Chapter 3

After all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Yizhuo told her to meet her at the university’s indoor pool, she never thought it was that far. She just agreed because her idiot of a best friend got her file organizer instead of her own and now, they both agreed to meet halfway.

It is Minjeong’s first time in the indoor pool even after years of staying in the university. She just never got any reason to go there until today.

Her eyes immediately scan the place searching for her best friend, but she could not see that bright red hair. With a sigh, she walks further inside, ignoring the curious stares of the other students inside. Most probably the university swimming team.

Minjeong was busy looking for her best friend when she felt someone heavily bumping into her and everything happened so fast that she took a moment to realize that she’s damn falling into the pool.

And she does not know how to swim.

Damn, Yizhuo.

She tried her very best to swing her arms to keep herself afloat, but she couldn’t. And she is getting scared. She could feel the water entering her lungs and eyes and nose and she is feeling dizzy.

No, this is not part of the plan.

She is just supposed to get her things from her best friend and not to get drown. This is not part of the freaking plan.

She is still busy fighting for her life when she felt someone wrapping an arm around her neck and shoulders before pulling her.

“Hey hey, I got you.”

The moment Minjeong’s back felt the cold, wet, hard ground she coughed. She coughed so hard that she thought everything will gush out. She could feel someone gently patting her back as she coughs.

“Are you okay now?” Minjeong looked up after her coughing fits and saw a long dark-haired woman staring back at her, “Miss?”

That voice sounds familiar.

“Oh my god! Kim Minjeong!” Her answer got stuck in when she felt someone hugging her tight, “Oh god, you’re wet but are you okay?”

Minjeong nodded absentmindedly, still not grasping the fact that she almost loses her life but thankfully someone saved her.

“Excuse me, do you have extra clothes?” The kind woman who saved her earlier is still watching them, eyes still looking at her in concern.

Yizhuo shifts her gaze between the other two before answering on behalf of her best friend, “She doesn’t have extra clothes.”

The woman nodded at her before standing up, “Can you stand? I’ll let you borrow mine.”

She nodded silently, suddenly does not know how to speak. She is scared that the moment she opens she would only praise the woman in front of them.

And she is tall.

With a little help from Yizhuo and the woman, Minjeong stood up. Her body suddenly felt heavy.

The tall woman then led them to the lockers which they assume is for the swimming team. She watches as the former go through what Minjeong assumes is her bag.

“Here, you can wear this.” The woman reaches out a pair of jersey, “Uhm, it got my name though, but I think that’s better than those.” She gestures towards the damp clothes of Minjeong.

Yizhuo agreed, taking the clothes from the other woman, “Where can she change?”

The still unknown but nice woman pointed towards the cubicle, “You can change there.” She smiles, “Take your time. I’ll just wait outside.” And then she left.

And as soon as they were left alone, Yizhuo began asking Minjeong with questions, “What the hell happened?”

Minjeong released a shaky breath before grabbing the garments, “I’ll tell you later because I still have a class.”

“I think you should rest instead.” Yizhuo says as she watches her best friend enter the cubicle, “I’ll ask Chaeryeong to go with you.”

“No, I’m okay.”

“Minjeong.” Yizhuo’s stern face welcomes her the moment she got out of the cubicle wearing a rather loose hoodie and a bit long sweatpants.

She ignored her best friend’s worried gaze before speaking, “I swear, I’m okay.”

“That’s the first time you got into a pool after the accident,” Yizhuo says, her eyes not leaving the other woman, “I know you’re not okay.”

“But I am!”

Yizhuo smiles softly to her best friend, “You can fool anyone but me, Kim Minjeong and you know that.” She steps closer to the latter, “Just rest, okay? I’ll ask Ryeongie to go with you.”

After their mini argument and a lot of persuasion from Yizhuo to have her to rest, they both got out of the locker room. And the first thing they saw was something they both didn’t expect.

Jimin was busy scolding the freshmen who accidentally push Minjeong to the pool.  Jimin was just grateful that she saw what happened and prevent something worse to happen.

However, her lecture was cut short when she noticed the two shorter women approaching her. She glanced at the four freshmen in front of her before dismissing them.

“Are you okay now?”

The woman who almost got drown bowed at her, “Yes, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter