Boyfriend (YangKun)

Rush: A Collection Of OneShots

"All I really want is to be your boyfriend." 

 

It was already the second semester of YangYang's freshman year of college and he was already having some boy troubles. See he and his friends Ten, Winwin, and Xiaojun started a dance crew at the beginning of the year and YangYang joined. It was just them four until Ten's friends Lucas, Hendery, and Kun joined. They called themselves Wayv. On the day the new recruits came in for practice YangYang locked eyes with the senior Kun and he was immediately arracted to him. The problem was that he was too scared to talk to the older male. He would get so nervous around Kun that he would stutter even just saying hi. Everything about Kun was attractive to the younger from his blue locks to his perfect skin. YangYang definitely stuck out like a sore thumb with black and blonde hair he had some dance skills but he wondered if they would be enough to impress the older. Wayv had their weekly dance rehearsals practicing for an upcoming competition. During practice YangYang happened to overhear a conversation between Xiaojun and Kun talking about how the older male wanted to meet that special someone. YangYang thought this might be his chance but he couldn't even talk to Kun yet alone admit he wanted to date him. At the end of practice Ten the team leader had an announcement. "Hey everyone I just wanted you all to write your numbers down so I can text you individually about upcoming announcements." Ten passed around a sheet of paper where the team could write down their name and number. YangYang was the last one with the sheet and everyone else except Ten had already left. YangYang spotted something on the sheet which gave him an idea. "What if I text Kun anonymously and tell him how I feel that way." YangYang thought to himself staring at the paper in his hands. He glanced to see what Ten was doing before sneakily taking a picture of the list. After he wrote down his name and number he quickly left the room telling Ten goodbye first. He raced to his dorm room excited that he was finally gonna make a move on Kun. Xiaojun his roomate glanced over when YangYang came in. "Someone's excited. What's up Yang?" Xiaojun had a smug look on his face leaning back in his desk chair. "Nothing just about to make a move on my crush." YangYang smiled setting his stuff down on his bed. "Finally you're making a move on Kun." Xiaojun rolled his eyes tired of his roomate complain about his huge crush on the senior. "Shut up Xiaojun you know I can't talk to him." YangYang flopped down on his bed pulling out his phone. He typed in Kun's number and sent the first message. 

 

Unknown number: Hello is this Kun?

 

Kun: The one and only may I ask who this is?

 

Unknown: I'll reveal my identity later but for now just call me your secret admirer 😉

 

Kun: Ooh an admirer interesting okay I'll play your game, can I ask questions about you though? 

 

Unknown: As long as it's not too revealing about my identity go ahead I wanna get to know you better anyways

 

Kun: Alright I'll agree to those terms...first question do I know you?

 

Unknown: Not really as far as I know you don't even know I exist

 

Kun: Hm interesting what makes you interested in me then?

 

Unknown: Well your personality for one no matter what you take a leadership role and you take care of others no matter what and also I think you're attractive

 

Kun: Wow you're very observant if I've never talked to you then are you like a stalker? I hope not lol

 

Unknown: No no it's not like that we actually have a class together...well kinda

 

Kun: That narrows it down a bit I guess but how tall are you? Or is that question too revealing?

 

Unknown: No that's fine I'm 5'9

 

Kun: Oh interesting we're the same height okay one more question before I have to start studying...are you male or female?

 

Unknown: Aw you have to go already? How sad I was enjoying our little chat and also I'm a male don't worry

 

Kun: Oh good because I didn't want to disappoint you if you were a girl lol well we can talk tomorrow then I have to go

 

Unknown: I look forward to it handsome 😚

 

YangYang put down his phone smiling like an idiot. He can't believe how successful his first conversation with Kun went. "How'd it go Romeo?" Xiaojun looked up from his papers glancing over at his roomate. "Wonderful. Even his texting style is attractive." YangYang lied flat on his back staring up at the ceiling absolutely infatuated with the senior. "Ew that's so gay." Xiaojun scoffed in disgust. "Says the one with a boyfriend." YangYang sat up throwing a pillow at his roomate. 

 

The next day all YangYang could think about during class was texting Kun afterwards. "Hello earth to YangYang did you hear anything I just said?" One of his classmates Jeno was trying to get his attention while he was daydreaming. "No I'm sorry what was that?" YangYang snapped back to reality feeling embarrassed having no idea what Jeno said to him. "Ugh I said do you wanna be partners for this project?" Jeno sighed repeating himself. "Sure Jeno sure just meet at my dorm after class let's say 5?" YangYang wanted to make sure he had enough time to text Kun before having to work. "Works for me see you then." Jeno shrugged his shoulders before walking away. Just then the bell rang which meant the end of the day for YangYang. He raced to his dorm room throwing his stuff on the floor before sitting on his bed pulling out his phone. Luckily Xiaojun wasn't there to since he mostly had afternoon classes. 

 

Secret admirer 😍: Hey handsome are you out of class?

 

Kun: Well look who it is my secret admirer and yeah I didn't have any classes today actually

 

Secret admirer 😍: Aw sweet I just got out of class actually

 

Kun: Okay I wanna ask some more questions so without further ado what are your hobbies?

 

Secret admirer 😍:Well I really like to dance and well not to brag but I'm pretty good at basketball

 

Kun: That sounds fun I actually dance too do you know that small dance team Wayv?

 

Secret admirer 😍: Yeah I've heard of them they're really good I think they're the best in the school actually

 

Kun: Aw thanks I'm actually on that team with some other guys

 

Secret admirer 😍: Ooh tell me more about those guys

 

Kun: Well there's my friend Ten who organized the whole team so he's kinda like the leader he's also the best dancer out of all of us. Winwin who doesn't say too much but he is a hell of a dancer. YangYang who is an absolute cutie he's the youngest of us I don't know much about him though. My friend Lucas who's a total ladies man. My friend Hendery who's the dark and mysterious type. And Xiaojun who's a sarcastic mf I mean he's kinda becoming my best friend though I trust him with everything.

 

Secret admirer 😍: They sound fun it sounds like you guys are close

 

Kun: Yeah we kinda are although I don't talk to everyone in there you should totally join we could always use more members

 

Secret admirer 😍: No way I totally have stage fright

 

Kun: Aw that's cute maybe when you finally reveal your identity we can get together and dance just me and you

 

Secret admirer 😍: Lmao I wanna see your moves Kun 😜

 

Kun: By the way I hope you don't mind me asking but how did you get my number? I didn't give it out to anyone

 

Secret admirer 😍: Uhhhh Xiaojun

 

Kun: Damn he just gives my number out to anyone?

 

Secret admirer 😍: He did say you wanted to meet someone special I figured I would shoot my shot

 

Kun: Yeah that's true lmao he's a good friend I guess

 

Secret admirer 😍: Aw I have to go soon to work on a project any last questions?

 

Kun: Yeah just one more why don't you just talk to me?

 

Secret admirer 😍: Well I get nervous around you so nervous in fact that I stutter and that's super embarrassing

 

Kun: So you felt more comfortable with text ah I see

 

Secret admirer 😍: Yep exactly

 

Kun: That's kind of cute honestly

 

Secret admirer 😍: Well now I'm flustered thanks

 

Kun: Lol sorry sorry it's just my natural charm 😉

 

Secret admirer 😍: On that note I'm gonna head out 😳

 

Kun: Lol bye cutie talk to you later

 

Kun put his phone down on his desk feeling good about that conversation walking away for just moment to go to the bathroom. This whole secret admirer thing intrigued him. He never could've imagined himself having one. He had to think of some more questions to ask the mystery person later. Walking back into his room he could see his roomate Lucas standing there holding his phone. "Hey Lucas what are you looking at?" Kun walked closer trying to get the phone from Lucas's hands but he pulled the phone away from him. "Who's that secret admirer person you've been talking to Kun?" Lucas finally handed Kun back his phone. "Well I don't know who he is. He just started texting me yesterday. " Kun snatched his phone back from Lucas's hands. "Are you gonna date him?" Lucas sat down on Kun's bed putting his feet up. "First off that's my bed and second I don't know I might go on some dates with him once I meet him I gotta know if he's my type first. I don't fall so easily like you Lucas." Kun sat down next to Lucas pulling his phone back out. "Welp good luck man I hope you finally get a boyfriend." Lucas got up leaving to go to a date with his new girlfriend. 

 

YangYang and Kun continued texting back and forth for a couple months keeping the mystery alive but the curiosity was killing Kun he wanted to know who it was already. 

 

Kun: Why can't you tell me who you are already 😢

 

Secret admirer 😍: Next question please

 

Kun: I'm serious I'm dying to know who you are now that I've talked to you for so long

 

Secret admirer 😍: Just give me more time I promise I'll tell you soon

 

Kun: Fine 😔

 

Secret admirer 😍: Now onto the next question please?

 

Kun: Alright I have some hard ones for you

 

Secret admirer 😍: Hit me with your best shot

 

Kun: What's your ideal type?

 

Secret admirer 😍: Well I like a kind hearted person who takes care of me I like kind hearted people

 

Kun: Right that fits me perfectly

 

Secret admirer 😍: Exactly now what's your ideal type?

 

Kun: Well I like someone who works hard and studies but still knows how to have fun

 

Secret admirer 😍: Ah a good balance I think I fit that lol

 

Kun: I'll be the judge of that 🤔

 

Secret admirer 😍: Yes you will soon hopefully

 

YangYang puts down his phone for a moment to change clothes. He decided to head to work on his dance moves a little bit as there was another competition coming up. He grabbed his gym bag and headed out. "Bye Xiao I'm headed to go practice." YangYang told his roomate who was completely lost in his game before walking out the door. While walking he got another text from Kun. 

 

Kun: Okay next question what's your ideal date?

 

Secret admirer 😍: Being able to dance with you 😘

 

Kun: Cute mine definitely would be a nice dinner nothing too fancy though I just like a nice meal

 

Secret admirer 😍: What if I cook for you?

 

YangYang put his phone in his pocket and opened the doors to the studio. He set down his bag and plugged his phone into the speaker quickly responding to Kun before beginning his warm ups.

 

Kun: Omg I could marry you right now I love a man who cooks

 

Secret admirer 😍: My cooking will not let you down

 

YangYang began stretching before turning on the song that the team has been working on. Halfway into his first run through the door opened and Kun entered. YangYang was so startled he almost fell to the floor. "Oh woah I didn't mean to scare you YangYang I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone else would be in here." Kun set his bag down next to YangYang's as he walked in. "T-Thats okay Kun you're welcome to join me." YangYang wanted to slap himself for stuttering but Kun just smiled. Kun had his phone in his hands typing away a message for somebody. That's when YangYang's phone went off. The younger froze in fear realizing that Kun was texting him. "Aren't you gonna get that?" Kun kinda glanced over at YangYang getting suspicious. "Y-Yeah sure it's probably my mom." YangYang tried his best to lie before walking over and checking his phone while Kun stretched. 

 

Kun: Final question for the day are you younger or the same age as me?

 

YangYang stared at the message scared to message Kun back but he had to tell the senior his identity at some point. He took a deep breath in and typed out a message. 

 

Secret admirer 😍: Younger I hope that's okay

 

YangYang put his phone down walking back over near Kun waiting for the senior to get the message. "Is every-" Before Kun can finish his sentence his phone goes off. The pieces click in his head. It all made sense YangYang was younger than him, they were both the same height, and stuttered around him. "YangYang are you my secret admirer?" Kun steps closer to the younger male. "I-I thought you were only gonna ask one final question." YangYang stumbles back getting nervous as the senior gets closer. "It's been you this whole time? I didn't know you had a crush on me." Kun gasped being completely shocked that it was YangYang texting him this whole time. "S-Surprise" YangYang chuckled awkwardly not knowing what to do now. "You don't have to be nervous around me Yang it's okay." Kun put a hand on the younger male's shoulder to comfort him. "Is there some alternative motive for this YangYang? What do you really want?" Kun started second guessing since YangYang was roomates with Xiaojun. "Really Kun all I want to be is your boyfriend. That was my intention this entire time." YangYang bit his lip feeling a bit of comfort from the older's touch. "If that's what you want then how about a date? We'll see how this goes." Kun wanted to give the younger a chance after the younger seemed to have good intentions. "You're serious?" YangYang was shocked that the older even showed an ounce of interest in him now that his identity was revealed. "Of course I mean you were very charming over the phone. Now how about that dance?" Kun smiled warmly remembering YangYang's wishes to dance with him just the two of them. 

 

AN: Hey guys it's been awhile I know sorry for no updates but I'm back now and ready to write so leave me some ships down in the comments and as always thank you for reading <3