Next Door

ONEUS' Leedo Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Warning: This chapter contain slightly strong language, depictions of violence, disturbing content that may not be suitable and upsetting for some readers.]

 

It has been a few months since you had a new neighbour. It is not the common for people to rent and certainly not a safe place to rent but you actually have no choice. This place was the nearest to public transport facilities and it make easier for you to reach your work place early.

You only saw him once while he was loading all his stuffs in his house with his friends. You were tired and when you arrived, your way were blocked by a few boxes in front of your door. You were quite lost and does not know what to do at the moment because all you could think is get inside and land on the couch. Your back is hurting you badly. Before you could come back to your sense, a man greet you.

He is gorgeous. His hair was not short and not long either. It was a really a nice cut. Though it was midnight, you could see his hair color with the corridor's lights. It was dark green with a few streaks of grey highlight. His body was well built too and you could not help but staring at his toned chest. Flustered, you bow back. "Are these yours?", you asks and he nods.

"I'm sorry. I'll move it really quick.", he add before you could say anything. He called his friends to help him with the boxes in front of your door because they were blocking your way. Two of his friends quickly came and apologise you for the inconvenience. Well, if everyone in this world are like this would it be great? , you thought. As soon as they cleared the boxes, he introduced himself and so you did.

However, you never see him again but you know he is still living next to your door. He went out early in the morning and when you came back home, he was probably already home. You reached home every day around midnight which is actually very exhausting but you have no choice.

 

 

You are quite happy that you got off work early because most of your works are all done so you head home to cook dinner and accidentally had extra dinner but you are sure that you could not finish it in a day or two even you keep heating it up. So you decided to pack it nicely in a container along with a few side dishes that you mother made for you. They were your favourite.

When you done, you brought it to next door. You ring his bell but no one answer it. So you decided to leave it by the door. You went back into your house and make a note before sliding down under his door. The next day, the container was no where to be found in front of his door and sigh in relief knowing that he already took the food you left for him. I hope the food is still good when he took it, you thought.

You went out quite early today and to your luck his door unlock and reveal the gorgeous man. "Good morning, Mr. Kim Geonhak.", you greet him. He was surprise when you greet him but he reply you back anyways. Before you could initiate another conversation he walk away, seems rushing. You look at your watch on you wrist and it was almost eight in the morning.

"It was still early. Why is he so rushing...?", you wonder to yourself.

 

 

It has been a few day you went out early in the morning and almost everyday you bumped into him and greets him. He replied you as usual but that just it. He did not seems to initiate anymore conversation so you just brush it off. Well, at least he reply to your morning greetings.

 

 

You are not feeling well and decided to take a rest for the day. That night, you went to the nearby convenience store to buy some foods because you were lazy to cook. While you were walking towards your home, someone yanked you away from the street which made you accidentally shout out of surprise. The bag which is full of your foods drops on the ground but you could not care. Seems like your life is in danger now.

The person then covered your mouth, trying muffle down your voice but you were freaking out and bite his palm. 

He reeks of alcohol. 

The person hissed because of the pain and let you go. ", that hurt as .", he said. 

You recognised that voice and when you were about to run away the man pull you again. It was your abusive ex-boyfriend.

"If you shout again, I'll beat you up.", he said as he pushed you against the wall in the alley.

"What do you want?", you bravely ask him though you were scared of him. You should not be scared of him anymore. He is no one and he cannot hurt you anymore. He can't hurt me anymore, you told yourself. You tried to push him away from you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter