two.

converging lines.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

minjeong headed to school alone. it was already seven thirty when she reached her university and thankfully, she didn't come late anymore. aeri headed to school earlier than minjeong did because of her tutoring session with jimin. minjeong sighed as she flipped through the pages of her calculus book, silently studying the problems to make sure that she would be able to answer the questions in their quiz.

the blonde smiled to herself. she likes math and her brain functions easily whenever she studies about certain equations and problem solving. despite being absent on their first lesson yesterday, minjeong knew that she could still catch up.

after a few minutes of complete silence, the room was filled with a loud, echoing voice.

“minjeongie!”

oh god, here we go again.

aeri rushed towards her best friend, earning a judging look from their other classmates who were busy studying as well.

“aeri, keep your voice down. our classmates are studying,” minjeong warned. aeri just raised her hand and showed a peace sign. ten minutes left and their professor would be coming with their test papers.

“you wouldn't believe what just happened while president yoo was tutoring me earlier,” aeri stated as soon as she placed her backpack on her seat.

“uh-huh, tell me about it,” minjeong tried to sound as interested as she could to avoid disappointing her best friend. sulking aeri was the hardest obstacle minjeong could ever encounter.

“okay so.. i met her at the school gate earlier this morning and she told me to head to the student council room first because we'll be doing the tutoring session there. so i did! i went to the room and there were nobody there. i sat on one of the wooden chairs and waited for president yoo to come. after a few minutes, she entered the room with two chicken sandwiches on her hand. i thought it was for someone else but to my surprise..”

giselle squealed as she tackled her best friend for a tight hug. even their classmates had to shush the japanese girl for being too loud.

“geez, aeri. i told you to keep your voice down. you're not the only one here,” minjeong said.

“she bought a sandwich for me, minjeongie! she told me that our tutoring session was too early and she thought i haven't eaten anything yet so she decided to buy two. we ate together before we started,” aeri continued.

the girl was already a blushing mess and minjeong could only chuckle at her best friend's appearance. aeri has gone real bad and she wondered if jimin's effect on her system made her feel this way.

“i'm telling you, minjeongie. yoo jimin is the real definition of perfection. she's the nicest and the most amazing person ever!”

the blonde frowned.

“hey, i'm supposed to be the nicest and the most amazing person in your life.”

aeri just giggled.

“don't be jealous, minjeongie. you're still my favorite girl.”

the two were about to chat some more when their professor already arrived with a brown envelope full of test papers. right, minjeong almost forgot about the calculus quiz. it was a good thing that she studied while aeri was on her tutoring session with jimin.

their professor didn't say a word. he just gave each of the students a test paper to answer before proceeding to his desk. minjeong thought that the terror instructor wasn't in the right mood so she just shrugged it off before starting to answer.

thirty minutes have passed and minjeong was confidently answering all of the questions written. she easily solved all of the given problems without even releasing a single drop of sweat. soon enough, minjeong finished her test early and just decided to wait for her classmates to pass theirs.

“psst, minjeongie..”

the blonde looked to her back and saw her best friend waving her pen. she squinted her eyes to see what the japanese girl was mouthing. 

the answer to number seven, minjeong thought before looking at her test paper.

she then checked if their professor wasn't looking. after making sure that the old man was busy with his own business, minjeong looked back at aeri and carefully mouthed the correct answer.

“miss kim minjeong.”

the whole class looked at the blonde's direction. minjeong looked at her professor who was already staring at her with such a deadly expression.

oh no, did i get caught?

“yes.. sir?”

the man stood up from his seat and walked towards her. he grabbed the young student's paper and wrote an F on it with a red marker. aeri's jaw almost dropped at the sudden action. 

“any form of cheating is not allowed in this university. you are a freshman and you are supposed to know that, unless you didn't read the student handbook?”

minjeong bit her lower lip. all of her classmates were staring at her with such judgmental eyes and she couldn't help but to feel her hands shake.

she disliked the attention. no, scratch that. minjeong hated getting all the attention and whatever is happening as of that moment triggered her anxiety.

“answer me, kim minjeong.”

“i– i..”

the professor sighed in disbelief.

“mr. lee, kindly head to the student council office and call miss yoo. she will be the one to bring this stubborn student into detention.”

minjeong wanted to cry but the secondhand embarrassment would just make things worse. all eyes were still on her and she didn't know what else to do but to slump her head on her desk.

“continue what you're all doing, you will be passing your papers after fifteen minutes.”

minjeong shut her eyes tight. she could hear aeri trying to call her with a soft whisper but she didn't feel like attending to her best friend. minutes later, a certain raven-haired girl entered the room.

“you called, mr. oh?”

“miss yoo, kindly take that student over there to the detention room. she will be staying there for an hour and as a punishment, she will be the one to help clean up the main library after class.”

jimin nodded in response before walking to where minjeong was seated.

“student, come with me.”

the blonde let out a heavy sigh before standing up her seat. she aggressively grabbed by backpack before walking outside the room, not even minding jimin who was obviously shocked by her actions.

the raven-haired girl walked out of the classroom and was quick enough to catch up with the smaller girl, thanks to her long legs.

“do you not have any good manners with you?” jimin questioned, making the blonde stop in her tracks.

“you're seriously asking me that when you're here going around acting all bossy towards the normal students as if you own this school?” minjeong replied sarcastically.

jimin was taken ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter