Winter Wonderland

Musical Memoir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan watched as Jongdae walked in and out of the bathroom. He never planned on staying the night, but . . . he got addicted to Mortal Combat. Laying on the bed, he felt something tickle his foot. He sat up, to see Jongdae smiling at him. "Morning". He sat up, and took the coffee Jongdae handed out to him. "Thanks. I'm sorry . . . for, you know". Jongdae looked at his PS4, before chuckling. "I let you win. You should take a shower". Luhan rolled his eyes. "Why? Is your bed dirty or something?" He picked at the bed sheet. "This isn't my bed, it's Kyungsoo's". Luhan looked around the room. "Who are your roomies?" "Kyungsoo and Junmyeon. I thought you knew that . . . for some reason". Luhan leaned forward. His head was pounding and he needed to pee. "Where's everybody else?" "Class," Jongdae informed him. He climbed off the bed and walked over to the window. "The courtyards a mess". Luhan stood next to him. He nodded, sipping his coffee. "I'm late for class". "We're skipping todays lessons, I'm not in the mood for lectures". Luhan nodded in agreement. "I should go". "You don't have to leave. Kyungsoo's not going to be back for hours, plus I was going to get a coffee from Penial, do you want to tag along?" Luahn sighed. "No. I'll skip, thanks. I need get back to my room. But . . . I'll see you later, probably". Jongdae smiled. "Of course. Thanks for last night, I really enjoyed it". Luhan nodded. They stared at each other for a moment, before Luhan picked up his shoes. "See you later, Jongdae".

It was quiet inside the dorm, and Luhan started wondering if anyone came back last night. He slammed the door, and Ztao sprung up from behind the couch, a crisp wrapper stuck to his face. "That the ? What are you doing here?" Ztao looked around. "This isn't my room, is it?" "No. I'd ask you to leave, but I really don't care. Just . . . whatever". He walked past Ztao and into Minseok's room. Words wouldn't form, as Luhan was welcomed by frantic movement and an embarrassed Minseok. "Morning Minseok, have you seen Baekhyun?" Minseok stared at him. "Uh . . . no". Another head opped up, and Luhan almost dropped dead on the floor. he stared at Minseok, and pointed. "What's he doing here? In bed . . with you?" Luhan looked at Chanyeol, then back at Minseok. "I'm about to pass out. Explain yourselves". Minseok sat up, looking down at his hands. "We're together . . . surprise". Luhan stared at him. "What!?" Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Minseok's shoulder. "Me and Minseok are together. We're dating". Minseok looked at Luhan, smiling a little. "Dating?" "Basically". Luhan stared at Chanyeol. "No. Not 'basically', what the ? You guys . . . together . . . seriously?" Chanyeol climbed out the bed, and Luhan looked away. "I'm not . Why are you so surprised, anyway?" "Because . . . I thought you liked Jongdae". Minseok groaned. "Stop saying that". Chanyeol looked at Minseok. "Wait . . . you like Jongdae?" Minseok his head. "No, no. I like you. Don't listen to him, he's being a ". Minseok took Chanyeol's hands, wrapping them around his waist. "Me and Jongdae are just friends, so don't panic". Chanyeol smiled, and Minseok kissed him softly. The moment was ruind by Luhan gagging, and they stopped. "Was there something you wanted?" He shook his head. "No, I just hate affection. Well, I'm going to get coffee and stuff. See you later, lovebirds". Minseok rolled his eyes, as Luhan left. "He's okay". Chanyeol laid back down. "So . . . are we 'officially' dating?" Minseok laid down next to him. "Take me to dinner first, and we'll see". They kissed again, and Minseok snuggled into Chanyeol's chest. "Can we sleep for now?" "Yeah".

 

"What is this?" Luhan asked, sipping his chai latte. He and Jongdae were sitting outside the café, drinking lattes and coffee's. "I don't know dude, have you seen Minseok? I wanted to tell him about the production schedules". "He's occupied with Chanyeol," Luhan said, rolling his eyes. "Leave a message after the beep. Beep". Jongdae smiled, sighing in disappointment. "It's nothing important. Just let him know . . . I'd like him to swing by later. That's all". Luhan stared at him, before frowning. "Am I missing something? You two are still friends? Correct?" Jongdae nodded. He swung his bag across his back, before shrugging. "Just let him know, I'll see you later Luhan". The smell of coffee was distracting Luhan, as he tried to focus on what Jongdae meant. Was he mad? So many questions, that have yet to be answered. He picked up his cup, and left the café. As if the devil was watching, as he turned to the left, he bumped right into Bakehyun. His coffee spilled, all over Baekhyun's white jacket, getting into the crevasse of each sequin, that was sewn onto the shoulder pads. "You idiot!" Baekhyun shouted. He looked up at Luhan, anger all over his face. "Are you serious, not one apology?" Luhan looked at his empty coffee cup, then at Baekhyun's jacket. "Micheal Jackson called, he wants his jacket back". Baehyun didn't laugh. He wiped his arms, the coffee seeping into the fabric. "Oh my god. This jacket was more expensive than your . . . stupid latte". Luhan wanted to jump into a bowl of acid. "Calm down. It will wash out, trust me". "I've had enough of your !," Baekhyun grabbed Luhan's collar, pulling their faces closer. "This mean war. Watch your ing back, Luhan". He let go, storming past Luhan. Luhan stood there, staring at his, now empty coffee cup. A girl passed him, looking at the mess on the floor. "I saw what happened. What are you going to do now?" Luhan looked at her. "The right thing. Time to get revenge!". He slammed his fist into his palm, like an anime character. The girl laughed. "So . . . are you busy later?" He looked around, before leaning closer to her. "Keep this between you and me. But, I like too". The girl leaned away from him slowly, and Jongdae watched in amusement. "Oh . . . I don't judge". She turned away. Luhan and Jongdae looked at each other. "You're nuts Luhan. What were you thinking?" he smirked. "I'm a troublemaker. What can I say". The doors opened, and Sehun gave a wide smile. "What are you doing?" He grabbed Luhan's shoulders. "Y-y-your never gu-guess wha-ha-what". "Tell me. Did someone die?" Sehun shook his head. "Min-n-nseok and Ch-chany-y-yeol. Are da-d-dating". The smile Sehun's face couldn't get any wider. Luhan looked behind at Jongdae. "Did you know about this?" Jongdae shook his head. "No". "Since when?" Sehun shrugged. "D-don't kno-know". He grabbed Luhan's hand, yanking him away from Jongdae. He pulled away. "Sehun. Where are you taking me first, before I follow you?" Sehun looked at him. "T-t-to con-gr-gratulate th-them". Jongdae chuckled. "If that's what you want to do. Then let's go," he grabbed Luhan's hand. "Come on". Luhan groaned. "Jesus".

 

Baekhyun handed out fliers to every person he passed. "It's tonight, at 8, on the dot". He smiled charmingly, as people took a flier. The event was really special for him, as it only happened once a year. But this time was different, he was going to ask Sehun to come with him. He was only doing it to get a reaction from Luhan, who was clearly getting too close with Sehun. As he handed out the last flier, he adjusted his sleeves and headed for the cafeteria. It wasn't busy, which made sense. The chances of finding Sehun before class started, were becoming harder. Baekhyun had 2 classes with Sehun; Music Note Arrangement and Dance class. The chances of getting Sehun to talk, were slim, especially in dance, but it couldn't wait. He had to do this now, before Luhan beat him to it. Looking down at the fliers, he shoved them into a bin, and sprinted into the main building. It was too busy in the hallways, and Baekhyun was beginning to panic. He raced up the stairs and into his father. "Baekhyun? You're not late for class are you, because I don't approve of tardi-" "Where's the editing room?" Mr. Byun stared at him. "What?" Baekhyun clenched his fists, looking into hi dads eyes. "I'm looking for the Photography room?" Mr. Byun smiled. "It's in bay D, 4th floor. Why? You're in performance clas-" Baekhyun dashed off, not caring about his dad's question. Didn't his dad realize, he was racing against the clock.

 

Minseok fiddled with one of the wires at the computer. It had been tampered with, thanks to the clue, a missing connection beneath the rubber. Chanyeol stood up, stretching his back. "I'm going to get a snack, coming?" He rubbed Minseok's shoulder. "No," he objected. "I want to fix this". Chanyeol looked at the wire, before taking it out of Minseok's hand. "Just one?" He kissed Minseok's head, signaling at the door. "Bring me one back. With almond milk". Sehun laughed. He enjoyed Minseok's wittiness and humor. "Almond milk? Why that one?" "I'm a Vegan". Chanyeol nodded. "Okay," he backed out the door. "Sehun, do you want anything?-" Sehun shook his head. "A new wire, maybe?" Minseok laughed at Chanyeol's failed joke. "J-j-just g-go". Chanyeol closed the door, and Minseok slumped into his char. "He's so weird. But, my best friend is weirder". Sehun looked at him, resting his head against his palm. "B-bestf-f-friend?" Minseok nodded. "You know Luhan". Sehun nodded, smiling sweetly. "I l-l-like hi-him. Don't kn-kno-know him t-t-that we-well". Minseok chuckled. "He's a funny kid". A knock at the door, broke the silence in the room. Minseok stood up, reaching for the door handle. "Baekhyun? What are you doing here?" Sehun turned around, staring as though a secret had just been busted. "Oh. I wanted to talk to you. I mean, not you. Sehun". Minseok looked behind him, and raised his eyebrows in Sehun's direction. "Should I leave?" Baekhyun shook his head. "Just a quick question, Sehun. But . . . do you want to go out with me?" The question took everyone by shock. Sehun went quiet. He hadn't ever talked to Baekhyun, not because he didn't want to. But because he always took him for a dickhead. "Uh . . . s-s-sure". "Wait, really?" Minseok asked. "Y-yeah. Like bo-b-boyf-friend" Baekhyun nodded. "O-k-kay. I'll be y-y-your b-boyfr-fr-freind". Minseok was quiet, as he watched the awkwardness. Baekhyun engulfed Sehun in a tight hug. "Now we can go to the dance". "I thought you wasn't going Sehun?" Sehun shook his head, smiling widely. "I a-a-am now". Baekhyun clapped in excitement. "Okay, well. Come to my dorm later, and pick me up. I'll be waiting". Baekhyun kissed Sehun's cheek, before leaving. Chanyeol returned, looking confused. "Was Byun just here?" Minseok nodded. "What's wrong with him?" "I ha-have a d-d-date". Chanyeol laughed, and handed Sehun a coffee cup. "No you don't". Minseok nodded. "Yes he does. Baekhyun asked him out, like, 2 seconds ago. You missed it". Chanyeol sat down. "Did you say 'no'?" "I ag-agree-ed". Chanyeol almost choked on his coffee. "What!? Why didn't you stop him?" Minseok nudged his leg. "Don't be like that. Congratulate him". Chanyeol sighed, leaning back in his chair. "Is t-t-here a prob-b-blem?" "No," Chanyeol shook his head. "I'm just disappointed. How could you stoop so low". Sehun turned around, continuing with his editing. "S-s-someone act-t-tually likes m-m-me, and y-y-ou don't c-c-care". Minseok looked at Chanyeol,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter