He's Sick

The Moments I Live For

The weather today is so wonderful. I like watching how the clouds cover the sun and how they move in the sky. How the birds are chirping and singing in the trees, but it cannot replace the longing that I am feeling right now. It’s more than a week since I am with Daddy because Dada has an urgent matter with his client in another country. Honestly, I enjoyed staying at this filming site, but sometimes I easily got bored. Daddy makes sure that whenever he has free time, he will always play with me. Actually, Daddy teaches me how to skateboard even though Dada keeps on telling him that it is dangerous but we sneaked out sometimes. Don’t tell Dada, okay?

 

 

 

“Hi, Dada! I miss you” I told him while pouting. Having a video call is very helpful, but the more we do this, the more I miss him.

 

 

“I miss you more baby. How are you? Where’s your Daddy?”

 

 

“Daddy takes care of me very well. Also, his staff always plays with me every time Daddy is busy filming, but Dada when will you go home? We miss you so much”

 

 

“Of course, Dada misses you both so much, too. Dada will do my best to finish my meetings here and I will go home immediately,” he smiles and I can see the dark circles under his eyes. He sleeps late again.

 

 

“Why my Suo’er is pouting?”

 

 

“Because Dada is not taking care of himself” I sobbed

 

 

“No, no. Who told you?”

 

 

“Dada stop lying. You’re the same with Daddy”

 

 

“Why? What’s wrong with your Daddy?”

 

 

“During this morning, he’s coughing badly. He said his throat is aching”

 

 

“He has a cold?”

 

 

“I don’t know, but his staff gave him medicine. Dada, Suo’er is sad and worried”

 

 

“But why your Daddy didn’t tell me? We talked a while ago”

 

 

“Because he doesn’t want you to get worried, but Suo’er doesn’t want to keep it secret” my tears suddenly fell down on my cheeks. When suddenly, Daddy’s staff approached me and waved to Dada.

 

 

“Sister, what happened to Yibo?” his voice is really worried, but the staff assured him that Daddy is fine and no need to worry. The sister said it’s just a sore throat, but I don’t think so.

 

 

 

After 30 minutes, we ended the video call because Dada needs to go back to his work, and Daddy is already finished his filming.

 

 

 

“DADDYYY!!!!” I ran to him and Daddy carried me

 

 

“Did you cry Suo’er? Who made you cry?” I noticed that Daddy’s voice is really not good and his body is quite hot

 

 

“I talked to Dada a while ago. Suo’er misses him” I pout and he kissed my cheek

 

 

“How’s your Dada?”

 

 

“EH? DADDY? Why you’re asking me? You also talked to him a while ago”

 

 

“HAHAHA, so you know now how to be savage. Do you want to go somewhere today?” I just tilt my head. Savage? What is that?

 

 

“Can we go to Dada, Daddy?”

 

 

“If only we can, but it is very far, Suo’er” he said with a sad voice.

 

 

 

Every night before we sleep, Daddy is always looking at Dada’s photos on his phone. Even though he’s trying to hide it from me, but I can still notice it. I always say that I miss him, but I know Daddy misses him more and more every day. During Daddy’s break time and at night, we always have a video or audio call with Dada, well even before we sleep Daddy will not end the call, not unless Dada is already sleeping. Sometimes, they will just look at each other on the phone without saying anything that is why sometimes I steal Daddy’s phone HAHA

 

 

 

“Daddy, can we go to the playground today?” I asked him and he nodded.

 

 

“We will go home first, then we will go to the playground. Do you want to eat anything?”

 

 

“I am not hungry Daddy” I shook my head, but he insists that I must eat because we will not go to the playground if I will not eat. Hhhmmmmppp.

 

 

“Daddy must eat, too, ” he chuckled and nod a bit

 

 

 

While we’re heading home, I noticed that Daddy keeps on coughing and sweating even though it’s not hot inside the car, I looked at him, but he just caresses my cheeks and told me that he’s fine. One of his staff is saying something to him, but he doesn’t want her idea and keeps on insisting that he will just stay in the hotel after going to the playground.

 

 

 

“Suo’er, do you want to stay with Uncle Yixuan, tonight?” Daddy asked me while preparing for the food that we bought a while ago.

 

 

“Daddy doesn’t want to be with Suo’er anymore?”

 

 

“Of course, not! Don’t get me wrong, okay? Daddy will be very busy tomorrow and I can’t take care of you. Daddy is just worried for Suo’er” I repeatedly shook my head

 

 

“NO DADDY! I don’t want to. Suo’er will stay tonight with Daddy” I sat on the floor and started to sob. 

 

 

“I don’t want to go to Uncle Yixuan” I keep on mumbling

 

 

“Suo’er is a good boy, right? Suo’er must listen to Daddy” he carried me while caressing my back.

 

 

“Can Uncle Yixuan just stay here, Daddy?” I keep on sobbing my words

 

 

“Eat first and we will talk about it later, ” he smiled, but that is a sad smile.

 

 

 

I silently eat my pastries and drink my milk, while Daddy is talking to someone on his phone, maybe that is Uncle.

 

 

 

“Yibo are you okay?” that is Dada!

 

 

“DADA!!!” I shouted, then Daddy sit beside me while eating his pastries, too.

 

 

“Of course, I am okay, Zhan ge. Why did you ask?”

 

 

“LIAR!” Dada shouted

 

 

“Promise Baobao, I am okay,” he raised his pinky finger “How about you? You look so thin! You need to eat always!” 

 

 

“I am always eating.”

 

 

“You’re always eating, but you became thinner? Don’t fool me Zhan Ge”

 

 

“No, I’m not fooling you. It’s just that sometimes, I didn’t finish eating because I have a lot of things to finish. Actually, I am trying my best to accomplish all of my projects here immediately. I can’t wait to go home”

 

 

“Then go home” Daddy mumbled. There’s a moment of silence…

 

 

“Yibo, tell me honestly. Are you not feeling well?”

 

 

“I’m not feeling well, but I can handle it.”

 

 

“Look at you! You’re so pale! I will contact your staff to accompany you to the hospital”

 

 

“I don’t need anyone. I just want YOU to be here”

 

 

“If I can Yibo, I will really do it, but you know, I can’t.”

 

 

 

Daddy didn’t say anything, instead, he’s just focusing on eating, that is why I get Daddy’s phone and talked with Dada

 

 

 

“Dada, we will go to the playground! I wish you were here with us, too”

 

 

“Don’t worry Suo’er, we will do that next time. Don’t be sad, okay? Also, please look after your Daddy, too. Scold him if he will not eat and sleep on time. Got it?” I nodded repeatedly.

 

 

“Sure Dada! Suo’er will!” I smile

 

 

“His voice seems in a bad condition, too. He must visit the hospital for a check-up but I am afraid that he will be stubborn again and will just stay in the hotel to rest. I hope I’m there to take care of your Daddy, but unfortunately, I’m not” he whispered but I can hear him clearly.

 

 

“Dada…”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“Dada, I need to end the call now. I promise that Suo’er will take care of Daddy, too,” I smiled at him and he smiled back and both of us bid farewell.

 

 

 

Once Daddy is finished eating, he started to change his clothes and put on his sunglasses, face mask, and bucket hat. This is not new anymore because every time we will go outside to play or to buy something, he’s always like this. I also wear the cool hat that Dada bought for me.

 

 

 

“Let’s go?” Daddy hold my hands as we went out of the room. I saw uncle Le at the back door entrance of the hotel and waiting for us.

 

 

“Hi, Uncle” I greeted him and he greeted me back. I ran inside the car and waited for Daddy as he’s talking with Uncle Le for a minute. 

 

 

 

We arrived at the playground after 10 minutes and fortunately, it’s not crowded. I immediately run to the bungee trampoline and play with some of the kids there. Meanwhile, Daddy is just sitting on the chair while watching me, kind of weird because most of the time he will play or tease me, or maybe because he’s just tired today.

 

 

I met new friends and we play a lot. We run and run until we need to stop to catch our breath. Also, we play hide and seek, and it’s a good thing that I am good at hiding, they couldn’t find me. Aside from that, we play on the slides and see-saw. There was a time that I tripped to the ground and Daddy immediately helped me to stand up. I didn’t cry because it didn’t hurt, but Daddy is still worried as he saw the bruise on my knees, I kissed his cheek for him to smile again.

 

 

 

“Drink some water first, Suo’er” Daddy handed me the water, but what I noticed is that he’s coughing continuously.

 

 

“Daddy, are you okay?” I puffed his cheeks and Daddy nodded and told me to continue playing as he will just stay at the corner to watch.

 

 

 

I continue playing with my new friends for an hour. I really enjoyed it! We didn’t notice that it’s almost night and also getting dark. After we play, they introduced me to their parents, and they gave me some candies and snacks, they’re so kind to me. It’s a pity that I don’t have anything with me today that I can give to my new friends but I hope I can meet them again next time.

 

 

 

“Suo’er let’s go home” Daddy approached me and hold my hand.

 

 

“This is my Daddy” I introduced them to my friends and to their parents. They’re so shocked but happy at the same time when they knew that my Daddy is Wang Yibo. He smiled at them and nod in respect.

 

 

 

While we’re heading home it seems that Daddy became more quiet than usual. I am staring at him, his both eyes are closed like he’s sleeping while coughing. He’s also wrapping both arms on his body. It’s cold because of the air conditioner in the car, but he’s sweating, too. I became more worried.

 

 

 

“Suo’er, Uncle Yixuan is already in the hotel. He will pick you up once we arrived there” Daddy said in a weak voice

 

 

“I WILL NOT LEAVE DADDY” I insist

 

 

“You need to”

 

 

“Suo’er will take care of Daddy! Daddy is sick!”

 

 

“Daddy can take care of myself”

 

 

“Suo’er can take care of you, Daddy. I promised it to Dada!”

 

 

“Don’t argue with me anymore. You need to stay with Uncle Yixuan”

 

 

“NO! I WON’T” I started to cry, but Daddy didn’t comfort me. By the time we arrived at the hotel, I didn’t go outside the car.

 

 

“Suo’er let’s go” Daddy hold my wrist, but I removed it quickly.

 

 

“I will just stay here if Daddy doesn’t like to be with Suo’er anymore”

 

 

“Stop whining little boy”

 

 

“I’M NOT!”

 

 

“SUO’ER!!!” he said in a serious and high tone and when I looked at him, he’s looking at me straightly

 

 

“Sorry Daddy” I immediately went out of the car and ran inside the hotel without waiting for him. I tried not to cry loudly because I don’t want to get the attention of other people.

 

 

“Suo’er wait for me” Daddy called me out and I saw uncle Le running towards me

 

 

“Uncle Le!” I hugged his waist and cry

 

 

“Suo’er, you need to listen to your Daddy. That will be the best choice for now” I shook my head.

 

 

“Uncle, Daddy is sick and I want to take care of him” I sobbed, but Uncle just patted my head and wipe my tears.

 

 

“Why did you run, Suo’er?” Daddy wants to carry me but I didn’t dare. I’m standing at the front of the elevator as we’re just waiting for it.

 

 

 

Once we arrived in the room, I saw Uncle Yixuan sitting on the sofa. He went to Daddy and suddenly put the back of his palm on Daddy’s forehead. Daddy didn’t dodge nor say anything.

 

 

 

“Suo’er, get your things in our room, uncle is waiting for you” Daddy said in a serious tone.  

 

 

“NO! I WON’T” I went to our room and locked myself there. No! I don’t want to go somewhere! I want to stay here with Daddy!

 

 

 

I thought Daddy would follow me in the bedroom, but after how many minutes, there’s no sign. I think Daddy finally agrees with me that Uncle can just stay with us. I tried to open the door slowly and quietly when I suddenly heard Uncle’s voice scolding Daddy.

 

 

 

“Look at you, you’re so stubborn! So, don’t ever wonder why Suo’er is stubborn, too!”

 

 

“Ge! Please, let me just rest. Just get Suo’er in our room and go now”

 

 

“Then, what Yibo? We will just leave you here? You’re sick and Xiao Zhan is not here to take care of you!”

 

 

“I will just rest and tomorrow I will be fine again”

 

 

“Go to the hospital”

 

 

“NO!”

 

 

“You don’t know that your body temperature is really high? You’re already not feeling well, but you still went outside. Your staff told me that they keep on telling you to visit a doctor today, but you insisted not to go because you will go to the playground. Are you okay?”

 

 

“Ge, this is my only time to play again with Suo’er. What’s wrong with it?”

 

 

“So stubborn! So, you want Suo’er to see you like this?”

 

 

“That’s why he will stay with you just for tonight”

 

 

 

As soon as I heard it, I went to the living room and saw Daddy lying on the sofa while covering his face with his arm and there’s a towel on his forehead, he’s sweating a lot, while Uncle Yixuan is in the near kitchen and cooking for something.

 

 

 

“DADDY” I went to his side and touch his face. It’s really hot. I cannot help but cry again.

 

 

“Sorry Daddy, Suo’er knows that Daddy is not feeling well, but I still insist to play with Daddy today.” I keep on crying

 

 

“Uncle Yixuan don’t yell at Daddy! It is Suo’er’s fault”

 

 

Daddy just sighs and patted my head…

 

 

“Sssshhhhhh. It’s not Suo’er’s fault, okay?”

 

 

“But, if we didn’t go, you will not be like this”

 

 

“It’s Daddy’s fault because I didn’t take care of myself. Stop crying now, okay?”

 

 

“Daddy, what do you want? I will go to your staff to get some medicine”

 

 

“How about Suo’er will cast a magic so that your illness will be gone” he chuckled softly and nod.

 

 

“Suo’er and Uncle Yixuan will take care of you Daddy, please don’t say that Suo’er needs to go, okay?” I said while crying. I hold his hand and plead, but he just sighs heavily.

 

 

Uncle Yixuan went to Daddy’s side to change the towel on his forehead. He let him eat something before he takes his medicine and after a while, he fell asleep. Since Suo’er wants to help, Uncle Yixuan told me to gently rub his body with a soft towel that soaked in the warm water. I obediently followed his instructions.

 

 

“It’s almost 9, Suo’er. Take a shower and after that, you need rest, too. Uncle will look after your Daddy” he patted my head but I disagree.

 

 

“Suo’er is not yet sleepy, uncle” when suddenly Daddy’s phone rang

 

 

“That is DADA!" I said and Uncle Yixuan checked Daddy’s phone

 

 

“Oh no! Xiao Zhan will surely be worried. Can we just tell him that your Daddy is already sleeping?” uncle asked me, but I also don’t know what will I say.

 

 

“I think it’s not a good idea, uncle”

 

 

“I don’t know what Xiao Zhan can do after he will hear it, but…” uncle sighed “It’s up to you, Suo’er”

 

 

“Suo’er is afraid, too.”

 

 

“You can answer the call. I will bring your Daddy first in your room to make him more comfortable. Also, after talking with your Dada, please take a shower and you need to sleep” he told me and I just nod.

 

 

 

Dada called for the 5th time before I answered it.

 

 

 

“Yaaaah!!! WANG YIBO!!! WHY YOU DIDN’T ANSWER MY CALLS!” Dada shouted

 

 

“Dada this is Suo’er”

 

 

“Baby, where’s your Daddy?”

 

 

“Daddy is already sleeping in the room”

 

 

“Then why you’re still awake?”

 

 

“Because Suo’er needs to take care of Daddy”

 

 

“Why are you crying, baby? What happened?”

 

 

“Daddy is very sick, Dada. It’s Suo’er’s fault. I’m so sorry Dada” I keep on crying while Dada is trying to calm me down.

 

 

“Ssssshhhhhhhh, stop crying Suo’er. I’m hurt whenever I see you crying, please.”

 

 

“I am very sorry Dada”

 

 

“No, no. It’s not your fault, don’t blame yourself, okay? I am not there to hug you, baby. So, please stop crying now”

 

 

“……….*sob*…………”

 

 

“Where are Daddy’s staff?”

 

 

“Daddy doesn’t want them to be here that is why they didn’t go, but Uncle Yixuan is here. He’s taking care of Daddy in the bedroom”

 

 

“Can I talk to your uncle?” I nod and went to the bedroom. I gave the phone to Uncle Yixuan so that they can talk. After that, I also started to take a shower as I promised my uncle.

 

 

 

After taking a shower Dada and Uncle are still talking on the phone. I don’t know what they’re talking about, that is why I went to the bed and sat beside Daddy. He’s sleeping peacefully, but he’s still shivering.

 

 

 

“Daddy, is it cold? Do you want me to turn off the air conditioner?” Even though I didn’t receive any response, I reached the remote control and turned it off. The room became hot, but it is fine because Daddy is feeling cold.

 

 

“Daddy, I will cast some magic again. I hope tomorrow, you will be totally fine” I kissed his cheek and pretend like I am really doing magic on him.

 

 

“Abracadabra… Please let Daddy’s illness go away. Daddy will be better and it will not come back again. ssshhhhhhoooooooooo” when casting my extraordinary magic, I heard Uncle and Dada’s chuckle. I look at them and pout.

 

 

“Suo’er’s magic will really help Daddy” Dada said while smiling at me

 

 

“Of course, Dada because if not I will hate MAGIC forever” I hissed

 

 

“It’s already late now Suo’er, you need to sleep” Dada told me but I shook my head

 

 

“Suo’er, don’t be stubborn like Daddy. Dada will be more worried if you will get sick, too”

 

 

“Sorry Dada”

 

 

“Sorry, too, my baby because Dada is not there to take care of both of you. You suffered a lot and you really did your best to take care of Daddy for me. Dada is so proud of you”

 

 

“Dada, please don’t get sick, too. Suo’er is sad whenever Daddy and Dada are sick. Suo’er is hurt”

 

 

“I will baby, I will” he then kissed the phone like he’s really kissing my forehead or cheek.

 

 

 

After I talked with Dada, I suddenly feel sleepy that is why Uncle helps me to lie down on the bed properly and covered my body with a blanket. He also the air conditioner since it became hot, though at first, I don’t want it, so, he just adjusted the temperature of it.

 

 

 

“Thank you, Uncle” I hold his hand and he just smiles. He sang a lullaby and after a while, I fell asleep.