Chapter 1

After all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong was eight when she learned that you need to work hard for someone to love you. She was sixteen when she realized that it doesn’t matter how hard she strives if those people doesn’t care about you.

Entering university has its merits and downside. The first merit is she got to live away from her strict parents and live her life. The second one is she gets to live with her best friend. Lastly, she can stroll around at night without fearing that her parents would catch her. However, it still has its own downside. The only downside is doing chores which she isn’t really fond of in the first place.

“Kim Minjeong!”

Minjeong groaned on her bed as she heard the boisterous voice of her best friend downstairs. They are living in a two floor penthouse courtesy of her oh-so loving parents. Note the sarcasm.

“I told you not to leave your leftover outside the fridge!” And a bang, before she felt a hard slap on her , “How many times do I have to tell you to put them back inside the fridge if you can’t finish them?”

With a grumble, Minjeong reluctantly sat up rubbing her poor in the process before staring back at the furious woman in front of her, “Sorry, I forgot.”

“I swear, I can feel myself getting older each day I spend with you.”

“Girl, we’ve been together since we’re three.” Minjeong says as a matter of fact before standing up to wash up, “And besides those are expired anyways.”

“Then why not throw it out?”

She chuckled, “They weren’t expired last night.”

“My god, Kim Minjeong!”

Minjeong’s eyes widens as she saw her best friend grasping her skateboard before raising it in the air. She closes her eyes preparing herself for the hard hit she’s going to receive and maybe a broken skateboard as well.

But she fluttered her eyes open when she felt nothing a few moments and saw three pair of orbs staring at her.

“Oh, hi guys?” She waves her hand, grinning.

“We thought you’re already killing each other.” Chaeryeong, one of her good friends, sighed as she shakes her head, “I should’ve just let Yizhuo hit you.”

“That’s mean, Ryeong.”

“We’ve been waiting for hours downstairs, Kim Minjeong.” Ryujin, Chaeryeong’s not girlfriend, grumbled before grabbing the skate out of Yizhuo’s grasp, “And we’ll be late if you won’t start preparing right now.”

She looks at the digital clock resting on her side table, eyes widening after seeing how much time she has left to prepare, “Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?!” She complains, running towards her bathroom to have a quick shower or whatever.

“I’m going to prepare your clothes and things, just make it fast!” She heard Chaeryeong shouting back at her as she closes the bathroom’s door.

It didn’t take her that long to finish showering, quickly noticing the clothes Chaeryeong thankfully prepared on her bed. After fixing herself she immediately grabbed her bag which again was prepared by lovely Chaeryeong.

Once she got down, she saw her friends munching on toasts maybe because they are currently out of time. She quickly grabbed a piece of toast, taking a sit beside Yizhuo.

“Whose car are we going to use today?” She asked, still chewing on her food.

Ryujin raised her hand up instead of answering because is full of food. Minjeong cringed at that, even though she’s already used seeing her friend like that.

“Let’s go, I have calculus.” Yizhuo says, standing up before putting their dishes inside the dishwasher, “That old man isn’t really fond of latecomers.”

After making sure that they are ready to go, they immediately left. It didn’t even take them too long to reach their university not because Ryujin drives like a maniac on the road. Definitely not because of that.

“What the heck, Shin Ryujin?” Yizhuo hissed as they all hopped down of the car, almost barfing on the side.

Ryujin shrugged, “I thought you don’t want to be late.” She grinned as she avoids the incoming hits of the Chinese, “I basically saved your from your strict professor and this is what I get?!”

Minjeong could only shake her head as she watch two of her friends chasing each other in the hallway of their university along with quiet Chaeryeong.

“Why don’t you just date that girl, Chaeryeong?” She suddenly asked making the other girl gaped at her, “What? Ryujin needs someone who can tame the hell out of her and that’s you.”

Chaeryeong shakes her head, “No, we’re just friends and you of all people should know that.”

“Of course, I know but we’ll never know for sure.” She threw a short glance at the other woman as they follow their chaotic friends, “Life is unpredictable at times.”

And just like that she felt herself being bumped by another person. Minjeong stumbled upon the impact but thank god for the fast reflex of the person who bumped into her as she felt herself being pulled closer.

“ sorry.” Minjeong could feel the warm breathe on her forehead where the stranger’s lips are directed, “Are you okay?”

Minjeong gulped the forming lump on as she nodded before finally pulling away from the grasp of the woman, oh a woman, “Yeah, thank you.”

“Minjeong-ah, are you alright?” She felt Chaeryeong’s hand resting on her shoulder, waking her up from her shocked stance.

She glanced at the tall woman staring at her before shifting her gaze towards her friend, “Yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter