The Process

Secret Friends

D-2

[11pm]

From: Sadness Manager

All of you please get together in Eunbi’s dorm now.

 

Dorm 1 residents came to Eunbi’s dorm quickly. Usually, when Sadness Manager texted them like that, it means there were lot of delicious food. But they were all confused as they saw no food in their sights. Instead they saw the other residents sat down in the living room, waiting for them to come. Their faces told them that they had no idea as well. Well, except Eunbi. Eunbi tried hard to hide her smiles when she saw the confusion on her members’ faces. ‘This is so funny’ she thought.

Once they sat down, Sadness Manager started to explain why she called everyone together. “Actually, this idea is from Eunbi. Eunbi want to do another Secret Friend but this time, it is only between you guys. No camera. Eunbi want all of you to spend time and create new memory together. I was asked to become the host for this Secret Friend. Do you like it? If yes, then we can proceed. If no, I will have to say sorry to Eunbi,” Sadness Manager briefly glanced at Eunbi before she focused on the eleven girls.

“Like what we did in IZ*ONE Chu Season 2? Count me in,” Yena answered happily.

“I think we have to do it or else Eunbi unnie will kick our out from the dorm,” Yujin stated while scooted away from Eunbi who looked like she wanted to chase Yujin right at the moment.

The other members laughed loudly at them. They agreed to do Secret Friend one more time. It’s been a long time since they last did Secret Friend. Because of the limited time and because they have no schedule (sadly), why not they used the remaining time to do this activity together? They will miss this once they have to part away from one another.

“Alright. Since I’m the host, I will tell the rules. Firstly, you will need to draw a name from the box. Whoever name that you draw, she is your Secret Friend. Secondly, you can’t tell anyone who is your Secret Friend. Thirdly, you have to buy gift for your Secret Friend. Next, do not peeking at others’ present for their Secret Friend. You are forbidden to do that. Yes, I’m talking to you, Yena, Yuri and Yujin,” Sadness Manager glared playfully at the mentioned members. The others chuckled while the three of them sulked because they got caught openly.

“Fifthly, you are given time until tomorrow evening to buy the gifts for your Secret Friend. Lastly, you only can buy one gift. Do not buy two gifts. We will do a reveal session at night. Is that okay for you?” Sadness Manager asked everyone.

“Are the rules okay for you? Do you understand?” Eunbi asked.

“Perfectly understood, unnie,” Wonyoung answered.

“The rules are easy to follow,” Chaewon nodded her head.

“Well rules are bored BUT I will try not to break it. Geez Eunbi unnie…stop staring at me like that. I’m just joking,” Yena sighed loudly.

“Serve you right, Duck,” Sakura sticking her tongue out at Yena, making Yena sighed defeatedly and snuggled closer to Yujin who sat beside her. “Why are they like this, Yujinie. I was just kidding,” she whispered to Yujin. Yujin just patted her head and laugh softly at Yena.

“You deserve it, Yena,” Hyewon chimed in.

“Not you too,” Yena groaned loudly and fake her tears.

Sadness Manager watched them fondly when they started bickering. She will miss this a lot. She coughed, catching their attention. There was a box filled with pieces of paper on her hand. “Let’s each of you draw a name from this box to determine your Secret Friend. You will take turn using the age order,” she instructed. The girls obeyed her. Once they done drawing the paper, Sadness Manager asked them to open their paper and keep it as a secret to themselves.

“I’m so lucky. My Secret Friend is my favorite people,” Eunbi suddenly said.

“Who? Is that Nako? You treat her like she is your actual sister,” Yena asked. Not forgetting to give her reason why she thought Eunbi’s Secret Friend was Nako.

“I’ll leave it to your imagination,” Eunbi proudly said. “Pfftt this grandma keeps thinking that she is all mighty---AAAHHH EUNBI UNNIE STOP IT STOPP I’M SORRY!” Eunbi jumped on Yena and head locked her head with her arms. Eunbi huffed and let go of Yena. Eunbi patted Yena’s head and hugged her briefly. The other member just shook their head at them, being used to their antics. They started planning on what gift to bought for their Secret Friend. They were excited just by thinking the reaction that they will get from their Secret Friend. Sadness Manager dismissed them after that.

 

[In Dorm 1]

“Who would have thought that Eunbi has a great idea, right Chaeyeon? At least we can do something that is memorable before we part away,” Sakura smiled in disbelief. She was still thinking about Eunbi’s idea. Sakura never thought of doing something together again. It was not like she didn’t care but her head was full of the video games. It could not be helped, she chuckled at her thoughts.

Chaeyeon, who was in the middle of organizing her luggage (A/N: I AM SORRY), looked up to study Sakura’s face. She could see a trace of sadness on her best friend’s face. Chaeyeon could felt her heart going heavy. The past two and half years has been so meaningful to her. She gained back her confidence and she gained eleven wonderful friends. Looking back at Sakura who sat down on her bed, she could not help but feel sad as well. Slowly, she stood up and made her way to Sakura. Chaeyeon hugged Sakura silently, hoping that she could convey her feelings towards the older girl. How Sakura always by her side when she doubts herself and how constantly Sakura remind her that her presence in IZ*ONE make the group shine more on the stage. Chaeyeon would never forget about it. Sakura startled a bit but then she calmed down and returned the hugs.

“Shhh it’s okay Chaeyeon. Don’t be sad. We are best friend forever, aren’t we? I’m not going to forget you once IZ*ONE has ends,” Sakura comforted the girls in her arms. “I know but it is hard to accept the reality. I want to keep dreaming,” Chaeyeon started to cry and all Sakura could do is comforting her. Slowly, Chaeyeon has calmed down and she was fast asleep. Sakura smiled sadly as she tucked Chaeyeon in. She laid down beside Chaeyeon and hugged her, placing her cheek on top of Chaeyeon’s hair. She then kissed Chaeyeon’s forehead softly and joined her to sleep.

Little did they know, Nako, Hitomi, Yuri and Wonyoung eavesdropped their little conversation. The younger residents in Dorm 1 could not help as they felt sad too. Sad because they could not give comfort to Chaeyeon like what Chaeyeon always did to them. They were thankful that Sakura is Chaeyeon’s roommate. They sighed and moved away from the older’s door once they didn’t hear anything. They went back to organize their luggages (A/N: AGAIN I AM SORRY).