one.

converging lines.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it is finally the start of the first semester. minjeong was already downstairs, her best friend's mom entertaining her while they both waited for the japanese girl to be finished with getting ready. the two young students planned to go to their university together since they were basically classmates and their houses were just a few blocks away from each other. 

after a few minutes, the brunette rushed downstairs with a small backpack behind her. she happily skipped her way towards the living room where her best friend was waiting.

“minjeongie!” the girl greeted with a wide smile on her face. the two girls hugged each other as if they didn't spend the whole day together yesterday.

“aeri, you're finally ready! let's get going if we don't want to be late on our first day in college,” minjeong uttered with a giggle as soon as the both of them pulled away from the tight embrace.

“mom, we'll be going now. don't pick us up later because we're already big girls!” aeri teased, making minjeong chuckle at her best friend's silly antics.

“take care, you two. don't chat while you're in class and listen to your professors attentively,” aeri's mother stated before waving goodbye to the young girls.

aeri and minjeong decided to take the public bus instead of the taxi. the latter would get their butts faster towards their university, but aeri told the blonde that it would be possible for freshmen like them to find their college love life at public bus trips.

funny, but aeri just normally thinks that way and minjeong was already used to it. the japanese girl was just full of love and positivity and nobody could ever resist her.

“minjeongie, i think that guy likes you,” aeri whispered to her best friend as she used her lips to point at a certain green-haired student who was staring at minjeong with a soft smile plastered all over his face.

“uchinaga, how many times do i have to tell you that i'm not into men? besides, he's probably just judging my entire existence silently,” replied minjeong before grabbing her airpods case and plugging her airpods inside her ears.

she sighed. the only way to shut her best friend up was to plug in her earphones and ignore her for the rest of the trip.

it did work, though.

fifteen minutes later, they were already off the bus. it was half past eight and they were already late to their first subject. minjeong sighed, silently cursing her stubborn best friend for not letting them take the taxi instead.
minjeong walked first, the japanese girl following her tracks. they were about to enter the second gate when a tall, raven-haired girl stopped them.

“your names, please?” the girl uttered, her voice as cold as ice. it made minjeong's spine shiver.

“uh– i'm kim minjeong and this is my best friend, aeri uchinaga.”

the girl didn't answer. she proceeded to write something on a small notepad before handing the ripped page to minjeong.

“the both of you are already thirty minutes late. the school bell already rang thirty minutes ago and this university does not tolerate tardiness. please head towards the detention room and you will be staying there until your first period ends,” the raven-haired girl uttered with her straight face on before walking away.

“what the heck? detention on our first day? seriously?” minjeong hissed as she crumpled the small piece of paper and aggressively placed it inside the pocket of her uniform's vest.

“isn't she hot?” aeri dreamily sighed as she stared at the disappearing figure of the raven-haired girl.

minjeong's eyes widened.

“you're seriously thinking about that when we're here being sent to detention because of that stupid bus trip?” she lashed out, but aeri just giggled at her.

“take a chill pill, minjeongie. besides, i'm not in the right mood to attend our first period. you know i dislike math. come on!”

minjeong could only roll her eyes as aeri dragged her deeper inside the campus. it took them almost ten minutes to look for the detention room– mainly because aeri kept on waving at the other students that were chilling at the hallway.

too much of an extrovert, minjeong thought to herself as they entered a certain room with its door painted in beige.

the whole room was empty. there were armchairs inside but none filled any of them. minjeong sat beside aeri who was currently typing something on her phone. seconds later, the same raven-haired girl who scolded them a while ago entered the room. she walked towards the front table and minjeong was able to catch a glimpse on the girl's figure. her uniform was hugging her curves and it was just the perfect size for her. 

man, this girl has amazing body proportions, minjeong thought to herself. 

the raven-haired girl was wearing a straight face again. minjeong wondered if she ever laughs or smiles because of how serious she appeared to be.

“i am glad the two of you did not choose to ditch your detention hour. anyway, let me introduce myself first. my name is yoo jimin, a sophomore, and i am the student council president of this university. since the both of you are obviously freshmen, your detention hour would only last until the end of your first period. have you received your student handbooks right after you enrolled?”

minjeong went speechless. the way jimin spoke was spine-shivering and she felt her palm sweating. she definitely fits her position to be the student council president because of how prim and proper she acted.

it's a good thing aeri never spaces out even with situations like this.

“yes president yoo, we already have. the both of us read the whole book right after we got home because the dean asked us to. it just happened that minjeong and i couldn't find any available taxis that's why we chose to take the public bus,” she replied with a sweet smile.

no, a flirty smile to be exact.

minjeong slapped her forehead in her mind. how could her best friend openly flirt with this scary council president when the girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter