About Time (Joygi Bonus Chapter)

Of Imaginations and Daydreams

 

“Joooooy! My beautiful best friend!” Joy’s door swings open revealing a very enthusiastic Seulgi.

 

 “What do you need?” Joy asks, trying to keep a straight face.

 

“Can’t I just miss you?” Seulgi refutes lying stomach down on Joy’s bed.

 

“Okay, Kang,” Joy rolls her eyes as she gives some space for the other. “whatever you say.”

 

“But now that you’ve mentioned it,’ Seulgi grins and looks up to Joy. “I may or may not need your help hehe.”

 

Joy looks at Seulgi in disbelief and jokingly hits her with a pillow. “Can’t I just miss you my !!” 

 

Seulgi can’t contain her laughter while trying to dodge each hit her best friend gives. After minutes of teasing, laughing, and a whole lot of pouting coming from Seulgi,  the two finally calm down and get back to their conversation.

 

“Fine. What’s up?” Joy gives in, making Seulgi smile like a child.

 

“Remember that girl I told you about?” Seulgi asks.

 

Joy’s face falls for a moment but she was quick enough to hide it.

 

“Yeah, the girl with no name?” She answers.

 

Seulgi chuckles. “Yep. The girl with no name.”

 

“What about her?”

 

“I think I’m gonna tell her,” Seulgi timidly but happily states.

 

Joy feels as if the sky fell on her shoulders. Come on, I can’t be that bad of a person for this to happen. She thinks to herself. She doesn’t know how she’s still keeping her composure but at this point, she’s just glad she’s doing so— she knows better than to question it.

 

Mustering up all the strength she had left, she smiles and looks back to Seulgi. “Really? That’s great, Seul! Agh they grow up so fast.” She fakes a cry. “So, what do you need my help with?”

 

Seulgi laughs and eyes Joy for a few seconds before continuing. “Well, you of all people know that I’m not good at this. I don’t know what to say, how to say it, where to say it. Oh god, I’m screwed, aren’t I? Seulgi stands up and paces back and forth in Joy's room.

 

Joy walks up to Seulgi, grabs her by the shoulders, and looks her in the eyes. “Seul, you are probably the most genuine person that I know. Just tell her how you feel— how much you like her, how much she makes you smile, and I guarantee you that she’ll feel like the luckiest girl on Earth,” she says. “If she doesn’t then that’s her loss. So calm down, you got this.”

 

“Okay.” Seulgi smiles.

 

“Okay.” Joy smiles back. “Good. So you’re gonna tell me who she is already?” Joy asks. 

 

“Nope.” Seulgi answers by adding an extra pop to her words.”You’ll find out soon.”

 

“No fair!”

 

A week later, Joy finds herself sitting on one of the benches of her and Seulgi’s favorite park. Speaking of Seulgi, Joy hasn’t heard that much from the other for the past week. She figures she might be busy preparing for her big confession and that's okay. That’s okay, she tells herself.

 

As soon as she gets home, she goes straight to her room hoping to squeeze in a quick nap before dinner; only to be met by a smiling Seulgi sitting beside some flowers on her bed.

 

“Hey! How did it go? Did you do it already? Did you need anything before you go? Joy asks, shooting questions from left and right.

 

“Okay, first of all, hi. Second is no I haven't done it yet and no I don’t need anything before I do.” Seulgi chuckles.

 

“Then why are you here?” 

 

“Because I’m right where I need to be.” Seulgi smiles and takes a step towards Joy.

 

“What? Seul-” Seulgi laughs and interrupts Joy’s confusion. “You’d be a lot less confused if you let me speak, Joy.”

 

Joy nods and Seulgi takes this as a sign to continue.

 

“5 years ago, I met this girl in the park. She was sitting on the bench, looking like she didn’t want to be talked to. But you know me, so I still did. Apparently, it was not that great of a day for her, so I made it a personal goal to make her laugh – and I did.” Seulgi grins. “From that day on, that girl became my best friend. The more years had passed, the more I knew about her. She’s smart, competitive, funny, a little stubborn sometimes but that’s okay.” Seulgi laughs when she saw Joy’s eyebrows furrow. “She’s beautiful inside and out. I just feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have met her. ‘

 

Joy couldn’t hold her tears back from falling anymore causing Seulgi to step forward and wipe them away. “Hold on, I’m not yet done.”She jokes and clears before continuing.

 

“A year ago, I realized I didn’t want to be her best friend anymore. I wanted something more. It took me a while to act on it because as cliche as it may sound, I was scared, but here I am now.” Seulgi smiles at Joy who was giving her the warmest look she’s seen.

 

“A week ago, I told you that I’d finally tell her. You told me to just let it all out and tell her how much I like her, how much she makes me smile. You told me she’d be the luckiest girl but I think I’d be the one if she says yes” Seulgi pauses to regain composure.

 

“So here I am, in front of that girl, telling her how she means the world to me and everything else comes second. I’m here telling her that she makes me smile like an idiot all the damn time, it’s concerning. Here I am telling her how she makes me laugh, how she makes me think, how she has me smitten.”  

 

Seulgi grabs Joy’s hand in hers and looks her in the eye. 

 

“Here I am, telling her not just how much I like her but how much I love her. You’re my best friend, Joy and you forever will be. But what do you say we make this into something more?”

 

Joy remains speechless for a few seconds. Just about when Seulgi was about to speak, Joy gently grabs Seulgi’s face and closes the gap between them. Making her feel everything she couldn’t say.

 

“Oh thank God.” Joy exclaims.

 

Seulgi laughs“I’ll take that as a yes?” 

 

She nods before kissing her once more. “I love you too, Kang.”