Chapter IV

dahyun & mina: the migration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘After rumors spiked about JYPE Singer Kim Dahyun being in a relationship, she released a japanese album called “M.M.” with title song being “A woman dressed in white.”  About how Dahyun did in fact marry woman, but JYPE Official still hadn’t spoken on the news.’

 

dahyun turned the tv off.  sighing.

 

“i am not saying anything until you’re well.” jihyo spoke after the silence.

 

“i don’t care, i want people to know about it!” dahyun looked at jihyo.

 

“and what?  get death threats about it?  make it MORE of your life?” jihyo stood up.

 

dahyun struggled but also stood up, “i’m already dying, might as well tell everyone now!”

 

“you’re not dying!”

 

“i am!”

 

silence was heard through the house.

 

“i want... if i do die, i want mina to have some memory of me.  i want korea to remember me as a writer and not a disappointment.” dahyun sat down.

 

“i’m...”

 

“get out of my house,” dahyun whispered.

 

“what?”

 

“get out!” dahyun yelled.  jihyo clenched her jaw before she bowed and left the house.

 

leaving dahyun to think.

 

[...]

 

mina slept with her arms wrapped around dahyun tightly.  she didn’t want dahyun to leave at all.  she would get scolded by dahyun in the morning because the girl had to per but couldn’t get away from mina’s grip.

 

but one night was different.  dahyun was facing towards mina with her hands at mina’s chest.

 

mina had woken up to not feeling any movement from dahyun.  she immediately woke up, looking at dahyun.  she whispered her name a bit before laying dahyun on her back and turning on a lamp.

 

“dahyun.” she had fear in her eyes.  she leaned her ear to dahyun’s chest.  she practically heard dahyun take her last intake of breath.

 

a scream was heard.

 

momo booked it up from the couch to upstairs, getting the attention of the other 4 in the room.  momo opened the door to mina and dahyuns room.

 

“i-i, she isn’t breathing, there no, breathing, breath...” mina had tears flowing from her eyes.  momo grabbed mina, pulling her away from dahyun as they heard ambulance sirens.

 

“mina breath,” momo whispered, holding mina as the paramedics took dahyun.

 

 

mina gasped as she shot up.  she was in a chair in a hospital room.  she was laying her head on the bed.  she must’ve fallen asleep.  she looked at the bed and... it was empty.

 

“dahyun-“

 

“i’m right here.” a voice called as dahyun walked out of the bathroom.

 

mina got up and ran to dahyun hugging her.  she moved away just to place her ear on dahyuns chest.  hearing her heart beat and stuttered breathing.  normal.

 

mina sighed and leaned her forehead against dahyun’s chest.

 

dahyun sighed and wrapped her arms around mina.

 

“i’m not going anywhere, mina.” dahyun whispered.

 

[...]

 

“one more dahyun, come on,” nurse fae cheered.

 

they were trying to get dahyun to be more active.  she had lost so much weight and muscle, so they were trying to build her back up.

 

dahyun was learning to get some mobility back in her legs.

 

she took one more step before she collapsed.  the nurse ran over, helping her sit up and give her water.

 

mina never left the hospital, but ever since this morning with the flash back she had... she needed some fresh air.

 

mina stood outside.  she had the same black dress pants and black turtle neck as the last week they’ve been here.  she was wearing slippers and had her hair in a ponytail.

 

dahyun was in a wheelchair as she wheeled over to mina.  she spoke in a quiet voice, not to interrupt her.

 

“hey, lady, can i get your number?”

 

mina turned her head and smiled at the woman.

 

“how was pt?” mina also, wheeling dahyun around the small park near the hospital.

 

“it was good.  i can sort of walk...” 

 

“your fingers?”

 

dahyun got silent.

 

the pale, slim fingers tapped the piano keys... almost like it was all memory.  dahyun didn’t need to look at the keys, but she did.

 

her piano playing made an entire room fall silent.  made time stop.  made life stop.  

 

playing piano was her entire life.

 

“they’re okay.” dahyun looked at mina with a smile before turning back to face forward and her smile faded.

 

[...]

 

mina and dahyun made their way to the chemo room.  they had met these two guys who have been friends forever.  jeon jungkook and kim namjoon.  jungkook and dahyun had the same stage of cancer.  namjoon and mina both liked knitting.

 

there were of course many other people.  like shin yuna and shin ryujin.  they were sisters and yuna had leukemia.

 

and many others.

 

 namjoon, mina, and ryujin were pretty close.  they had to leave the room when the radiation and chemo began, so they all sat in the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter