Solace (Jenlisa)

Of Imaginations and Daydreams

Usual? :)   A smile crept its way onto Jennie’s face as soon as the bright yellow note greeted her when she opened her locker. She had to admit, she hasn’t been the most cheerful she’s been lately — her midterms are coming up, their school fair happening the week after, she was one busy girl, to say the least. But there she was, standing in the hallway looking like she won the lottery. 

 

 

She probably could not have gone any faster while getting her stuff, slamming her locker shut, and walking the corridors of the university. Nothing could stop Jennie Kim from getting where she needed to be. Well maybe except a poor Yeri who is now picking a week’s worth of reviewers up from the floor. “Oh my god, Yerim-ah, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking! Here, let me help you.” 

 

“No biggie, Madam President,” the younger one jokes as they pick up the last two pieces of paper left. “You seem like you’re in a rush though, I don’t want to keep you but is everything okay? Council stuff?”

 

“Oh no no, everything’s fine! Don’t worry! I just have to get somewhere,” Jennie answers with a smile. If it were any other student, they probably would have missed the hint of excitement in Jennie’s voice, but this was Yeri we’re talking about.

 

Ooooh, I see what it is,” Yeri teases with a smirk plastered on her face. “Well, go on! Don’t let me keep you.” 

 

Jennie could not hide the blush forming on her face but decided to just thank the younger one and go on her way. 

 

Go get your girl, madam!” Yeri exclaims as soon as Jennie turned her back and started running.

 

After what felt like forever, Jennie opens the door to what is easily her favorite place on campus. More importantly, she opens the door and is met with her favorite person on campus, in the world even. 

 

With her back facing the door, there was Lisa sitting on the bench, two pints of vanilla ice cream beside her. Jennie admires the view for a couple of seconds before walking up and hugging Lisa from behind. Lisa doesn’t even flinch and instantly reaches for Jennie’s arms, humming in content. 

 

 “Ice cream?”  Lisa asks as she holds up the two pints and offers one to Jennie. 

 

You don’t even have to ask!” Lisa laughs at the way Jennie hurriedly sat beside her.

 

The two sit in silence for a couple of minutes, just enjoying each other’s presence.

 

You know one day, somebody’s gonna catch us here,” Jennie states a matter of factly before taking another scoop of ice cream.

 

 They were in one of the campus’ hidden gems as Lisa would like to call it. In front of them was a garden filled with different types of flowers with possibly every color they could imagine and a view of the sunset. If they didn’t know any better, the couple would not believe they were still in school. 

 

Hmm maybe, maybe not? Either way, it’s still worth it.” Lisa shrugs.

 

Well, yeah look at this place! Thanks for introducing this to me, Lili.” 

 

Answering with a nod and hum, Lisa then turns to Jennie and asks  “You know what makes this place even more worth it?”.

 

Jennie mimics Lisa’s position, waiting for the other girl to continue. “What?”

 

“You.” Lisa pauses. “ I remember the look on your face the first time I brought you here, it was priceless, Nini. I swear if you could’ve seen the way your eyes lit up from the moment we entered that door.” Lisa stops mid ramble to grab Jennie’s hand. 

 

I asked you to come here because I know the past few weeks have been tough for you. I just wanted to remind you to breathe, Ni. You’ve been doing so much not just for yourself but for everyone around you and you deserve a break, even if it’s just for an hour.  I figured maybe our favorite place with our favorite snack can do the trick.  Lisa grins.

 

 Jennie leans her head on Lisa’s shoulder. She thinks her heart could melt right then and there. She didn’t realize how much she needed this— how much she needed to be with the person she calls home. 

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when Lisa continued.

 

 “I guess what I’m trying to say is, I really don’t care if we get caught because if risking getting caught means seeing you happy and worry-free, then I’ll take that any time any day. Because this is worth it, you’re worth it.” Lisa flashes Jennie a smile that never fails to send her butterflies. 

 

Jennie looks up at Lisa with adoring eyes and asks, “You know I love you don’t you?”

 

Lisa chuckles at her girlfriend’s words. “Fortunately, I do, love. I love you too.”

 

“But I wouldn’t mind hearing it again,” Lisa probes as she inches herself towards the other.

 

“I love you....”

 

“...more than anything in this universe, Manoban.” Jennie happily states as she closes the gap between them.