Wasn't Me

Musical Memoir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His stomach started to hurt, as if he was growing something inside. Flipping over each sandwich packet to check the allege warnings. Chanyeol was as hungry as ever, and desperate for anything edible. Only problem was . . . there was nothing that wasn't one that didn't involve milk or butter. Placing the sandwich back, Chanyeol turned to Sehun, who was waving a plastic salad bowl around.

 

"Are you going to eat that?" Sehun shook his head. "I-i-it's for y-you. No tri-ri-iggers". Chanyeol took it from him, reading the ingredients label. "Thank you". Sehun smiled, proud of himself. "Having allergies ". "I-is being l-l-lactose int-toler-r-rent deadly?" Chanyeol shrugged. "If you don't look after yourself. Did you sign us up for any, 'out of lesson' activities?" Sehun nodded, pulling a white sheet from his bag. "T-the pr-pr-prefor-ma-mance". Chanyeol groaned. "I thought I told you, nothing nerdy". Sehun chuckled. They walked over to a empty table, sitting opposite each other. "It's ju-ju-just the s-s-schedule sheet. I signed us up f-f-for the . . ." Sehun went silent. "What? The what?" He realized Sehun had started to look past him, out the window onto the grassy area. In the center, there was a group of kids, throwing a bunch of books around, laughing. Chanyeol could see two feet in the middle, running around like a mad dog. He rouse from his chair, grabbing Sehun by the arm, dragging him along.

 

Yifan laughed, as he watched the small, puny kid run out of breath. His laughter was daunting and menace. "What? Am I too tall for you?" He threw the bag over to Ztao, who laughed as he held it up. "What are you doing?" Chanyeol's voice sounded behind him, and he turned, a menacing smile spread across his face. "Yeol, long time no see. How've you been bud?" Ztao threw the bag into the air and it landed in Chanyeol's hands. He stared at Yifan, a look of frustration on his face. "Leave the kid alone, and pick on somebody your own size". Un-intimidated by Chanyeol's braveness, Yifan shoved him roughly. Chanyeol swung his arm forward, and Yifan ducked. He fell forwards and landed on his face. Ztao and Yifan laughed, pushing the kid to the side. "Next time, I'll really you up, Yeolda". The boys left laughing. Chanyeol laid there, still as anything on the ground. He closed his eyes tightly, when a pair of feet stood in-front of him. "Shove off, Yifan". "Who?" He looked up, into the face of a boy with a slight smile. "I saw what happened, I can report it if you want?" Chanyeol pushed himself off the ground, looking up at Sehun, who had a panicked look on his face. "C-chan-y-yeol?" "I'm fine". He stood up, brushing himself off. He looked at the boy, smiling halfheartedly. "Are you okay?" "Yeah. Thank you, I really thought he was going to beat me up". Sehun smiled. "W-what's your n-n-name?" "It's Kyungsoo. They're always bothering me . . . but it's okay. Thank you for stopping them". Chanyeol smiled. "Well, anything for a fellow student". Sehun yawned, his eyes wandering awy from Kyungsoo and around the field. There was a sudden pang in his heart, when his eyes caught the sight of Luhan. Ever since they'd met the year before, Sehun had been crushing on Luhan, hard. It was getting harder and harder for him to control himself, and more risky. The thing was, Sehun and Luhan, didn't actually know each other. Luhan had seen Sehun around, carrying a ton of papers around, as he followed Chanyeol like a puppy. Other than that, they never crossed each other's paths. "What is it Sehun?" He blinked, and Luhan had vanished. "N-nothing. I . . .. thou-tho-thought I rec-recogn-nised someone". Chanyeol caught a glimpse of Luhan, as he turned a corner. "Oh". Kyungsoo started to walk away from the boys, without speaking another word. "Where are you going?" "Class". Chanyeol and Sehun looked at each other. "We should go to math". Sehun nodded and let Chanyeol lead the way.

 

Jongdae almost his pants, when Minsoek slammed his books onto the desk next to him. He sat up, stretching across his chair. "Sup". Minseok looked at him, sitting slowly in his seat. "What?" "I was trying to be witty . . . or something". Jongdae sat opposite him, smiling like a clown. "I brought you something". Minseok shook his head, chuckling. "What is it?" He watched as Jongdae pulled a plastic container from his bag. "It's boiled chicken, in tomato juice and onions". He opened the lid, holding out a spoon for Minseok. Minseok went quite, looking at the bowl of food. His stomach was starting to churn, as the smell of meat filled his nostrils. "Um . . . Jongdae," Jongdae smiled. "uh, that's so sweet of you and all, but . . . I don't eat meat". Jongdae face turned red with embarrassment. He closed the lid and placed the bowl on the table. "I-i, should've asked. I'm sorry Minseok". He groaned into his hands, feeling like a . Minseok chuckled lightly, pulling his hands away from his face. "It's okay. I really appreciate what you did". "So, are you a vegetarian. I should've guessed". Minseok smiled. "I'm not a vegetarian". Jongdae looked up at him, confused and un-sure. "But . . . you don't eat . . . meat. Or . . . jelly?" Minseok laughed. "What are you talking about?" He looked down at Minseok's DMs, then back at his face. "Leather DMs?" "I'm a vegan. It's not leather either". Jongdae smiled. "Vegan? He's a vegan". Just then, Baekhyun came bounding over, holding a leaflet in his hand.

 

"Minseok, look what I found. It's a book of addresses for different programs. Seeing as, you know . . . you haven't picked a major". Minseok stared at him. "What do you mean?" Baekhyun opened the flyer and pointed at the contents page. "You can sign up for clubs and stuff". "I'm already in one". Baekhyun froze. He wanted to get Minseok to join the cheerleaders major, so he could talk about him. But now he already picked a major? "Oh . . . what is it?" Misneok smiled widely. "I'm joining the music program". Jongdae looked at him, smiling supportively. Baekhyun looked at him, shocked, then nodded. "So did I. What a weird confidence" Jongdae smiled at Baekhyun. "Have you picked one Jongdae?" "Yeah. I joined the photography major. It's part of the reporter course as well . . . so I'll be working with, some guys named Chanyeol and Sehun . . . or something". Minseok smiled. "I know them, well, in some sense". Baekhyun pretended to laugh. "That's so funny. It's small world. We'll, I look forward to working with you, Minseok". He embraced him in a tight hug. Minseok didn't know how to react, letting it happen. "Well, classes start on Wednesday. See you at 9 o'clock Minseok". Baekhyun walked away, and Jongdae gagged. "He's such a prick. Good luck". Minseok smiled. "I'll live". He stood there, thinking about whether he was going to shake Jongdae's hand or just nod. "See you around, Minseok". Before he could reach out for Jongdae's arm, he'd already walked a mile away. A cloud of doom was starting to let drops of water, fall onto Minseok's shoulders. He was an embarrassment. There was no way that Jongdae was interested in him, . . . not like that anyway. The bell sounded and he almost physically jumped. "What are you doing?" A girl asked as she walked past him. "Lunchtime".

 

