Sign Up Here!

Musical Memoir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not a single person was at the drive-thru that Monday morning. Spring break was over, and Kim Jongdae had just become a Junior student. He'd woken up earlier than usual to get the Halloween Smoothie from Rivera's Coffee Works, down the street from Rydell High. It was colder than usual outside, and there were small patches of ice forming on the snow.

 

Minseok's smile brightened as he was welcomed by the warmth from inside the café. He walked straight up to the counter and sighed in relief.

 

"Nice to see you're back, kid". The owner's son, Lee Penial smiled charmingly at Minseok, handing him a ready made Smoothie with extra spice toppings. "I knew you were coming in, so I had it saved in the back Enjoy!" Minseok sipped it slowly, walking away to his usual spot. There was only twenty minutes left, until his classes started and he already knew, he wasn't going to make it to first period on time. Minseok Leaned back into the chair, as he watched groups of students pass by the window. Sipping on his smoothie slowly, as he tried not to laugh at the school's sports team around on the campus field. The headteacher's son, Byun Baekhyun walked through the door, just as Minseok finished his smoothie. He handed Penial a card, before being handed a boiling hot coffee.

 

"Thanks. I'll let my dad know you made it in. He was a second away from giving you the sack". Penial stared at him, uncomfortable and embarrassed by Baekhyun's iness. He turned around, and began making his drink. Baekhyun turned his attention to Minsoek, who was starring out the window at the sports team as they worked out. Grabbing his drink and leaving his change on the counter, Baekhyun joined Minsoek by the window, crossing his legs as he sipped away. "They're so hot. Don't you think?" Minseok ignored him, concentrating on his sketch. "Are you in the Art classes? On the second floor?" "No. I'm a media student. I work on radio shows. This is just what I do in my free time". Baekhyun nodded, coughing as he continued to watch. "So . . . I've never seen you around, are you knew here?" Minseok shook his head, showing his ID badge. "It's my second year. Me and my friends just became Juniors-" his watch suddenly buzzed. "I have to get to class". Baekhyun nodded. "See you around . . ." "It's Minseok". Baekhyun extended his arm. "Minseok what?" Baekhyun looked at his ID badge. "Heo Minseok". Baekhyun nodded, sipping his drink. "You're Japanese?" "No. I'm Korean, my father is Japanese. My mom's English". Baekhyun stared at him. "What?" Minseok rolled his eyes. "I'm adopted. Not mixed or anything. Just adopted". Baekhyun nodded. "You're an only child?" At this point, Minseok realized he was late for class. "I've gotta go". "You didn't answer my question". Baekhyun grabbed his arm, yanking him back. "I have a 8 year old sister, Jeremih. She's my best-friend". Baekhyun was chuffed. He let Minseok go. Standing there like a dip, Baekhyun watched as Minseok left the café. "Are you going to order anything else?" Penial asked in a fed-up voice. Baekhyun shook his head and walked out the door.

 

The sound of the staple gun was deafening. Each time it punched a staple into the wall, Sehun could feel his brain vibrating.

 

"There, how's that?" Chanyeol stepped back to admire his handy work. He nudged Sehun, tilting his head to the poster. "You think Kyungsoo will approve of it?" Sehun shrugged. "What?" Sehun looked at him, sheepishly. "Um . . . it's n-n-nothing". Chanyeol had been Sehun's best friend since high school. They'd been all over the place together, California, Canada and even Paris. Chanyeol was over the moon when he found out he and Sehun would be roommates. Though it couldn't just be the two of them, it was good enough for Chanyeol. "Are you going to audition?" Sehun shook his head. "Why not? I'm auditioning". "Wh-wh-why?" Chanyeol smiled. "Why not. You should audition with me, you can play your piano". Sehun smiled. When he was 8 years old, he was an outgoing kid. That all changed when he started his first year of Junior school. Sehun's parents were concerned when he started to constantly stutter. Ever since then, he'd been stuttering like there was no tomorrow. His mum had said, she was looking into medical care for it to go away, which nocked his confidence. That changed when he met Chanyeol at an open evening. "I'll audition if you do". Sehun shook his head, chuckling slightly. "Emb-b-b-arising". Chanyeol rubbed his shoulder, reassuring him that it was okay. "Because you don't have confidence? Is that why you're not doing it?" Sehun picked up the left over poster. "W-we have m-m-more to do". He turned away from Chanyeol, heading for their information board. Chanyeol followed, walking a few steps back. The only reason he hung out with Sehun, was because neither of them could be asked to do actual lessons. His close friend, Yifan, had told him to ditch Sehun ages ago . . . but he couldn't act out of spite like that. Especially when it comes to his feelings for Sehun. There was something about the younger, that made Chanyeol warm to him easily. Sehun wasn't one to get instant friends, as he didn't introduce himself to anyone. So . . . he could say that being best-friends with Chanyeol was a miracle. "Let's split up, we'll get it done quicker. Don't you think?" Sehun handed a bunch of rolled-up poster's to Chanyeol. "S-s-sure. I'll m-meet you, a-a-at the b-b-band stan-d-d?" Chanyeol nodded, grabbing his bag from the floor. He pulled a 20 from his pocket and handed it to Sehun. "Buy yourself lunch. I've got a date with destiny". Sehun laughed, looking at Chanyeol puzzled. "W-what?" "Oh yeah, I never told you. Basically, I've been offered a spot on the hockey team, as a defender. Isn't that cool?" Sehun smiled at him, nodding approvingly. "Why aren't you joining a sport?" "Not m-m-my th-thing". He pulled a box out from his backpack. "Hung-g-ry?" Chanyeol rejected. Sometimes Sehun would worry about him, how he didn't eat some days, and when he did, it was only a couple of mouthfuls. "I have to go, but I'll see you in assembly". Sehun nodded in agreement. He watched as Chanyeol walked away, looking around nervously. He was up to something and whatever it was, he didn't want to be found out.

 

It was becoming a miserable day for Luhan, and it had only just started. First period was a nightmare, his teacher had yelled at the class for being disruptive. He'd been sitting by himself, under the canopy outside. The seats were damp, but only a little. It had started daunting on him, that he might have to re-do Junior year. After getting through Sophomore, by the skin of his teeth, due to not studying. It was only a matter of time, before he got dragged to the head's office for another lecture. Staring into space was only going to do so much, and Luhan had to get to the lecture hall before everyone else. He packed up his books, which had now been drenched in raindrop patterns and slowly headed inside. Luck didn't seem to be on his side, as he turned the corner and reached the hall doors, someone called his named.

 

"Why are you ignoring me?" Luhan closed his eyes, praying that the voice would disappear . . . but that wasn't going to work. He turned around to look at Do Kyungsoo, the college prefect. Why Rydell had a prefect . . . nobody knew and quiet frankly, no one cared. He stared at Kyungsoo sheepishly. "What?" Kyungsoo pulled out his check-board, flippin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter