Chapter One: First Encounter

I Only Have Eyes For You
Please log in to read the full chapter

"That's why I need to come in here to pick up the book," Taehyung explained to Yoongi. He stopped listening to the moment Taehyung told him they needed to walk across the campus to the library to grab a couple of books for his class. Taehyung would always do things like this, ever since they were kids. Taehyung and Yoongi go way back to elementary school when they bonded over some Pokémon cards at recess. He knew his best friend so well and part of him knew he would do this just to piss him off.

"This is why I hate meeting up with you after class," Yoongi complained as he fixed his backpack. Yoongi loved hanging out with his friend Taehyung but absolutely hated meeting up with him after class since Taehyung always found something new for them to do. Sometimes they would go to the gym or go out to school events. Yoongi preferred being alone in his apartment and listening to music. 
They walked into the library. Taehyung skimmed around the room looking for the help desk. "I am going to go ask for help." Taehyung turned to Yoongi and whispered. "I will catch you in a bit okay?" 
"Mmmm." Yoongi hummed as he fixed his shirt and watched his friend disappear to the help desk. He kept his eyes on his friend and watched as Taehyung walked off with the Librarian. 
Yoongi looked around the room and noticed all the students sitting on the table with their heads hanging low. They scribbled words on paper, gazing at their textbooks, sighing, and grabbing their hair in frustration. Sometimes he hated college but he only had two-semester left and he would be done. He walked past the frustrated college students and headed to the stairs. He bolted up the stairs to the second floor, they had more books to choose from upstairs and it had a beautiful view of the campus. 
He arrived on the second floor and looked out the huge window. He watched as students walked down the sidewalk to head to their classes. He sighed remembering he had to pick up some toilet paper and dish soap. He was running low and he did not want to go out during the week to buy necessities.

Yoongi hated walking out of his apartment. He preferred picking up all the things he needed for his home on Sundays and staying in the rest of the day to catch up on homework or watch some tv. Yoongi was the complete opposite of Taehyung. He preferred solitude and did not enjoy the company of large crowds. In fact, most crowds would make him uncomfortable which is why he would avoid them as much as possible. However, Taehyung would force him to tag along because he hated the idea of his best friend sitting around in his apartment taking naps all day like a cat.

Yoongi walked off and headed towards the large bookshelf. He wasn't looking for any book in particular and was just killing time engrossed in his own thoughts while he read title by title. He kept doing that for a couple of minutes until something caught his attention. 
There she was. Her hair was down falling past her shoulders. She had a pink blouse under her black apron. She was skimming through the books on the top aisle of the bookshelf and kept her eyes glued to every single author's name. She continued skimming and sighed as she looked down at a list scribbled with words. She pulled out her pen from her apron and wrote something on the note. She dragged her feet against the carpet make a small noise that caught Yoongi's attention. She walked past him and made eye contact. She smiled at him with a radiant smile showing her pearly whites. Yoongi's heart skipped a beat and kept his gaze on the girl in front of him. 
"Hi, is there anything I can help you with?" She voiced out over a whisper but good enough for Yoongi to listen. Her voice was lovely it was not too high-pitched or too low, just perfect. It was soothing to Yoongi.

Yoongi cleared his throat and looked at the girl. "Yes." He lied, he did not want to say no and watch her disappear from him. He wanted to hold a conversation with the girl standing in front of him.

"What can I help you with?" She smiled as she took a step closer to him. 
Yoongi's eyes widened as he got a sniff of her perfume. It smelled like flowers and it captivated his sense of smell. Even her perfume was pretty. "I am looking for this book, The Great Gatsby." 
Her eyes brightened the moment she heard the name of the book. "Ahhh yes!" She pointed out. "Follow me."

Yoongi followed after her and watched as she walked him over to a different area. 

"The book is located in the F section. We go by last names here." She skimmed the books so effortlessly as if she knew where exactly the books were located. Her fingers pulled a small blue book from the shelf. She handed Yoongi the book. "Here you go." She smiled at him once more.

"Thank you." Yoongi bowed slightly and kept his gaze on the girl. 
"Yeah, no problem." She smiled again. "Anything else that I can do for you?" 
Yeah. Yoongi thought to himself. Want to go on a date? He really liked her smile and her voice. She was different from other girls he had gone out with. Maybe it was the way her hair fell against her back or the way she smiled at him when she noticed him staring. 
"No, but I do have a question." He asked. She looked at the boy and nodded. "Can you check me out?" 
Yoongi follows her as she leads them to the closest checkout counter. He watched as she logged in and scanned the book. She placed the book in front of him, her eyes never leaving the computer screen.
"Do you have a library card with us?" She asked as she looked away from the computer screen to lock eyes with Yoongi. 
"Ummm no," Yoongi uttered. 
"Do you have your student I.D?" She asked as she typed something on the computer.

Yoongi pulled out his ID and handed it over to her. She grabbed the ID and stared at it. "Min Yoongi." She whispered.
Wow. Yoongi thought to himself. He loved the way she pronounced his name, so effortlessly without a mistake. He now imagined her whispering his name as he made love to her. 
"I like your name." She stated, bringing him back from his own thoughts. He started to get warm and red. 
"Thanks." He stated coldly. He looked at the name tag on her chest. Hana. 
"You have a beautiful name too. It means flower in Japanese huh?" 
"Yes." She sighed. "My dad for some reason really likes the way it sounds and decided it would be my name." 
"It's beautiful." He stated as he kept his gaze fixed on her hair. She was so captivating in his eyes. 
"Thank you." She chuckled. "Let me get you a library card." 
"Thank you," Yoongi stated politely. 
"How come you never got a library card?" Hana asked as she handed back his student ID card. 
"I never had the time to come in and create one." He responded. 
"You been at this school for four years and you have not created one!" She chuckled as she continued typing on the computer. 
"How did you know that?" Yoongi chuckled darkly. 
Hana's eyes widened. "It says on your ID the day you

Please log in to read the full chapter