 

“Sooyoung? Are you okay?” Seungwan asks. She’s oh-so-caring, and Sooyoung can’t help but bitterly laugh at the situation.

 

“Yeah, I just,” she sighs, desperately trying to get her own heart rate to go down, “Let’s get drunk now.”

 

“I mean, it’s fine by me,” Seungwan raises an eyebrow, her eyes glimmering. Sooyoung can’t help but marvel at the other girl’s beauty.

 

Sooyoung leaves the room and comes back with a bottle of vodka, along with a bottle of lemonade and two glasses, “What about a little mix?” She says, pouring a drink for herself and one for Seungwan.

 

“Sure,” Seungwan grabs the glass from Sooyoung’s hand, and their fingers brush for a millisecond- it doesn’t last long, but her touch lingers on Sooyoung’s finger. Once again, her heart rate grows erratic, and she becomes a jumbled mess of emotions.

 

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Seungwan asks, her voice dripping with worry.

 

“Yes,” Sooyoung lies, “Everything is fine.”