Luhan starred at the board, itching his chin as he read through the menu. So many choices . . . so little time. He whined, looking down at the empty table. "Mind if I sit here?" He shrugged, and Minseok pulled out the chair opposite him. "Did you know we had different lunch schedule's?" Luhan nodded, looking back the board again. "I didn't". "That's because you weren't paying enough attention in assembly". Minseok and Luhan looked over to the empty chair's on their table, as Baekhyun sat down in one. "We're music students . . . this is our lunchtime. Carrot stick?" "No thank-" Luhan rejected his offer, biting into a sandwich, that was dripping at the bottom. "Ew". Baekhyun whined, as he took small bites from his potato and beans. "What you got , Minnie?" Minseok smiled shyly, holding up a wrap. "It's a hummus, red pepper and avocado filling". Baekhyun nodded. "No meat?" "He's a vegan . . . or just a snob". Minseok stared at Luhan, wanting to kick his leg as hard as he could. "Sounds very nice, Minseok. "What's in yours?" Luhan smiled, food all in his teeth. "It's vegemite and pickles! Something you snobs wouldn't eat . . . because you don't know it exists". Minseok felt his stomach flip. Pickles and vegemite. "That's manky". "It's good. You wou-" He was interrupted when two heavy hand, slammed a dinner tray onto their table. Baekhyun wiped some crumbs off his eyebrow, and looked up annoyed. "Do you mind?" Minseok smiled, as Sehun sat down slowly, red in the face. "He's heavy handed. This is Sehun, he wo-" "I know who he is. He follows around Park Chanyeol around like a lost puppy". Luhan's back straightened, and he started to chew aggressively. "Afternoon," Minseok smiled at Sehun, who smiled back. "W-w-where's Jongd-d-d--dae?" "He's still in class . . . I guess. Why?" Sehun shook his head. "N-nothing". He looked at Luhan, who seemed to be having a hot flush or something, because he was shaking like a phone on vibration. "A-a-are you ok-k-kay?" Luhan nodded, still jumping around. Baekhyun reached out for Sehun's hand, and gripped it firmly. "Well, hello Sehun. Long time no see". Luhan and Minseok looked at each other, then at Sehun. He sat there confused, in silence. "We used to be in class together, remember?" "T-this is my f-fi-first year". Luhan looked at him, snapping out from his daze. "Huh? There's no way, you're younger than me". "I sk-skip-p-ped a gr-gra-grade". Baekhyun nodded. "I s-s-see," he laughed. Minseok was trying his hardest not to laugh at Baekhyun's joke, cause it wasn't funny. He looked at Luhan, who now had steam coming from his ears. "I think I'm just goi-" "That isn't funny, you dumb !" Before Minseok could grab Luhan's shoulder, his sandwich was swiped from in front of him, and lobbed toward Baekhyun's face. There was a sudden gasp of shock, before he let out the loudest scream Minseok had ever heard. "! You ing idiot, I swear, wait until I tell my father!" Before Luhan could say anything else, Minseok and Sehun pushed him away from the table and out the door. Baekhyun was fuming, as he looked down at himself, covered in Minseok's gross vegan food. He looked down at himself, before bursting into tears. "Are you okay?" "No I'm not ing okay. Look at me!" His voice lowered, as he looked up to face an extremely tall guy, with a guitar strapped to his back. "Here, use my handkerchief". Baekhyun took it, looking up. "I saw my friend over here, but . . . he went with the other two". "You're friends with Minseok and Luhan?" The boy shook his head. "No, Sehun". "You're Park Chanyeol . . . right?" Chanyeol smiled. "I saw what happened. Are you okay?" Baekhyun's heart jumped into his throat, as he was taken aback by Chanyeol's concerned face. "Thank you. You know, some people are willing to ruin other's attire, just to make themselves feel more important. That's what this feels like". Chanyeol shoved the dirty hanky into his pocket. "I'm sorry". Baekhyun looked at him, before smiling. "It's not your fault. I didn't mean to . . . act that way". "It's cool, you get used to it after a while. My teacher's just as snappy". Baekhyun chuckled, and handed back the hanky. "Do I know you?" "No, I'm Park Chanyeol . . . I'm a drummer in band, we're called 'Lipton Spices'". Baekhyun starred at him, before chuckling. "Weird name". "I didn't pick it. Our leader did". Baekhyun smiled, brushing a stand of hair behind his head. "So . . . thank you, again. I have to go now, my dad wanted to tell me about something. I can't remember what". Chanyeol laughed. He looked at the hanky, holding it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter