Proposition

Epoch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood there for awhile, processing the new information Lisa- no, Palisa shared with me. Also the thing that happened to Palisa, she said might happen to me, too. The possibility of it, however was well... impossible. The girl couldn't even look at me straight in the eye, so there's no need to think about this too much, right?

 

Lalisa's weird, I'm sure of that but I'm not sure if she's capable of doing something so-

 

"...Jennie."

 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone call me. I looked up and saw Aunt Elise's beautiful face ridden with worry.

 

I quickly rushed to her and held her hands which was cold to the touch. "Aunt Elise, why are you so pale?"

 

She bit her lip and her gaze travelled back to the house.

 

"Be strong, okay?" She whispered before pulling me inside the house. The distance of the lawn to the house wasn't that much but she took her time, as if she's scared of letting me step inside.

 

Worry started to fill me and unconsciously, I gripped my aunt's hands tighter.

 

"Don't worry. You have us, okay?" She said seriously and upon reaching their door, she made me face her and fixed my shirt. "Toughen up, sweetie. Someone's here to see you."

 

A lot of things passed my mind enough to make me nauseous but when I saw who was behind the door, waiting for me with a smile, I had to refrain myself from hurling.

 

"My Nini," she whispered as she crossed the distance between us and enveloped me in a bone crushing hug. Letting me feel as if she missed me. As if everything was normal between us.

 

It was only for a few seconds but it felt like a lifetime for me. When she released me, she smiled and cupped my face into her soft hands and stared longingly at me. 

 

Fear.

 

Dread.

 

Panic.

 

Hope.

 

These emotions was zapping back and forth that I had to close my eyes and breathe.

 

"Mom."

 

Then like a train, it hit me. I removed her hands on mine, disgusted by the fact that I even let her touch me. Her brows momentarily furrowed before looking at me warily.

 

"You're not supposed to be here." I spat while quickly moving away from her. Widening the suffocating space between us. I had to move or else, I would've collapsed from the sheer amount of anger I have at this moment.

 

"I've come to take you home." She smiled, and her hand tried to reach me but I flinched and moved further away.

 

I turned away from her and muttered, "I have no time for you bull. Leave."

 

I saw the Park's looking at me, their emotions mixed up and I was too ashamed to face them longer that I just bowed, said my apologies and quickly went straight to my room.

 

Thinking I already had my peace, I laid down and screamed through my pillow. I screamed and screamed, releasing all the pent up emotions I have inside me.

 

A knock, however disrupted me. I saw the knob twist and the cause of my misery stood there, looking anywhere but me.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm not here to push you to come home with me."

 

I just looked at her and saw that with very cautious steps, she walked towards my bed an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter