☻ABO SECONDARY GENDERS☻

🅢🅞🅝🅐🅡˜*°• 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘢𝘣𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱 •°*˜ ☻ Apply Coming Soon ☻
 

   𝖆𝖇𝖔 𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖊   

This story is the sister fic of THE CLAN and Victoriam. it is not necessary to read the other fics to apply to this one. 
In this universe, everyone has a secondary gender, along with their first gender of male or female. A secondary gender is typically the term used to describe the 'abo' status of a character. ABO stands for alpha, beta, and omega! Every fic has a different version of omegaverse/aboverse with specific biological rules and factors.

+ What are secondary genders?
Every person has two genders, their first, which is male or female, then followed by their secondary status of omega, beta, or alpha. Such as there are various secondary genders.

A different balance of hierarchy makes up the system of society that coexists with genders. The hierarchy of society comprises the most dominant members at the top of the scale, Alphas, followed by the middle ground Betas, ending with the most submissive and oppressed of the world, omegas.

Considering this is modern-day 2020, the old ways of the abo-verse have slowly changed and adapted to follow the new times, such as a lot more freedom and power for all genders. Although society is still not entirely fair, and there are evident gender inequality, but much less than in earlier years.

+ Pairs and Mating / Suppressants / Packs

In the world of secondary genders, all couples/pairs are typically welcome, except for a few odder or 'taboo' in certain countries, such as an alphaxalpha pair or omegaxomega. These pairings aren't as common in most societies but still possible.

Alphaxalpha pairs are the least likely to work amongst all pairings, considering the dominant nature of alphas, and some find this a bit unsavory such as older generations (although again, it's possible!).

In order to keep every gender safe, it is now the recommended (and expected in most cases) norm to use suppressants and scent blockers in order to suppress natural biology and pheromones/hormones.

Suppressants suppress heat and ruts, as well as the need to dominate or submit. Scent blockers also dull the scent of any gender and can make recognition of secondary genders a bit more difficult because it masks their gender-laced scent.

Most people use scent blockers every day to dull their scents to appropriate neutrality, although suppressants aren't used as commonly, except for specific cases. Suppressants are to be taken only by doctors' recommendations and not all the time or face the possibility of jacking up your body.

With heats and ruts, protection and precautions can obviously be used, such as birth control, condoms, etc. Typically though, when a person is undergoing a heat or rut, they go to a secluded spot and are absent from activities during this time. Such as with other aboverses, what binds a pair and makes them official mates is the mating bite.

Both parties will bite the other person to claim their mate that leaves them off the market for others. Once a person has been bitten, they typically cannot mate with another person because the biology of the pair syncs with each other. Biting without consent is considered illegal, and at times omegas especially, and some betas, are encouraged to wear neck coverings to protect themselves.

A mated pair enjoys scent marking as well, though this can also be used platonically to close friends and family members. Mating bites are typically only given after marriage, or at least, supposed to be. It's common for all genders to be mixed in friend groups. A pack is the people you are most comfortable with and trust.

A pack is typically family and close friends. Every pack is different, although, the balance is the same. If someone invades the pack, it can cause discomfort for all parties and upset the dynamic. People do not like others except for their pack touching their things or scent marking.

   𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖍𝖆𝖘   

as stated above, they are the most dominant of society. They are typically thought of as strong and fierce leaders with an intense amount of heavy pheromones that can force another gender or lesser alpha to submission. Although, the use of heavy, more intoxicating pheromones to control another person is now considered illegal and an act of harassment or abuse. Alphas are the 'top' of the ladder, meaning both female and male alphas can also impregnate others. It is considered a high honor to be born an alpha, a very coveted role in society. Alphas are thought of as the most successful with strong characteristics that connect them to their roots of biology. They're the strongest and typically the biggest people that usually are known for their confidence and aggression. (though this is not all alphas, the personality traits of what once were the norm of this gender have decreased and morphed over time, so most alphas only show more aggressive and dominant sides during or close to their rut period.) Alphas have the highest chance of impregnating another during their own rut or an omega's heat. Alphas can impregnate others during other times of the year, but the probability of that happening is a meager percentage. Female alphas have as little as a 35% chance of becoming pregnant, as this is more of a new mutation in current society, considering they typically do the impregnation as well. One of the most critical aspects of alpha biology is their knot, which is what separates them from other secondary genders. An alpha has a rut period that usually occurs once every three months, although this can change depending on the alpha. Ruts can last between a few days to a week at the very most, and it's a period of time where an alpha is at its prime and has an enormously increased libido paired with heavy aggression. When an alpha mates during rut, they insert the knot at the base of their into another person that locks the two in place for up to an hour, which helps with conception. It is nearly impossible to be sated during a rut without a partner, but most alphas take this time alone to suffer or use a willing rut partner.

   𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖆𝖘   

out of all the genders, betas are the most level and balanced with hormones. They are neutral middle ground with a noticeably lighter pheromone level, typically used to calm others around them. Betas are not easily affected by the scents of alphas or omegas, but they can become affected by extremely potent aromas. To make a beta submit is more challenging than an omega but still possible. They are considered more intelligent nurturers in past society. Betas are deemed to be the highest of the population across the globe, the majority of society. Male betas can experience light ruts and impregnate, whereas female betas can experience light heats and conceive. Conception and impregnation are a bit more complicated with betas than the other genders, with about 75% chance. There is an even smaller chance for male beta pregnancy, around 40% at most. Betas can also help to dull the sensations of a heat or rut when focusing concentrated pheromones.

   𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖌𝖆𝖘   

the lowest on the ladder of society, omegas are by far the most oppressed gender. They are the most submissive of all genders yet have strong parental instincts in most omegas. Omegas, despite gender inequality, are very precious to the function of society. Omegas are the most fertile of all genders and have a 100% pregnancy rate. This rate is at its highest when an omega is undergoing their heat period. Heats are most common from every two months to every month, depending on the omega. Such as an alpha, during a heat, the omega has an extreme increase in libido and at their most vulnerable. Aggression isn't common in many omegas. Instead, submission is the reigning trait of the gender. Male omegas are born with a womb and self-lubrication that enables them to become pregnant. Neither male nor female omegas can impregnate another. There has been a shallow success rate across the globe of male omegas impregnating another person, about 2%.