The Reveal Session

Secret Friends

D-1

After having their breakfast, almost all the members went out to searched and bought the most suitable gift for their Secret Friend. They went out separately because they didn’t want to bump to each other while they do their shopping. Hyewon walked mindlessly along the Myungdong Street. She still hasn’t thought much about the gifts. At first, she just wants to buy something simple but then she realized that this would be the last time they gather properly. She roamed along the street when something catches her attention. A watch shop. Hyewon stopped in front of the shop and an idea came to her mind. She grinned and entered the watch shop excitedly.

Nako was ready to go out when she caught Yuri sat on the sofa while playing game (Animal Crossing to be exact) on her Switch. Nako wondered why Yuri was so carefree and being a lazy when she should have to look out to prepare the gift for her Secret Friend. She went to her roommate and tapped her shoulder. “Yaa aren’t you supposed to prepare the gift too? Everyone else is busy preparing except you,” Nako nagged at Yuri. She just could not understand why Yuri seemed so relax while everyone is rushing. “Nako ya, I already prepared my gift months ago. I’m just lucky that Eunbi unnie proposed this Secret Friend idea or else I don’t know how to give my gift to my Secret Friend,” Yuri answered without taking her eyes from her Switch. A small smile formed on her face. “Whoever your Secret Friend is, I’m sure they are lucky,” Nako said. “Oh they are sooo lucky,” Yuri cheekily replied.

 

[Later at night] [9pm]

All twelve members gather again at Dorm 2. This time was for reveal session. Before that, they had fried chicken, cheese balls, pizza and spicy tteokbeokki for dinner. After dinner, they gathered at the living room with the gift they prepared to their Secret Friend. “Now is the time for you to give your gift to your Secret Friend. We will go from the youngest to the eldest this time,” Sadness Manager said.

Wonyoung stood up while carrying a large plastic shopping bag and went to the middle of the living room. “I think my gift is suitable for my Secret Friend. It can be use daily, you know,” she smugly said. The girls smiled at her antics. They adored their youngest very much that they will leave everything just for Wonyoung. “I’ll give my gift now,” Wonyoung happily said. Wonyoung then approached Minju to give her gift. The girls whistled loudly as they finally knew who Wonyoung’s Secret Friend is. But they quieted down when Wonyoung approach them as well and give her gift to them. All the girls received Wonyoung’s gift which was a set of pink pajamas.

They all look puzzled. “Wonyoung ah, are you sure you read carefully who is your Secret Friend?” Hyewon asked. “I’m pretty sure about it. Here, look at my paper that I drew out yesterday,” Wonyoung showed her paper that is written with ‘All members’ on it. The girls become more confused.

“Alright. Yujin, you are next. Go on,” Sadness Manager instructed. Yujin explain her choice of gift and she gave the gift to all members as well. Yujin’s gift was a medium-sized Rilakkuma teddy bear. Yujin chose it because it is easy to carry everywhere. Next was Yuri’s turn. Yuri made bead rings by herself. Next was Hitomi with her gift which is custom made bracelet. Nako chose to give phone case as the gift. And Minju decided to make custom made t-shirt with big IZ*ONE logo on the back of the shirt and the members’ names on the front. Minju also included all IZ*ONE songs on the shirt as well as the colors of every member. Interestingly, the younger line gave their gift to all members because according to the paper they drew out, it was written the same with Wonyoung’s. ‘All members’ can be seen clearly on their paper.

The older line seemed to get caught on with the odd incident that is happening right now. They exchanged glances silently. Eunbi then looked at Sadness Manager. Sadness Manager noticed that Eunbi had been staring at her for a while, but she chose to ignore it. ‘It’s not the right time yet’ she thought.

The session continues with the older line’s turn starting from Chaewon. Chaewon bought scarf according to the members’ official color. Her gift got everyone smile widely as they are reminiscing the time when they used the red scarf during La Vie En Rose era. Chaeyeon chose custom made necklace as her choice of gift. The color of the pendant was based on the members’ official color too. Yena’s gift was simple yet meaningful. She chose to give diary with the word ‘IZ*ONE’ engraved on the diary cover. She loudly said that if the members are having hard times, write it down in the diary so they can feel that the other member are with them even though they are not together anymore. Hyewon spent her money to get the custom-made iron watch. The iron watch has their names and the words ‘IZ*ONE FOREVER’ beside their name engraved on the back of it. Sakura chose to give custom made headphone, saying that everyone is the musician. The headphone has IZ*ONE logo on each earphone. She hoped that the headphone could help the members to compose more song in the future. Just like the younger line, they also got the paper written with ‘All members’ on it for their Secret Friend.

It was finally Eunbi’s turn. Eunbi’s gift was a hand-written letter. She gave each members her gift. Eunbi tried hard to convey her feelings to each of them that when she finally done writing all letters, she felt empty inside. She was not ready yet. The members were all eager to read what Eunbi wrote for them. Meanwhile, Eunbi watched them silently with a sad smile. A minute has passed. Silence. “Unnie,” Eunbi looked at Chaewon. Her younger friend who come from the same agency as her. “What happen in the future, we are still IZ*ONE member. Nothing can change that. Even though we are no longer together, we are still IZ*ONE member forever. The bond within us is unbreakable,” Chaewon said with her teary eyes. “Unnie,” it was Sakura this time. “Even Nako, Hitomi and I are back in Japan, we can catch up every day. Technology exists, unnie,” Sakura chuckled. “We will never forget about you and IZ*ONE because those are my precious memory. With you leading the group, I get to learn how to be confident and how to be a reliable unnie just like you. So, please. Stop thinking that we will leave you alone when in fact we will always be by your side, supporting you in every step you take. I always be with you. Forever,” Sakura said while looking at Eunbi respectfully.

Eunbi could not take it anymore as she finally bursts into tears. Eunbi felt someone hugged her and soon she felt several arms around her, forming a group hug. All of them cried with her. It took them half an hour to calm down themselves. Eunbi looked at Sadness Manager who looked back at her with her crying face. “Thank you for everything unnie. I didn’t know this was your plan,” she smiled gratefully at Sadness Manager. “I thought getting a gift for a person was quite lame, so I changed it to getting the gift for everyone. I guess my special plan successfully work. All I want is for you guys to give your last gifts towards each other. Because I know, it will be hard to meet each other again in the future. And I will miss you. As my last gift as IZ*ONE manager, I twist a bit your Secret Friend idea. I want everyone to have fun until the end,” Sadness Manager explained. She too, cried a lot and she hope she had done enough during her time being IZ*ONE’s manager.

Eunbi smiled warmly at Sadness Manager. She felt light. All the burden on her shoulders disappeared. She then glanced at her members. Some of them showed her their sleepy faces. Eunbi laughed. “Alright babydeuls. Let’s sleep together today at the living room,” she said. For the last time. They groaned and changed their position. They then fell asleep immediately.