Crush

Musical Memoir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anxiety was getting the best of Minseok, as he peered though the glass of the main door. He could see the students, who were eagerly awaiting their chance to preforme for Ms. Myong. Looking back, he stared at Luhan, who was busy fiddling with his guitar strings.

 

"I think I'm about to pass out". Luhan looked up at Minseok, before rolling his eyes. "ing chill. There's nothing to worry about, just play". "What if I don't remember my lyrics. What if I mess up the lyrics, or play the wrong key?" Luhan shrugged, as he took his palce behind Minseok. Baekhyun rushed over, mirophone in hand. "What's that?" He smiled. "It's a mic. So that we can hear my voice, I don't want to give a bad preformance". Minseok looked down at his hand, feeling light headed. "Uuuh . . . are you singing too?" "What? I thought we agreed that I was the main singer, you're backing vocals". Luhan was about to grab Baekhyun's arm, when the curtain was pulled back.

 

"You gusy are on now, go, go!"

 

The room started to spin, as Minseok followed Luhan and Baekhyun onto the stage. He looked over at the judges, their eyes locking onto his face. Over in the back of the auditorium, Luhan's eyes landed on a familiar face. With his feet rested on the chair infront of him, Yifan sat with Jongdae, who waved over at him. "What's the name of your group?" The question snapped Luhan back into the room, as Baekhyun stepped up to the mic. He looked into the crowd, and it caused his stomach to flip. "Hello . . .we're, we're . . ." "The Breakfast Club". Luhan spoke out, cutting the awkward tension in the room. The judges nodded. The head judge leaned into his mic, smiling sweetly at the boys. "And what's you act?" "We wrote a song, about people thinking our bandmate here-" Luhan pointed to Baekhyun, who stared back in confusion. "cause he's famous for being crazy". Minseok held in his laughter, biting hard on his lip. "Whenever you're ready, boys. Good luck". Luhan began to stum slowly, as Minseok stepped close to his mic.

 

I remember when,

I remember, I remember when I lost my mind

There was something so pleasant about that place

Even your emotions have an echo, in so much space

And when you're out there, without care

Yeah, I was out of touch

But it wasn't because I didn't know enough

I just knew too much

 

Does that make me Crazy

Does that make me Crazy

Does that make me Crazy

Possibly

 

Ms. Myong stared at the boys, as the continued their song. When it finished, the room stayed quiet for a while. Baekhyun looked over at Luhan, who stared back at him in confusion. Nobody spoke, as Ms. Myong rose from her chair, and started clapping slolwy. The claps grew louder, as other students who were wathcing joined in the praise. "Boys . . . my boys. That was, so emotional and beautiful!" Luhan went red. "I don't even think I need to make a decision, you're through!" The boys jaws dropped, at they stared at Ms. Myong in shock. "What?" "You're through. That was the best act we've had . . . since, well . . . since forever". Baekhyun squiled in excitment. "So, does that mean we get to preform?" Ms. Myong nodded. As she turned her back on the boys, to announce the next act, Minseok spun on his heels, engulfing Luhan in a tight hug. "Can you believe that! We're in the callbacks!" "I know, no thanks to me". Biting his lip, Luhan tried not to laugh at himself. " off". "We have to tell the others". Baekhyun tilted his head, "Others?" he asked. Luhan leaned onto his shoulder, making Baekhyun wobble slightly. "Yeah? What'd you mean dude?" "Chanyeol and Sehun, obvioulsy". Minseok picked up Luhan's guitar case. "This is good news! Let's stop wasting time, and get over there already".

 

The ball bounced between the walls, and Jongdae was getting even more bored, as he watched Yixing and his friends around. In the distance, he spotted Luhan, Minseok and Baekhyun. The smiles on their faces, made him smile.

 

"Are you guys ordering coffee or not?" Penial asked, placing his handss on his hips. One of Yixing's friends looked over at him, giving a thumbs up. "I'll have what he's having". Jongdae looked at his empty cup, before handing it over to Penial. "Would you like a shot of 'buy something or get stabbed', with that?" Penial mumbled in return. As he placed the empty cup onto the tray he was holding, his face suddenly lit up. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the devil himself". Luhan frowned at him, sticking up his middle finger. "One choco smoovie. To go". Jongdae stood up, extending his hand out. "You're back? I've been looking for you everywhere". He grabbed Minseok's hand, giving it a tight squeeze. "What was that for?" "Not telling me you were going to disappear". They stared at eachother for a moment, before Minseok smiled. "How wa-" "Amazing!" Baekhyun jumped in, almost shouting. "They really loved it. We've been given a 'call back'. Believe it or not". Jongdae reached over for Baekhyun's shoulder. "I'm real proud of you guys. Truely". Luhan frowned. "Whatever. Let's go and celebrate our victory. With food". "Actually, I'm going to go find Chanyeol. But you three, go ahead and party". The words messed with Luhan's head. "Seriously?" He turned to face Jongdae, letting his heart jump into his mouth. "Believe it or not, I like yo~ your company. We can party Jongdae". He went red, and let Jongdae trake his hand. "Okay. See you later Minseok!" Standing there, Misneok waved Luhan and Jongdae off. The last thing he wanted to do was get stuffed and more-than-likely drunk, with Luhan to drag home. Zipping up his jacket, he headed inside the campus building and towards the editing room.

 

Baekhyun made sure to slam the door, when he entered the cafeteria. Sounds of keybord typing, echoed through the large room. Nobody was in there, nobody but Sehun. He was sitting on one of the tables, going crazy on his keyboard. As Baekhyun walked over, he straightend out his hair, and swung his hips a little. Leaning one hand on the table, Baekhyun coughed quietly. It didn't do him any favour, as Sehun didn't look away from the screen. "Hey~" Still no response. Baekhyun moved to the opposite side of the table, reaching over to slowly close Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter