three.

converging lines.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

jimin finished her last bowl of black bean noodles in just a few minutes. it's not that she was really hungry nor she was getting late, she just disliked the idea of having to eat on the same table as her parents. she hated how her mother and father acted like they were in some sort of a romantic film when in fact, both of them actually have their own third parties.

she found out about it when she was in her first year in college but she chose to keep it to herself, thinking that it might stress her older sister out. the girl experiences extreme anxiety and panic attacks and if ever she finds out about what their parents were hiding, things could get worse. 

her older sister didn't know why jimin suddenly became so distant around their parents but she respected the young girl's privacy so she just tried her best to understand. 

“so, jimin, tell us about school. it has been a while since you ate with us. you're always busy with your school stuff and you hardly have time for your family now,” jimin's father said. 

“now, don't pressure our youngest. she's studying really well for a better future. the head principal actually called me a few weeks ago and told me that jimin has been the student council president since her first year in college. she was nominated again this year because of how good she is as a leader,” her mom stated with such a bright tone. 

jimin was supposed to feel happy because her parents are finally noticing the efforts that she exert in school just to make them proud– but at this point, she felt nothing at all. 

“is that so? then how about her grades? being a member of the student council is a big job and it may affect your academic perfo–” 

jimin's older sister blurted out a heavy sigh, causing the three to look at her. 

“dad, give her a break. she has been studying nonstop and rarely hangs out with her family and friends to meet her academic requirements. jimin's always the top student, what more can you ask for?” 

both of their parents fell silent. 

the raven-haired girl's older sister noticed her uncomfortable expression so she swiftly emptied her bowl as well, leaving only their parents to eat together.

“yooji, are you running late?” her sister asked and jimin could only thank her through her eyes.

“apparently. i still have a lot of work to do at the council room so i really have to leave now,” jimin finally spoke.

jimin stood up the table as soon as she emptied the glass of orange juice. she grabbed her backpack and walked outside of the house, not even sparing a single glance at her parents. her older sister quickly rushed outside to follow her.

“yooji!” 

the raven-haired girl stopped. she turned around looking so emotionless. her older sister already got used to seeing the young girl's cold expression so she just shrugged it off.

“i deserve an ice cream treat from you because i saved your from our parents,” she continued.

this time, a soft chuckle escaped jimin's lips. she walked closer to her older sister who was obviously smaller than her and gave her a soft pat on the head.

“thanks, unnie. i highly appreciate your concern,” jimin said.

her older sister rolled her eyes before gently slapping the younger's hand away.

“yoo jimin, just because you have grown taller than me doesn't mean you can pat me like that. i am not a dog!”

jimin just smiled. 

“you should get going now, unnie. you'll be late for work.” 

her older sister nodded before grabbing on her handbag tightly. 

“be good in school. bring home a girlfriend once you're ready!” 

jimin's jaw almost dropped. she felt her cheeks getting hot because of what the older girl said. the last time she checked, she never came out as someone who adored women so she wondered how her sister found out about it. she immediately looked around to see if anyone heard their conversation. 

thankfully, they were the only ones in the street because of how early it was. 

“UNNIE–!” 

too late to catch the girl now. her sister already rushed inside their house's gate and only her boisterous laughter could be heard. jimin just rolled her eyes before proceeding to walk towards the bus stop. only ten minutes of her time were used while waiting because an empty bus stopped in front of the pole she was standing at. jimin placed her hands inside her vest's pockets and hopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter