Chapter 5

After all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong was never the good child. She was mischievous, friendly, animated, naughty but still well liked. She has her own charms that is quite the opposite of her sister’s.

Kim Taeyeon.

She’s the only person Minjeong would show her true self. The one that loves music, the Minjeong who loves to dance and sing, the Minjeong who would cry over some cute cats being fed on the streets─ just Minjeong.

The Minjeong she would never let anyone have a glimpse of, even their own parents. Because Taeyeon is the only one who listens, who sees her for who she really is. Not some kind of trophy that once you stopped being proud of, you will throw away.

Kim Taeyeon, her only sister.

People loves comparing them ever since Minjeong was born. She’s usually the bad one in the diagram, but she doesn’t care. They are outsiders anyway.

But sometimes it does hurt.

Taeyeon would always be the angel in everyone’s eyes. Minjeong, on the other side, will be the little demon.

She doesn’t listen. Taeyeon was the only one who could tame her.

But then, life happens.

Everyone doesn’t expect a tragedy will happen during that joyous moment. God, no one thought that they would lose someone that moment.

Everything happened so fast that the next thing Minjeong knows she is being rushed to the emergency room. There were a lot of noises Minjeong heard around her but she couldn’t even pinpoint who owns which.

A lot of people are in panic, but Minjeong doesn’t know why. She wanted to ask anyone, but something is stopping her. She could not move and breathe, so she let the darkness envelopes her.

And the next moment she opens her eyes, everything changed.

She lost her sister.

The only person who believes in her was gone.

And it took a lot of time─ years even, for her to cope up with life.

A life without her sister.

And then, she realized that she didn’t only lose her sister, because the moment she met eyes with her parents the day after the accident, she knew.

She knew she lost them too.

“Hi, Taengoo.” She smiles, settling down the bouquet of purple flowers for her sister─ lavender and lilac. “Sorry for visiting you just now though. I’ve been busy with a lot of things.”

She stared at the gravestone in front of her, running her hand gently against the cold surface, “I wish you were here though. I miss you.”

Minjeong fell silent for a moment, just staring at the carved name of her sister on the stone.

“It’s been what? 6 years since the accident. And every day I still wishes to be in your place instead. I know you don’t want to hear that, but I─ everything is just so hard, you know?” She sighed, feeling the brush of wind against her face, “You shouldn’t have saved me then. You’re so stupid, Taeyeon.” She chuckles, her eyes burning with unshed tears.

Everything will be so much better with you here.

“Minjeong-ah,” She turns around as she heard Yizhuo’s voice behind her, “Are you ready?”

Minjeong nodded slightly before throwing another glance towards her sister’s stone, “I’ll visit you again, okay? I love you, Taengoo.” She says before turning around.

She could only hope that time makes everything a lot easier.

 

 

Minjeong smiles watching the bickering of Yizhuo and Ryujin about who is the taller one between them. She knows they are just doing this to divert her attention from all the unwanted thoughts and for that, she’s grateful.

“C’mon, we’re gonna be late for the movies!” Chaeryeong muttered, rushing the rest of the girls to move fast, “Stop bickering you two!” She added throwing a glare to the still bickering duo.

When they reached the movie place, Yuna and Yeojin are already waiting for them both waving the movie tickets for them.

“You guys took too long,” Yuna complains, putting an arm around Chaeryeong, “And Ryeong looks so stressed.”

Chaeryeong could only roll her eyes before ushering them towards the snacks area. And once they finally settled themselves inside the cinema, silence finally envelops them.

They just kept whispering to each other as they wait for the movie to start. There is not a lot of people inside, maybe because it’s Tuesday and most people are at work or attending classes like what they should’ve been doing. But here they are watching movies instead of going to their university.

Minjeong knows why though.

Of course, her friends are doing these things for her. It won’t be long until the day she despises the most comes, and so her friends are distracting her.

Seeing them chuckling beside her and staying with her really makes her happy and grateful.

She already lost one person in her life, and she wouldn’t want to experience that again. Especially not these people.

Not her friends.

Minjeong does not really express herself that often, but she hopes her friends understand how important they are to her.

“It’s starting!” Ryujin half-yelled, before avoiding the incoming slap from Chaeryeong who got startled.

 

They were in the middle of the movie when she felt her phone vibrating against her pocket, Minjeong looked at her friends first before fishing her phone out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter