Chapter 12

Marrying a stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina wakes up feeling exhausted and groggy.

 

Her whole body feels like it's in between numbness and searing pain. She takes a look around the room and sees Jeongyeon sitting on a chair next to her bed while still holding on to her hand. The girl's head is resting on Mina's bed which tells her that the girl is asleep. She tries to speak but feels dry so she moves her hand to wake Jeongyeon up.

 

"Hey. You're awake. Do you need anything? Do you feel any pain? I should call the doctors right? Right." Jeongyeon wakes up from her light sleep and presses on the call button to signal that they need assistance in the room.

 

"Water." Mina utters with a raspy voice. She watches as Jeongyeon quickly moves to get a bottled water from the small fridge, pours water in a glass and adjusts the way the bed is reclined so her wife can drink better without choking.

 

"Where's- where's our baby? Is she okay?" Mina asks after gulping down a glass of water. She's finally able to speak better.

 

"She's fine. She's in the newborn nursery. She got a few tests done earlier and her results will come out soon. It's just to check if she's a hundred percent healthy. You can see her after a few hours. You need to eat first." Jeongyeon starts moving around the hospital room again, trying to pry open the boxes of food their families have left behind for them to eat.

 

"Did you at least take a photo? I want to see her so bad." Mina unconsciously pouts which Jeongyeon finds amusing. She chuckles a bit but gets her phone out to let her wife see some photos that she took of their daughter from earlier.

 

"She's beautiful, Mina. She's got your perfect nose and my lips. She hasn't fully opened her eyes yet so we don't know the exact color of her eyes but she's perfect. Her fingers and toes are so small, I was so scared to hold her. You did well. Thank you. Thank you for sharing this experience with me." Jeongyeon tearfully said as she leans on the bed where Mina is lying to show her wife the photos of their daughter.

They were in that position when they both hear the door click open.

 

It's the doctor making his rounds to check on Mina to ensure that the new mother is feeling better after six hours of intensive childbirth.

 

"You can go see your baby now if you'd like. I'll ask your assigned nurse to bring baby Yoo over. We've finished our tests and the baby has rested well so you can hold her." The doctor informs the couple.

 

"We'd very much appreciate that, doctor. Thank you so much." It was Jeongyeon who then sees the doctor off.

 

"Mina, please prepare your heart 'cause you're about to witness your greatest competition in who is God's favorite." Jeongyeon smiles brightly at her wife and Mina couldn't help but chuckle at how childish Yoo Jeongyeon is.

 

----------XXX--------

6 Months later...

 

"Are you hungry baby? What can I do to make you feel better?" Mina overhears Jeongyeon talking to their daughter inside their bedroom. She was downstairs preparing for their dinner when she heard Kammy wailing so she immediately runs to their room to check. She slowly opens the door to see her wife standing in the middle of the room, their baby in her arms as she makes googly eyes at their daughter while softly trying to rock her body back and forth. Jeongyeon's hair is tousled, she's in her home clothes but she's still wearing her eyeglasses which means she's probably still reading some documents on her computer while watching over their child.

 

"Do you want milk? Do you want mommy? Am I not enough for you?" She hears Jeongyeon talk as she starts blowing a raspberry on their daughter's tummy, trying to make the child laugh which did the trick because Kammy started giggling.

 

"Why are you trying to guilt trip your infant daughter? You're acting like a child." Mina says out of the blue which makes Jeongyeon jolt in surprise. She enters the room to sit on the bed, looking up at Jeongyeon who's still standing.

 

"Hey. Don't scare me like that. I thought you're downstairs you almost gave me a heart attack." Jeongyeon starts rubbing at her chest which made Mina roll her eyes at how dramatic this woman in front of her is who's supposedly a beast in the business world according to an article she has read about her wife.

 

"Give her to me and finish setting up the table. The food is done  I just need you to finish getting the plates and cutlery out so we can start eating. I'll feed Kammy first and try to put her to sleep. You can eat ahead." Mina starts lifting her shirt up to let their daughter on her for milk so Jeongyeon immediately moves her gaze away from her wife towards the display case of the lego builds she has inside their bedroom. Mina chuckles at how her wife has acted but decides to not for it.

 

"I'll just wait for you. It's sad to eat alone. I've been eating my food alone at the company since secretary Kim is on his annual break." Jeongyeon says after a short while, she opens t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter