The Boy Is Mine

Musical Memoir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was earlier than usual, when Luhan woke to the sound of music. He sat up, looking around the room. Did he fall asleep in Baekhyun's room, because he was still in his company. He climbed out of bed, almost stepping on Baekhyun's head. Minseok was already up, cooking something in the kitchen, humming what sounded like a theme song. He sighed, stretching his arms and walking out the room. "You're in a good mood". Luhan sighed, sitting on the sofa. He watched as Minseok danced around the kitchen, not paying attention to the eggs that were frying on the stove. The smell was terrible, and Luhan was silently gagging. His efforts were thrown out the window, when Baekhyun came storming in though the front door. His face was red from the cold and he had a small bruise on his cheekbone. The door slammed shut, causing Minsoek to jump. He gasped as he took in Baekhyun's face. "Your face! Baek . . . what happened?" Luhan looked over at him, smirking sheepishly. "Did you fall on a ? I told you having with the light off . . . can end badly". "Shut the up! You think you're so smart, and funny. But you're not ! So . . . just shut up!" Baekhyun stormed past, heading straight to his room, slamming the door hard. Luhan followed close behind. He knocked twice, and waited for an answer. "Why is he so dramatic?" "It's just who he is, you're insensitive". He scoffed at Minseok's comment. Knocking again, Luhan opened Baekhyun's door. "Hey, you can talk to us". "Why would I do that. You don't have any idea of what other people go through. You're so dumb". Baekhyun rolled over, crying loudly into his pillow. Minseok stood there. "Is it Yifan again?" "No". Luhan smiled. "Well that's good. One less concern". Baekhyun sat up, laughing lightly. He leaned against Minseok's shoulder, wrapping his arms and his. Minseok and Luhan looked at each other. "So . . . what's the problem?" Baekhyun sighed. "Chanyeol". Luhan frowned confused. Chanyeol usually kept to himself, and was didn't talk to anyone, other than Sehun. "Oh? What'd he do?" "Yeah, did he hurt you or something?" Baekhyun smiled. "No. I'll tell you," "Please tell us everything". Luhan sat comfortably, resting his head in his hands. "Well . . . this morning. I was in the library".

 

10:45 AM - The Library

 

A fair majority of books were on teenage acceptance, as if it deemed necessary. Baekhyun was looking for books by his favorite author, Stephanie Young Hwang, when he was distracted by a crashing of books. Looking over to his left, he recognized the boy who was now picking the books up. It was Chanyeol, looking around nervously. Baekhyun walked over, hugging his books to his chest. He leaned against the shelve, smirking slightly.

 

"Oops," he joked, knocking Chanyeol's recently placed book pile, back onto the floor. He looked up angered, getting even more red-faced, when he realized it was Baekhyun. "What? Have you come over here, looking for an audience?" "No," Baekhyun answered. "I heard the commotion, and seem to be the only person willing to help you. Is that such a crime". Baekhyun jumped, as Chanyeol slammed the books in his hand, onto the shelf. "Not everyone sees things as a joke, dickhead. If you hadn't noticed, some people take their education seriously. So if you don't mind, I'd like to continue with my homework, without a 'kiss-' like you, interrupting it". Baekhyun stared at him, tears forming slowly. "I'm sorry Chany-" "Save it. I don't have time to listen to empty words". He shoved Baekhyun into the shelve, as he passed. Baekhyun rubbed it lightly, watching as Chanyeol left the library. He walked away from the now, disorganized bookshelf and into the open space. He dragged his feet, as he headed for the door. With only a few steps to go, before he could leave, Baekhyun was knocked roughly though the door and tripped over his feet. He tried to save himself from the fall, before his head hit the bottom step. Everything went black, and the sound of screams and feet could be heard, before he out.

 

The breeze on the beach was soothing, making Baekhyun relax more into his sunbed. He sighed in delight, feeling a pair of hands massage his scalp. The smell of fresh fruit was in the air, and it was making Baekhyun hungry. But not for long. The smell suddenly turned medicine-like, and the fruit was gone. More shuffling was heard, from across the room, before they growing closer. "Clamps," "What?" The was more rustling. "I said clamps, what are you doing?" A cold rough headband, was strapped onto Baekhyun's forehead. "Stop talking like that. You're not a doctor, he's just unconscious". Reaching up, Baekhyun's hand wrapped around what seemed like a warm bar. "It's alive!" "Don't shout, Luhan". Baekhyun mumbled, sitting up. "What happened?" "You got knocked out," Minseok said, handing him a cup. "Luckily for you, Chanyeol was wondering around and found you. He brought you back". Baekhyun looked around, he couldn't see Chanyeol anywhere. He frowned and started to cry. "What's the matter Baek?" Luhan asked, pretending to be concerned. "It's just . . . I wanted to thank Chanyeol". Minseok smiled half-heartedly. He rubbed Baekhyun's shoulder, comfortingly. "You know, I overheard Yifan and Chanyeol talking . . . about you". Baekhyun looked at him, as though he was about to yell. "He likes you. I just thought you wanted to know". "Who?" Luhan looked over at him. "Yeah, who?" "Chanyeol. He admitted to Yifan, outside the library". The two stared at Minseok, before Luhan eventually laughed. "Yeah right. There's no way anyone likes Baekhyun, no offense". Baekhyun crossed his arms. "I wouldn't lie to you". The words hung in the air. There was a knock at the door, and all 3 of the boys looked over. The person behind knocked again. Minseok stood up, walking over nervously.

Sehun's heart dropped, as Minseok opened the door. He smiled sweetly, before looking into the room. "Hi Sehun, what's up?" "I wa-w-was just won-wo-wondering if B-baek-hyun was in?" Minseok looked over at Baekhyun, who was staring at Sehun. He climbed off the bed, walking over to the door. "Yes? Can I help you, Sedumb?" Sehun blinked. "D-do you hav-ave a d-d-date to the thea-theart-t-tre produ-c-ction?" Baekhyun stared at him, before smiling. "Ohh, Sehun," he stood up, wrapping his arms around Sehun's neck. "-of course. You can come and pick me up, say around . . . 2 hours from now". Sehun nodded, smiling nervously. Luhan watched as Baekhyun kissed Sehun on the cheek. As Sehun walked away, Luhan felt the erge to punch Baekhyun. "But, it doesn't start in 2 hours". Minseok pointed out. Nobody paid him any attention. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter