Chapter 2

After all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People say you won’t achieve anything if you don’t work hard for it. Nothing will happen if you just wait on the side for something to change.

Jimin worked hard to have what she has right now. She trained harder than anybody else. She trained hard to be the athlete and the person she is right now. No one would even dare question her ability because everyone saw it firsthand.

“You’re really going to swim today? In this freaking cold?” Her childhood best friend asked, just before she exits their shared apartment, “Are you insane?”

She couldn’t help but laugh at the wide eyes staring at her unbelievably, “We have a new season in a few months and you know I have to defend the title, Aeri.”

The other woman sighed from her seat, watching her best friend wear her shoes, “Just be careful, okay?”

“Okay, mom.” Jimin mocked before leaving their place, closing the door behind her.

It’s just the usual morning, people running to wherever their destination is to avoid getting late or what. It’s a usual sight for Jimin whenever she heads to their training with some students greeting her as she enters their university. She’s just glad their apartment is just a couple of minutes’ walk away from the university.

“Yoo Jimin!”

Hearing that loud voice immediately made her sigh before she felt an arm looping around her shoulder, “Can’t you just act like you missed me too?”

She rolled her eyes before prying the arm off of her shoulder, “We just saw each other last night, Yeji.”

Yeji grinned, “I know, but I still miss you.”

“Should I be jealous?”

The two of them turned around to face the owner of the soft voice, “Hi, Jisu.” Jimin greeted, smiling to her friend.

“And no, baby because I missed you more than I missed this .” Yeji smiles, her small eyes getting smaller as she grins to her girlfriend, “Anyway, don’t you have a class?”

“Got dismissed early.” Jisu grins as she hugs her girlfriend, before facing the quiet Jimin, “Do you guys have training?”

The two tall women nodded, “Yeah.”

Jisu’s eyes widens, “In this cold?”

“We’re having it indoor, don’t worry.” Yeji says, wrapping her arms around the smaller woman, “Where are you going though? I can’t stay with you.”

Jisu shakes her head, “I’ll be meeting with Yuna.” She says before leaving a chaste kiss to her girlfriend’s cheek with Jimin cringing beside them, “I’ll see you later. Take care you two.”

Once they were left alone, Yeji still have the eating grin, her eyes sparkling and Jimin couldn’t help be gross out. Relationship is just not her thing.

“Oh my god, stop grinning like an idiot!” Jimin hissed when her friend continues grinning like a madwoman beside her, “You look creepy!”

The other woman, however, doesn’t give a damn about whatever her friend is saying beside her, still feeling her girlfriend’s kiss from earlier. And with that, Yeji didn’t notice someone standing on her way.

And maybe because that someone is just too small for her to see.

“ sorry.” Yeji says as soon as she gets hold of the girl, “Are you okay?” 

Jimin could only sigh behind her friend watching the two interact before the small woman leaves with her friend in tow. Jimin and Yeji could only watch the two leave.

“It’s still too early for your clumsiness, Hwang Yeji.” Jimin snickered before leaving the girl still pouting at the back of the woman she bumped into.

The moment they reached their university pool area, there are already some of their members warming up on the side, so they immediately went towards their locker room to change.

“What took you so long?” One of their good friends and teammate, Heejin asked, surprising the newly arrived girls, “I thought you’ll get here first.”

“Then why wait for us when you can join the others outside?” Yeji asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I don’t know them.”

“You’ve been in the team for a year already and you still don’t know your members?” Yeji asked, her small eyes widening, “How come you know us then?”

Jimin and Heejin both looked at the feline eyed girl, “Are you serious?” Heejin asked, and she scoffed when she got a nod as a reply from the confused woman, “Yeji, we’ve been classmates since we were in middle school.”

“Oh right.”

The two could only shake their head at the stupidity of their friend. It’s not new to them anyway. The cat eyed girl has always been like that but that’s her charm and maybe that’s the reason a certain Choi Jisu fell in love with her as cheesy as it may sound.  

After they finished changing into more suitable clothes for their training, they immediately got out of the lockers. Some of their members are already doing lapses while some are still warming up on the side. Their coach, how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter