In Between Breaks (Seulrene)

Of Imaginations and Daydreams

“Hey, you.” Irene, who was sitting in one of the many vacant chairs of the auditorium, greets a tired-looking Seulgi who was approaching her.

 

“Hi,” Seulgi responds as she lifts one of the armrests up so she could rest her head on Irene’s lap. 

 

Irene smiles at the gesture and she combs her fingers through Seulgi’s hair which makes the other sigh in comfort. “I don’t think long is enough to describe it, to be honest.”

 

It’s already 5:00 PM and Seulgi has been in the very same auditorium since 6 in the morning. She’s been practicing her performance, directing the other groups, running around making sure everything was perfect for tomorrow’s event. This has been her first decent break all day.

 

“Awww my poor baby!” Irene jokes. “You’re doing great though,” she continues with a smile but quickly turns serious upon a realization.”Hold on, did you even get to eat?” 

 

“Hmmm, yeah I had a sandwich earlier.” Seulgi responds with a slightly lower voice”

 

“That’s all?” Irene asks. 

 

“Hmmm”

 

Irene frowns and gently moves to scuffle through her bag, looking for what she brought. "Here, good thing I brought some snacks for you just in case. Seulgi you shouldn’t be” 

 

Irene stops mid-sentence when she hears a light snore; she looks down and sees Seulgi already fast asleep, making her heart flutter and forget all the lectures about skipping meals she had in mind for the girl. With this, she shifts her position for Seulgi to get comfortable.

 

She chuckles and leans down and presses a kiss on Seulgi’s forehead. “Good night, love.”

 

Guess she'll have to save the scolding for later.