Chapter 4

A boy and A Goodboy

 

“It’s okay if I call, right? Wasn’t he asked me to call him when I want to hang out?”

 

Good morning, everyone. Here we are, with Nam Woohyun who keeps pacing back and forth while mumbling in his hotel room. It’s 7am, which is very rare to see him already awake and looking nice.

 

“…but it’s 7am… isn’t this too early? Maybe he is still sleeping? But what if he is already awake and also waiting for my message? Nah, I don’t think my Angel is that kind of person.”

 

Woohyun wants to rub his hair but stop when he remembered his hair already look stylist. He looks at the mirror and smile.

 

“I bet my angel looks forward to see me again.” He widely grinned like an idiot, showing his dimple.

 

He looks at his phone and decides to press ‘call’. He puts it on speaker.

 

“H…”

 

“The number you have dialed is not available… ”

 

Woohyun presses ‘end’.

 

“Maybe he’s indeed still sleeping…”

 

Woohyun sighs and finally sits on his bed. He really doesn’t want to wait, but he also cannot be so desperate. It’s so not him.

 

He opens his gallery and starts smiling like an idiot when he sees the man he’s looking forward popped up.

 

“Only you made me like an idiot, Kim Sunggyu.” He said while laying down on the bed, putting his phone on his chest.

 

∞∞∞

“Gyu-yah, have you turn off your phone?”

 

Sunggyu turns around and smiles to his brother.”I’m done.”

 

Myungsoo stretches out his hand. Sunggyu gives Myungsoo the phone. Myungsoo releases the London sim-card and changes it to Korea sim-card. He returns the phone to Sunggyu.

 

“Done.” Myungsoo smiled.

 

Sunggyu smiles back and said.“I will miss London so much.”

 

“Silly.” Myungsoo pats Sunggyu’s hair.”We can always come here.”

 

“When Soo-hyung has the schedule though.”

 

“You can come alone, you know.”

 

“Yeah, with bodyguards all around me?”

 

Myungsoo laughs.”Why you always made me seem like an overprotective brother?”

 

“Because Soo-Hyung indeed very protective about me. Hyung just doesn’t realize it.”

 

“But, I didn’t do anything these days, right?”

 

“Because I helped Soo-hyung all the time, never disappear from your sight and yesterday you already put tracker in my phone, that’s why I didn’t see any bodyguards.”

 

“I knew it that you knew it.” Myungsoo holds Sunggyu’s face in his hands.”You know you are an angel, and I already regret once.”

 

Sunggyu quickly holds Myungsoo’s hands and closes his eyes.

 

Myungsoo knows that signal and didn’t say further. His lovely younger brother will hold his both hands and closes his eyes to signal that he doesn’t like the topic.

 

“Just remember that Soo-hyung always got your back.” Myungsoo finished and released his hands.

 

Sunggyu just nods and turns around to facing the plane’s window. They are on private plane right now, at 6am, returning to Korea, ready to face the reality, just like he said to the man yesterday.

 

Sunggyu smiles when he remembers the man yesterday. Nam Woohyun.

 

A man he met on the double-decker bus. And accidentally met at Sky Garden and ended up spending day together. A funny man. He was asleep when Sunggyu arrived at the bus stop and wrote a note to the man. Sunggyu wonders what was his reaction when woke up and realized he was left alone.

 

But, he already told him his phone number though.

 

OH!

 

“Soo-hyung!” Sunggyu turns around just to see Myungsoo turns to looks at him with both hands already broke the sim card into half.

 

“Yes, Gyu-yah?”

 

“That sim card… yours or mine, Soo-hyung?”

 

Myungsoo raises one of his eyebrow.”Yours. Why?”

 

Sunggyu thinks again. It’s silly of him to think that Nam Woohyun will contact him.

 

Sunggyu shakes his head.”Nothing, Soo-Hyung. Anyway, can I have breakfast now? I’m so hungry, Soo-hyung.”

 

“Absolutely can.” Myungsoo answered and called the stewardess.

 

∞∞∞

“Hyung, why do you keep typing? Eat your food, Hyung.” Sungjong said, while munching his pancake.

 

Woohyun sighs for the umpteenth times. The number keeps being unavailable.

 

“Just let him, Jongie. He won’t tell us unless he finally gets his answer.” Dongwoo said.

 

Sungjong shrugs and continues cutting his pancake.

 

Woohyun puts down his phone and eat tuna sushi in one bite.

 

“I miss him already…” he mumbled.

 

“Miss who?” Dongwoo and Sungjong asked.

 

Woohyun eyes his two best friends and straightens himself.

 

“Do you know Kim Sunggyu?”

 

Dongwoo and Sungjong look at each other and look at Woohyun again.

 

“Sounds familiar.”

 

“His brother called Soo.” Woohyun pressed on.

 

“What Soo? Can you give us his full name though?” Dongwoo said.

 

“Kim… Sung Soo?” Woohyun said, unsure.”…I don’t know his brother’s full name.”

 

“Not helping, Hyung.” Sungjong sassily said.

 

Woohyun sighs.”Just forget it, then.” And drink his green tea.

 

“I always go to Jackson’s café. He is my friend. The café’s name is Another Dream. I will give you discount if you come.”

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened. He is so stupid for just realize now.

 

He quickly stands up. Dongwoo and Sungjong who already used to this habit, just waving their hands. Woohyun smiles.

 

“Bye, Guys. Just go enjoy yourselves without me.”

 

And run.

.

.

.

“What?! He’s not here?!”

 

“Boss Jackson hasn’t come. You’re still too early, Mister.”

 

Woohyun looks at his watch. It’s 10 am. The café already opened and the worker said the boss hadn’t come?!

 

“What time does he appear?”

 

“It depends.”

 

“Can you call him?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Woohyun sighs in defeat and sits down.

 

“May I take your order?” The worker politely asked.

 

“Just give me your special.”

 

The worker nods.

 

Woohyun tries again to message Sunggyu’s number.

 

“He is not blocking my number, is he?” Woohyun mumbled.

 

Woohyun lays his head on the table.

 

“I knew it. The bad first impression always imprinted in one’s mind. I’m so stupid. Now, go dig your own grave, Nam Woohyun. You’re so useless, Nam Woohyun…”

 

He is in that state for 30 minutes, until…

 

Someone is poking his head.

 

He raises his head.

 

“You were looking for me?” A handsome man asked with a polite playful smile.

 

Woohyun looks at him for seconds and finally remember.

 

“You are Jackson?”

 

“Yes, I am.” Jackson answered and sit in front of Woohyun.”My worker said you were looking for me and wouldn’t leave until you see me.”

 

“Yes, yes. It’s so important.”

 

Jackson waits.

 

“Kim Sunggyu told me he’s always go to Jackson’s café. The café name is Another Dream. It’s you. Do you know where is Sunggyu? I can’t contact him. Is he here today?”

 

“He’s not here today and more days will come without GyuGyu.” Jackson said.”He just leaves to Seoul this morning. He forgot to tell you, didn’t he?”

 

Back to Seoul?

 

“That’s why his London number is not available? But isn’t that too fast to change sim card?” Woohyun mumbled to himself, but loud enough for Jackson to heard.

 

“That’s how his brother.” Jackson said.”He will change his sim card as soon as they sit on the plane.”

 

Woohyun just nods and finally drink his green tea.

 

“Thank you so much. It’s a good drink.” Woohyun said and takes out his wallet.

 

Jackson smiles.”No worries. It’s on the house.”

 

“You are really kind. Just like Sunggyu said.” Woohyun smiled.”I remember I have things to do. See you and thank you.”

 

Woohyun exits the café and dials someone’s number.

 

“Prepare the private jet. I’m back to Seoul now.”

∞∞∞