Til I Forget About You (Chanlix)

Rush: A Collection Of OneShots

"I swear I'll do everything that I have to til I forget about you." 


Felix and Chan seemed like the perfect couple.  The pair did everything together you never saw one without the other. Felix knew everything about Chan and Chan knew everything about Felix. They were approaching their two year anniversary in fact. Chan had to work late that night so Felix said he would wait for him. Felix was very understanding when it came to Chan's job. Working his dream job as a producer meant many late nights for Chan but Felix was always there waiting with a meal ready for Chan. Felix's job however was a song writer which he did from home so he was free most of the time. It was approaching midnight and Felix was cooking dinner for Chan hoping he would be home soon. Little did Felix know Chan was seeing one of his artists in secret for a couple months now, a soloist named Han Jisung who he produced for. Chan used to love Felix but it was becoming annoying being around him 24/7. The relationship with Han was flexible and Han gave him the space he needed since their relationship had to be a secret. That night was the night he was gonna end things with Felix. The problem was Chan knew Felix loved him so much. Felix was nothing without Chan but Chan couldn't keep acting like he still loved Felix. Chan thought of the easiest way he could breakup with Felix and that was over phone. Chan dialed Felix's cellphone number and sighs. "Channie are you on your way home? I made dinner for you for our anniversary." Felix picked up the phone on the first ring and starting gushing to Chan. "Yeah I am I'll be there soon." Chan sighs and hangs up because it didn't feel right. He needed to tell Felix in person. Felix was a bit hurt when Chan hung up the phone without telling Felix he loves him but Felix just brushed it off assuming Chan was tired. Once Chan walked through the door Felix wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and kissed his cheeks. "How was work Channie?" Felix eyes were gleaming with excitement and Chan just sighed. "Felix can you sit down we need to talk." Those words from Chan made Felix worry. His mind starting racing with thoughts and none of them good. Felix sat down next to Chan and prepared for the worst. "I know tonight is our two year anniversary and that I said we were soulmates for life." Chan paused looking over at Felix before continuing. "Felix I've done some serious thinking and I need my space. I can't have you hanging around me 24/7 anymore. I know you love me but I just want alone time. That's why I've started seeing someone else." Those words stabbed Felix in the heart like they were daggers. "This isn't gonna work Felix. I just don't love you anymore. I'm sorry. I'll go pack my things." Chan finished and got up to pack out of their shared apartment but Felix was still sitting on the couch in a state of shock. Chan was his happiness, his everything and now he was suddenly leaving? To be with another guy? Felix felt angry at first but then came the tears as Chan packed his suitcase. Chan came back into the living room with his bag in hand and took one more look at Felix. "I'm sorry it had to be this way. I hope you find someone better Lixxie." With those words Chan was gone. Leaving Felix alone to process the breakup. 6 months later those words still echo in his head every night when he goes out to a different club. Felix was dealing with his grief the only way he knew how. To party and drink. Tonight was especially was hard on him because the club he was going to had Han Jisung as live entertainment. Han who was now public with his relationship with Chan received major backlash which got him and Chan fired. So now they headline shows at local bars and clubs. Felix was ready to give Chan a piece of his mind 6 months late. He arrived at the club and walked through the doors like he owned the place. The local clubs in Seoul knew who he was by now. After Chan left Felix's career as a songwriter took off and he was basically a celebrity now writing songs for big named groups. He approached the bar sliding the bartender some money. "My usual and make it extra strong tonight." The bartender nodded and Felix sat there waiting. "Felix? Is that you." A familiar voice made him tear up it was Chan. "Yes it is me Chan and I just have some things to say to you." Felix turned around to face Chan crossing his arms. "First of all you for leaving me on our anniversary with a broken heart. Second no I haven't found someone else yet because I know you're gonna ask that. Third I'm doing just fine without you." Felix spoke coldly to Chan just as the bartender returned with his drink. "Here you are Mr. Lee." The bart is set down his drink and Felix thanked him. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm trying to forget you even existed." Felix turned back around taking a sip of his drink as Chan left. Chan got a glance at what Felix had become and it hurt him because he knew it was his fault. After many drinks Felix was way drunk so he came up with a plan. Before Han's show they were holding an open mic for singing. Felix couldn't sing but he grabbed the mic anyways fueled by liquid courage to call Chan out in front of the crowd. "Hi everyone you might know me I'm Lee Felix the successful song writer. I can't really sing but I wanted you to hear a glimpse at my new song." Felix cleared his throat and speaking the words instead of singing although they weren't lyrics for a new song it's how he felt about Chan. "I thought everything was perfect. Then you break the news and my heart that it's over. Leaving me with nothing but my grief. Now every night I party  to get my mind off of you. I drink to forget but your words still echo in mind. I've tried to do everything until I forget about you." Felix finally pulled away from the mic going back to partying his pain away. He left after a few more drinks and just before Han's show. He called an Uber of course to get back home safely. The home that used to be his and Chan's. Felix collapsed on the bed. "I swear Channie I will forget about you." Felix cried before he went to sleep feeling content getting the words off his chest. His first step to moving on. His first step to forgetting about Chan.


A/N: Hey guys hope you liked this oneshot. This is the first of many in the collection. Thank you to Felixs_Egg for suggesting Chanlix!! If you have any ships that you would like to see me write about just put them in the comments below. Until next time readers.