Chapter 4

After all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong was busy looking around searching for that familiar tall dark-haired woman when she felt someone bumping into her. She internally groaned because why the hell does people keep on bumping into her? She is not even that small.

The stranger bowed at her muttering strings of apology before sprinting away. Minjeong could only sigh as she eyes the busy hallway again.

“Hey, what are you doing here?”

She turns around after hearing someone speaking behind her and there, she saw the woman she has been looking for, “Hi,” She smiles, “I was actually looking for you.”

“Yeah?”

Minjeong nodded before grabbing something inside her bag, “I forgot to return this to you last week.” She said reaching out a bag of clothes.

“Oh, that. You could’ve kept it though and I won’t mind.”

“That’s too much and besides, I’m not even part of the swimming team.” Minjeong said as she watches the other woman stuffing the clothes inside her own bag, “Anyways, thank you for saving me that day again, Jimin. What can I do to repay you?”

“No, it’s okay.”

“I owe you my life as cringey as it may sound but, yeah, you get me.” Minjeong chuckled as she observes the taller woman, “So, please just let me repay you.”

Jimin giggled at the sudden display of puppy eyes, “Alright, how about a dinner this weekend?”

Minjeong raises an eyebrow, “A dinner? Okay.” She smiles.

“Here, I need your contact details, ma’am.”

Laughing, Minjeong grabbed the phone from the other girl before entering her contact number, “I’ll see you this weekend then.” She bids goodbye.

Jimin, on the other hand, watches as the other girl walk through the busy hallway. She could not help but smile seeing how the small body of the woman fits through the crowd and how she still could see her.

She just stopped watching Minjeong when she felt someone tapping her shoulder, “What are you looking at?” Aeri asks, her eyes following where the taller had her eyes earlier.

“None of your business. Anyway, why are you here because as far as I know your department is at the other side of the building.” Jimin stares at her best friend.

Nervously, Aeri push her best friend’s face away, “I’ll tell you, but you have to promise not to tease me, okay?”

Jimin nodded, so Aeri continued, “Yizhuo asked me out for dinner tonight, so I’m here to tell you not to wait for me.”

After hearing that, Jimin could not stop herself from smirking at her best friend who, in return, slapped her in the arm, “Ouch, what was that for?”

Aeri rolled her eyes, “Anyways, that’s it. I’ll go ahead, bye!” And she sprinted off.

Jimin could only shake her head at her best friend before walking towards her class.

And as she took a seat in their classroom, her mind unknowingly ended up thinking about a certain short girl.

She never thought she will be this close to the girl.

 

 

Minjeong woke up to a series of knocks from her door. She groaned loudly in annoyance as the culprit continue knocking at her door.

She stood up, a deep frown on her face, “What is it?” She asked, her frown not leaving her face when she met eye to eye with a kid.

Kid.

A kid?

Her eyes immediately shot open as she stares at the familiar child in front of her, her head tilting to the side in confusion. The child just continues to stare back at her, eyes wide.

And then, she heard voices from downstairs, so she looked back at the kid who’s still watching her before she decided to carry the child and walk towards those people who ruined her morning rest.

It is a weekend, so she is supposed to sleep the whole morning before having her scheduled dinner with Jimin. But no because these people decided it’s best to disturb her supposed to be good morning.

Upon reaching their living room, a familiar face smiles at her, “Good morning, Minjeongie. Oh, I see you already saw Haru.”

“You know I love you and your cousin, Ryeong,” Minjeong says before looking back at the child in her arms, “But Saturday is my freaking rest day.” She whines before putting the silent kid down who immediately runs towards her cousin.

Chaeryeong pouted at her, “But no one will look after her and that’s sad.”

Minjeong rolled her eyes at her close friend who’s acting cute in front of her, “Just give me one valid reason why would I take care of your cousin.”

“You love me.” Chaeryeong grins at her, “And because you love me, you’ll help me make my life easier.”

“Where’s her parents, anyway? And your sisters? Why me, why not you?”

“Well, her parents are currently out of town, and my sisters are still in the camp.” Chaeryeong chuckles, “And I have a class the whole, so you’re my last choice, because you’re the only one who doesn’t have schedule the whole day today.”

“Just help the poor girl, Minjeongie.” Yizhuo, who’s just silently watching the exchange between her friends, butted in, “It’s just for today, anyway.”

Right, it’s just today.

But why today?

When she got a dinner to spend with Jimin?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter