Dead in a Ditch

Epoch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey!" I groaned inwardly as I felt her hands on my which sent shivers of hate and disgust in me. Good thing that this bar is dimly lit so she didn't see how my body reacted to her touch.

Who the ?

However, I still put on my best smile as I turned to face the stranger who put her sweaty hand on my skin. "Hey yourself. What are you doing here?"

I bit back a groan upon recognizing the . Why did I have to see her in a place like this?

My old classmate  eyed me from head to to toe and when she was done, a smirk was clearly visible on her pretty but make up cladded face. 

"I'm just chilling here and all. You?"

Oh, you know I'm just avoiding my life and everything but yeah, you could say that I'm also chilling.

Gods. If only I have enough guts to say that to a fellow lawyer but I'm still sober enough not to dig my own grave at this bar.

Instead, I raised my glass of whiskey that I have been nursing the whole night and clinked it with her martini.

"Same. Chillin'..." I sarcastically said and gulped down the now super diluted whiskey.

Ew. This is already water.

"So... found any jobs? I'm shocked to see you here to be honest."

Oh , here we go.

I blankly looked at her while she said that with a sly smile.

Oh dear gods, why are you testing my patience now?

Please don't make me erase all of her make-up with my fist.

I clenched my jaw as I regarded her statement. "Yeah? Why so?"

"Because..." she twirled the contents of her glass before continuing, "You're the only one of us passers who still doesn't have a job. For goodness sake, Jennie. Are you that incompetent?"

God, forgive me for I will be digging not my own grave but of this who's really out here to get my blood.

My lips twitched and my ears pounded with rage as I turned to see her shocked face.

I smiled as best as I could and with venom dripping in each word, I asked,  "What the did you just say?"

Incompetent?

The ing Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, an incompetent person?

She probably saw the anger in my eyes that she suddenly gulped. The hand that was holding her martini shook as I took a step forward.

"I mean, no offense but you're a lawyer for godsake. Everyone is dying to hire you..."

That's the ing problem. Nobody seems to want me as part of their company!

For the first time in my life, I am disregarded and ignored.

How is that ing possible?

"Yeah, right." I said as I rolled my eyes at her.

"Have you applied to this company called--"

I raised my right hand to stop her from talking. "I have no intention to. If you'll excuse me, I don't have time for your bull."

I think I gave her an aneurysm with my crude word and her jaw dropped on the floor at my audacity but I didn't dare look back.

I hate it when people belittle me and mess with me and so I was just returning the favor.

 

"Jennie!" A college classmate suddenly emerged from nowhere and smiled broadly at me.

"Jesus Christ! Is this my unlucky day?" I mumbled to myself before putting once again my best smile.

"Hey, Christine. What brings you here?"

"Oh. I was here with friends. How about you?"

, I'm here to clean the tables. Duh?

"Oh. I was just relaxing and all." And probably terrorizing my own chance of finding a job or building connections...

But , why are these es appearing out of nowhere?

She nodded and looked like she  believed what I said. Whew.

She inched her face closer to my face and whispered. "Oh, right. Have you heard?"

I moved my head back a little, returning my self needed personal space. "Heard about what?"

"She's back."

I arched my eyebrow at her and she went closer again this time. "You know M-"

I felt my phone vibrate and when I looked at it, I widened my eyes and my heart rate quickened.

"Oh, . I need to go. I'm sorry. Catch up soon, yeah?"

As i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter