Chapter V

dahyun & mina: the migration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“a letter of resignation?” mina tossed the envelope onto the bed.

 

dahyun looked at her.  about to speak when-

 

“and don’t you ing dare talk about your stupid future!” mina’s voice raised.

 

“maybe you shouldn’t yell-“ myung-soo stood up.

 

“you... you aren’t dying!  kim dahyun do you hear me?  no- myoui dahyun!  you are not dying!  you’re alive!  you’re on the earth so why throw everything on something that’s not going to happen!” mina felt her eyes tear up.  “this is your dream!  all you’ve ever talked about, what would your father think of this?”

 

dahyun sat up.  “don’t you dare speak of my father.” mina hit a nerve.

 

mina stepped back, sighing.  she knew she hit a nerve.

 

“i-i’m sorry, dahyun, i didn’t-“

 

“no i think you did.” dahyun whispered.

 

mina and dahyun had been fighting a lot lately.  dahyun once tried to sign a DNR, but mina did one thing she would never do... took off her ring.

 

dahyun and mina made this stupid contract when they were just dating.  they were super drunk.  they called it “i’m throwing the ring.”  they promised to get married and it was basically like throwing in the towel but the opposite.  instead of quitting, it was like a “i’m taking my ring off, you’ve pissed me off to a high level.”

 

once she took it off, she set it on the table in front of dahyun, on the DNR papers.

 

then said “you sign that DNR, i leave.  i didn’t marry a quitter.”

 

[...]

 

once the next morning came, dahyun woke up to take her meds.  she saw a figure to the left.  mina was curled up in one of the hospital chairs, definitely not the best for your back.

 

“she came back around lunch which these.” the nurse spoke, pointing to a vase of flowers on the drawer next to her.

 

“she used to do that a lot.  i would get angry at her or she would get angry at me... but she would always come back with 5 flowers.” dahyun spoke with a smile.

 

“why five?” the nurse asked.

 

“it took her 5 seconds to fall in love with me.” dahyun sighed.

 

“well, that’s sweet.”

 

“she is that way...”

 

[...]

 

“so you’re saying, she could be going home soon?” mina asked the doctor.

 

“yes.  we of course found the mass small enough to do surgery on, so once we get everything ready, we can do surgery on your wife and get her better than ever.” the doctor nodded.  mina was so happy she hugged the doctor.  she stepped away and bowed before running into dahyun’s room.  she was walking out of the bathroom.

 

“hey, so i’m guessing you heard the news.” dahyun smiled and mina nodded.

 

“yep!” mina walked over and took dahyun’s hands into her own.  she placed her hands onto dahyun’s cheeks, pulling her close for a kiss.  the kiss was meant to be short and sweet, but once mina began getting light headed from the basically make out session they just had, she pulled away.

 

“and once you’re healed i will make sure to get rid of your ual frustration i was just feeling.” mina chuckled, pecking dahyun’s lip.

 

“i am going to go check on your family who, i hope, hasn’t destroyed our house, and then i’ll be back to see you into surgery.” mina grabbed her phone and wallet.

 

“i love you!” mina waved before leaving the room.

 

mina went a checked on the 8 people staking out in their house.  it was surprisingly clean.  she updated them on everything and they all left for the hospital.

 

mina went to a cafe and had a lunch with sana and momo.

 

“i’m excited for it.  we can finally be home and safe.  dahyun also said she has ideas for songs and she wants to get on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter