Chapter 2: Serenity

Before the eclipse

Chapter 2

 

 

Her bestfriend was amazed and to her little sister when Jennie entertained herself to Dahyun. And to think of it, Dahyun is demanding Jennie to give her snacks before she can pinch her adorable soft cheeks, she knew Jennie adores her like her own sister. Smiled to what she saw that Jennie seems to understand Dahyun really well. After a week Jennie comes back to the vacation with them, reintroduce her to Dahyun, because she doesn't have a time to familiarize Jennie. After they parted with Dahyun away few years ago during the time they need to go for college.

 

Seulgi wave to them and goes back to kitchen counter to help Wendy before Jennie can reply to her.

 

It was likely a nerve-wrecking to Jennie whose a friendly to cute things got her karma unfortunately this big time. Even from the start Dahyun was aloof to her, but not this like she was a virus. Maybe, the symptoms gradually take over Dahyun completely that was told by Seulgi few years ago to her on unexpected time. Jennie can't help but to wish she would swap her life to Dahyun. She blink her eyes when she heard a tapping noise out of a gadget. Thus, she recognized it's Dahyun across from her.

 

She saw Dahyun scrolling down something in her phone, after that look, to her in curiosity, a crease forehead light up in her face. "Who are you?" She can see her confusion written not because there's no mirror but after Dahyun asked. "Mina? Shuhua? Na-" Dahyun didn't get to finish the name because Jennie shove a piece of bread on .

 

"Is the reality you always have?" Jennie said, twitch her eyes as she can't accept the fact Dahyun was like that.

 

She twist her vision to the group of her friends that is into games and focus to them. They're Jisoo, Mina, Nayeon, Jeongyeon with her crazy antics to diverge their attention to the game. While Sana and Momo was there to support the losing team which is Jeongyeon and Nayeon.

 

Jennie felt like she wanted to know that day when she visited Seulgi. Her mind flow to another moment she never dare to imagine it's not a joke, but a reality she can't grasped for her bestfriend.

 

She look to Dahyun absently and goes to Seulgi to report what happening to her sister. "I don't think it's impossible when she got your monolid too. But why she's like that to me only. Is that my long lost sister?" She make a sound of telling to both of them.

 

Jennie saw that pain in her bestfriend eyes. It weren't even there, until she jokes about her sister.

 

She skate to the kitchen counter even Dahyun gave her again a raised eyebrow that has a behavior of the opposite to Seulgi, "I felt sorry that I was like that to others. She is somewhat my replica though. Isn't she like my sister because she's too sassy?" She placed the drink and snacks that she bought for them.

 

"Are you alright?" she said looking for answers how her bestfriend sob after she turned around. "What happened?" and a part of her tried to consol but became awkward.

 

She tap slowly, like a pat to a little cat, offered a drink to her.

 

Seulgi swallowed a lump that makes her whimper, "She's not going to have a normal life. Jen, she...I don't know why it's her. She tried to hide she is okay but it's not." She succumb to her hands and covered her face.

 

Jennie weren't able to tell her a words to her, but she talk once again, "Is it the reason why you babysit her even she's a teenager? It's going to be okay for her. Don't worry everything she have right now will be cured no matter what." She hope she shouldn't said it. Because Seulgi was curled down and saying some words she doesn't understand.

 

It's starts like a jargon and alien word to her.

 

"Can you repeat that? Please." Jennie walk to her and hold her just as much she can lull her not to cry again.

 

Seulgi tried, the words comes off weird, eventually after few seconds she decided to explain, "Just understand her. I don't want to impose but I hope you can find yourself to accept Dahyun situation. She is Dahyun after all. Whenever she will ask you something it's because she can't comprehend really well to remember it like before or the normal." The world crumbling down to Seulgi after she confessed. In ner mind, she can't accept but to chase anything else to show that her sister is going okay.

 

"Hey! Where you traveling in another dimension?" she said to unknown girl, touch her elbow slightly to stop her daze on the wall perhaps.

 

Jennie shriek, jumping to another side that she can't help but feel embarrassed. "I'm Jennie or Nini. Don't call me Ate anymore. You did it yesterday." She couldn't help but wonder if this is a good news that Dahyun was like contemplating of it.

 

Dahyun wish to understand why she can't remember this person that giving a vibe she can't put like the others, "Your call. Can I know why you're like that to me? I don't know if I can ask you about..." an interesting view for her to see a trouble pout lingering to the sophisticated lady. Not because she was dress to impress, but the flow of her aura. Brings her into some known place she listed on the bucket list.

 

A visit to fashion world without meaning to scrutinize yourself. But to understand the meaning of every details intricate on those fabrics turn to beautiful masterpiece called art.

 

A disrupt to Jennie's daydream, present on her face contours the amount of adoring smile. "You can speak freely to me." She met Dahyun eyes with a different kind one she used to had yesterday. "Does it matter to you that I was like that?" A sigh escape in her when she conclude it's not Dahyun yesterday, but a new Dahyun today.

 

"I can assure that there's something wrong or accurate in my notes. Are you the one longing for Lisa?" Dahyun point out the name specifically for the way it's intriguing her. Her hands sway dismissively, "Under your name have Lisa with heart, it write also your my bestfriend which is not odd, and thats it. I mean I can't understand why it's not something like your features or the normal things I might write to know who you are." She confessed with disgrace that sounds disappointment.

 

Jennie blink suddenly as it should be, she wasn't able to explain to her. "What do you think about the moon yesterday?" Her nose crinkle for a bit that it was notice by Dahyun.

 

Dahyun is so serious about this whole conversation with Jennie, one thing she heard is there's a demanding beat in her mind or heart per se, could it be, but it's irrational. She knows what she want to ask, neither of those she recited, just like that again, she buried it on little boxes that wasn't too much occupied.

 

Dahyun join the flow of topic Jennie open to her. "Do you mean what happened to me? Because if it is," She met her eyes and copy the way Jennie brings to her. So intense of looking for answers that may arise without bringing the hidden layers underneath those questionable eyes. "I don't know what was that but I know the feelings from it." she finally told her, the two bullets listed on her bucket list was crossed out. 

 

She stopped it. The first time to be reluctant in behalf of provided warning notes that Jennie is off limits to get a hold of who she is in her daily lives. More of, like a surprise thing to Dahyun to cease the opportunity to befriend her not because of she knows what's in the notes.

 

Before she can get to write it down in her Google Keep about the same dominant of jotting down in the field of Jennie's characteristics. Specially it is there with a provided reminder that she can't get to specify her. 

 

The mannerism she noticed from her, crinkle of her forehead, she was surprised byt nonetheless its too natural to her. To be affectionate and bold enough to initiate a different kind of approach. "Isn't it weird? We're asking each other. I don't know why need to say this, it's not you, when you smile to them. Trying to get by not to notice your hiding it in your poker face. You don't have to channel your mask to me." And then, the hand of her in her cheek was gone. "I'm your moon, right. It means that you can be yourself to me. Try my handmade chocolate snacks on them, Irene will give you my gift to you, Nini, and let me know if you want another." Before Jennie would reach out to her, she passed by her with a smile to her, and go to another person Jennie looking for, during her monologue to her.

 

Her selonophile, she wish it wouldn't matter to her, if it's true or not, that maybe it's highlighted as she can be to Jennie.

 

She finally found out who is Lisa to Jennie from how she adore her right from the start. Where Lisa shout to the door, goofly took a hand wave to a particular person on the group of friends.

 

Jennie found herself to be outed by Dahyun for what she heard after she whispered to her.

 

Dahyun mumbled to her, "Your serenity is here." Parting to Jennie and goes to the girl labelled as more than friend of the two person's in her life.

 

---

 

From Google image.

 

---